Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 8:58 PM
Default Help with custom food on community Lots
Hi,

After searching I am hoping someone can help me with food questions as I have not been able to work it out..

For the moment I am trying to build up my hood adding lots I like but have not made enough sims yet nor have the time to run every business so I thought I would be able to use custom foods on community lots that my sims could eat when they visit..instead of just eating in a restaurant all the time..

I have been testing exnem's food today and have found the following ( I only use exnem's foods )

A dessert trolley I placed in my Starbucks venue works like a dream the sims enjoy taking slices of the different desserts which is great but I was wondering how I fill it up when its empty or do I just replace the full trolley from buy mode? If it is the latter its going to be annoying to send my sims there to eat dessert and find it empty or gone off and have to send them home again before I can go back and replace the trolley.

I also placed some cookies around the Starbucks venue as well just on a table and kitchen surface counters because the game would not allow me to place them in the dera food display cases even with move object on but when my sims arrived at the lot the plates of cookies/cupcakes were already off and my sim had to clean them up as the waitresses were ignoring them and not cleaning them up like they do with restaurant plates. so as I cannot find a way to keep the cupcakes and cookies fresh I suppose I will not be able to use them on community lots? I don't understand why the desserts on the trolley had not gone off as well?

Then I tried with the pizzas at a pizza hut type venue and I could display them in the dera display cases without move objects on but when I sent my sims to try and take or buy the pizza they could not and there were no other options? not sure what is going on there either?

I have the hamburger, pancake and dessert cart and they all work well but these are outdoor style food carts and I wanted things to work indoors..

Any advice would be welcome and gratefully received as its so confusing..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 9:25 PM
Community lots don't save at the end of the session; only the sims that were using it save (so they'll remember everything that happened). Exnem's food appliances could be completely emptied in one visit, and if you take the active sim to a different lot and then come right back, they'll all be full again.

I've got several lots with a variety of Exnem's appliances on them, and sims help themselves to a variety of foods; but even if only one is present, I've never had one run out, and my sims can stay out a long, long time.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#3 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 10:02 PM
If you want a more general food (though it's hard to make a themed venue), Cyjon made a mod for the buffet table. Commercial Buffets At community lots your sims will have to open the buffets but it's free and they will only pay for what they eat. NPCs will eat there too. The lot owner (if there's one) will have to pay to open the buffet but will get the money if sims eat the food.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 10:30 PM
@Peni Griffin

Thanks for that info it takes me some time to understand how some things functions in 2 being a fairly new player..-)

@arathea

Thanks for that link I will take a look at that but I am still wondering if there is any way my sims can eat the custom pizzas in my pizza lot even though it is not an owned business yet? as I specifically want them to eat pizza in one lot only. I tried putting them in the display cabinets but there was no animation for my sims to be able to take a slice etc and if I leave some food out on kitchen counters it just goes bad as soon as my sim enters the venue?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 11:18 PM
I think it's because they are not owned. I don't have issues with food being off or selling food on my owned lots-but all such lots in my hood are owned. The only unowned is the pub and that is just a regular maxis restaurant.

I can tell you at my owned bakery with the desert art that it hasn't run out yet. The quantity has gone down though so I think it could run out if it was played more/if I was not selling made up plates of sandwiches for the first half of the day.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 11:40 PM
@joandsarah77

Thanks I thought it may be because the businesses are not owned yet and at the moment as I am just setting them all up and wanted them to work just as community lots for all my sims for now until I make more families for them. I will have to do without the pizza hut and be satisfied with the dessert cart in Starbucks and the ice cream machine in the ice cream parlor I suppose 2 out of three is not bad lol