Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 8:46 AM
Default Turning a Sim into a servo?
I recall reading about some people attempting to reskin servos to look like regular Sims, successfully and not-so-successfully. So I was wondering if perhaps it would be possible to do it the opposite way - take a "normal" Sim and somehow give them the flags that define them as a servo. Has anybody ever attempted this? What were the results?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 9:06 AM
You can't turn a sim into a servo. Servos have to be built.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 9:52 AM
Nope, can't do it - won't it just be another servo with human skin?
But they have got skins that will give you robot parts, like arms or legs and make the sim look bionic.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 1:01 PM
I don't know but since there are hacks to turn sims into all of the other supernaturals, but not servos (not that I know of at least), I would assume that it can't safely be done.
Scholar
#5 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 1:22 PM
Yes, you need to locate the sim's character file, open it in SimPE and change the Original GUID to that of the servo template (0xD07B9CE9), next time the sim loads it will be a real servo. Only do this on adult humans, don't ever try it on a pet (that will crash the game).
Scholar
#6 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
don't ever try it on a pet (that will crash the game).

I want pictures now, thanks.
I can see a partially metallic and deformed cocker spaniel with the green blob coming out of its backside.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Inventor
#7 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I recall reading about some people attempting to reskin servos to look like regular Sims, successfully and not-so-successfully.

As I recall, if you age your servo down to a teen, and then back up to adult, it will have normal sim appearance, but will still have the squeaky voice, will still be immortal, will still be able to recharge in sunlight. Oooh, so many years ago! I've gone right off servos, even the wildly successful romance ones.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#8 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 10:00 PM
Sorry not ever again for me, I once had two Servo, They got on my nerves all they cook was one thing all the time, and I had to make it clean ( it was lazy ) and their bebebebe sound was driving me crazy.
Good thing I had a "backup" copy of my game way before I added the servo in it. "Never" again for me.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Scholar
#9 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 10:09 PM
I never even had a servo, i think this came with free time...yet another part of the game i never got into lol
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 10:49 PM
It's easy enough to tell a servo to power down then they can be silent in a corner of the lot.

No, servo did not come with Free Time, I think it was OFB.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 11:11 PM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 20th Feb 2016 at 11:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Yes, you need to locate the sim's character file, open it in SimPE and change the Original GUID to that of the servo template (0xD07B9CE9), next time the sim loads it will be a real servo. Only do this on adult humans, don't ever try it on a pet (that will crash the game).

Thank you! I'll see if I can get it to work in my test hood before actually trying it out.
I was just thinking it would be neat to have a Sim or two that, some point throughout their lives, got some sort of cybernetic implant and thus become practically immortal (except for water, and I think I have a hack saved somewhere for that).

In my second neighborhood, I kind of went a little nuts after I realized servos were a thing. Soon about half the neighborhood was made up of them.

Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
I want pictures now, thanks.
I can see a partially metallic and deformed cocker spaniel with the green blob coming out of its backside.

That reminds me of the time I was messing around in SimPE and, just on a whim, changed one of my human sims to "cat." I'm one of those weird gamers who gets a kick out of breaking the game as much as I possibly can. I think I still have a screenshot, hang on a second.

Edit: Found them. The animations were very strange and most of the actions either errored out or just dropped from the queue.

Don't worry, I didn't save. I don't know what might have happened if I did.
Scholar
#12 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 2:10 AM
There are still so many things i havent done in this game, i havent even opened up my own store yet.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 2:24 AM
That reminds me of the time I was messing around in SimPE and, just on a whim, changed one of my human sims to "cat."

FOR SCIENCE!!

Such great pics.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 8:36 PM
Just posting a quick update to say that I successfully got this working. My test subject was the Sim I made to run the orphanage (aka "Miss Orphanage" - I'm so terribly creative at times). Mostly so she doesn't have to deal with those pesky things such as "food" or "hygiene" and can spend more time taking care of the kids.
Scholar
#15 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 8:46 PM
Just posting a quick update to say that I successfully got this working. My test subject was the Sim I made to run the orphanage (aka "Miss Orphanage" - I'm so terribly creative at times). Mostly so she doesn't have to deal with those pesky things such as "food" or "hygiene" and can spend more time taking care of the kids.

Clever idea! I would call her Miss Foster instead, since the word "misfoster" means freak in Norwegian... :D

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/