Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 10:41 PM Last edited by EmpathLunabella : 21st Jun 2015 at 11:05 PM.
Default Question about a house
A friend of mine had me make her a house from a picture she saw on google maps LOL, and she had been complaining about not being able to use Styled rooms, since this house was basically a box for all intents and purposes, 2 stories I decided to do the inside with all styled rooms (except the living room I pulled the pieces out of that and used them so they fit the theme) I wasn't sure if that was something people here would be interested in. Since I didn't decorate it myself LOL I know alot of people get frustrated with the styled rooms not "matching up" so I thought the house could be used to show how they could? o.o Anyway that's my question, do you think people would be interested? Thanks :D

This is the house in question (it's not done on the outside enough to upload yet XD pls don't just the garden LOL)
Imgur Album
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 2:39 AM
For the quality of an upload I don't think it matters whether or not you have used styled rooms =).

The front room on the top floor seems quite unfinished though, maybe do something more with that? And I believe in a real house it would be more logical to have bathrooms on the back side and study/bed rooms on the street side -- the two seem to be about the same size on the top floor; maybe you can swap them? That would also be more practical since the bathroom would be faster to reach from the ground floor when it's right at the top landing of the stairs.

Not sure what the backside of the house looks like .. I guess it could perhaps also use some more details, right now I think it would look a bit boxy when it's just flat with one or two windows on each floor. Maybe put some more/larger/different windows in the bedroom and dining room, that might make the facade more interesting.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.