Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 10:25 AM
In my game, Don usually marries Cassandra and they move somewhere close to the Goth mansion (they've moved to 105 Sim Lane twice and sometimes they've lived on a custom lot instead). They have a couple of kids but soon realize they're too different and usually divorce shortly after Mortimer's death, keeping up appearances until then. Don then goes back to his womanizing ways for a while, then marries for a second time, usually to Nina Caliente or a townie he has 2-3 bolts for.

To me, Don doesn't strike as the family man kind of guy (for obvious reasons) but he's always been a great dad in my game. He always keeps civil with Cassandra too, which is something I rather admire.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 5:13 PM
In my game, Don ditched Cassandra in favor of Dina, with whom he had two children, Dino and Juanita. Don was pretty useless as a father while Dino and Juanita were infants and toddlers, but once they grew to children he became a doting father who could play with the kids for hours on end. He found it difficult to be faithful to his wife. Dina died; wherever Don lives, he takes her urn with him. He accepts that she will haunt him forever. Now in the military, Dino has yet to settle down, and has inherited his father’s habit of peeing in the shower. Juanita married Alexander Goth and just had their first child.

Don played the field after Dina’s death, until the day he brought home from work the lovely townie, Laura Cameron. He thought her blonde pigtails and white cowboy hat charming, although perhaps rather out of place in the operating room. Laura moved in, and they raised one of the prettiest girls in my game, Donatella. Laura brought some stability to his life. He finally completed the skills necessary to be Chief of Staff. They bought their dream home, Palmera. Don was happy. The only woohoo he he wanted now was with Laura.

Two days after they moved into their new home, Laura thought she'd grab a bite at Gilbert Jacquet’s diner. She had barely crossed the edge of the lot when the Countess appeared and turned Laura. (Me: “Noooo!! You just bought a house!!!”) Don still loved Laura, but she was never the same. She began an affair with Cassandra’s youngest son Vincent, and then left Don and Donatella to live with him. Donatella is off to college in a few days. Don is not yet sure what he is going to do now. That dream house is about to get very lonely.
Test Subject
#78 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 9:10 PM
I made one of my sims give him such a fright and now hes got violent constipation...wait what does that even mean? XD
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 3:23 PM
Dina Caliente fell pregnant after her and Don fooled around at a party she had hosted.

Her sister, Nina, caught Don cheating on her with Dina. Dina and Nina are no longer speaking to each other and Nina moved out shortly after this incident.

Before Dina was even showing, Don was tragically killed in a satellite 'accident' (oops my finger slipped! It has nothing to do with the fact that I hate Romance sims...)

Dina found a new home that was more affordable, and a a more suitable place to bring up her child. Little did she know, it wasn't just one baby!

Dina gave birth to identical twin girls - Harper and Hayley. They are now healthy young teens. The two girls and their mum all get on really well and Dina hopes to see them go to college soon.

Below is a photo I took of the twins. As much as I hate Don, he has great genetics! Both really pretty sims

More free Sims 2 downloads at Alyssa's Sims 2 Blog!
Mad Poster
#80 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 7:50 PM
If I play Don, he marries Cassandra and eventually manages to tick off all his other girlfriends. Lots of times I'll change his aspiration to Fortune or something.

(I also have a mod where wives always take husbands' names. I'm a traditionalist.)

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Field Researcher
#81 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 6:23 PM
First of all, wow, it's great to know so many people are still playing Sims 2! And people are still creating new things for it! Thank you all of you!

Regarding the topic:
At the beginning of my game, he married Cassandra and had several kids with her, all while cheating on her with Nina, until Cassandra's untimely death. He remarried another woman who did catch him cheating, who left him. There's now someone else with him, and since he's been "stealing" Elixir of Life via his love interests' aspiration points, he'll probably be around for some time. Especially since he also reached Professional Party Guest and has lifetime platinum aspiration.

He's had something like 19 or 20 children with multiple women thus far.
Test Subject
#82 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 11:25 PM
Don and Nina currently have a son together, but Armani lives with his mom. Don is in love with and have woohooed more than ten women including Nina, Dina, Cassandra, Kaylynn and Angela.
Mad Poster
#83 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 11:43 PM
Now you guys are making me want to play Pleasantview again!

I've been flipping back and forth between TS2 and TS3 myself.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Forum Resident
#84 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 8:03 PM
I de-invited him.

(sorry, I had to )

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Scholar
#85 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 9:34 PM
I have only three Don´s that I played in earnest, and one of those isn´t even in TS2.

Maxis Pleasentview (with Riverside attached):
This Don is centered more around his vocation and astronomy hobby than his aspiration. After learning about an asteroid strike destryoing the hometown of the family bin sims, Don took to watching the sky every night, so the disaster would not repeat in Pleasantview. The long hours at vigilance helped Don make up his mind that he wasn´t really cut out for commitment and also served as a justification to the Goths for delaying his marriage with Cassandra. He dallied with Dina (who decided to marry her true love, Mortimer´s money, aftert seeing Don and Nina in bed together. The money would never hurt that way!) and some townies, only Kaylynn had stopped dropping by, because she had realized that neither Don nor Daniel would give her the family she desired.
Not surprisingly Don ended up alien pregnant. He kept his condition a secret, but eventually confided to Nina. Nina in turn admitted that she slept around to compensate for her lack of self-esteem on account of her family being failed experiments dumped on earth. Being partially of alien blood she promised to move in and help Don raise his hybrid child.

Maxis Belladonna Cove (with Pleasantview and Strangetown attached):
In this world Don was drafted to fight in SimNation civil war before he got a chance to marry Cassandra. She raised their son Jason with the help of her family. When Don returned from captivity in Strangetown, he checked on his dear friend, being equally afraid of two things: that Cassie might be dead and that he had to marry her.
To Don´s s pleasant surprise Cassandra didn´t want to pursue the romance any longer, claiming it had only served to destroy the friendship the two of them had shared.
Don accepted Jenny Burb´s invitation (with John being missing for six years and pressumed dead). The encounter taught him something about himself. After sleeping with Jenny Don felt dirty, because he was not in love with her. All the other women he had been with he was truly and sincerly in love with. But since the conservative Pleasantviewers couldn´t imagine a polyamorous relationship, they had called him a player and cheater until he had believed this, too.
Don is now living with Nina and Kaylynn and his daughter with Kaylynn. He is exclusive insofar that he won´t consider partners outside his little harem, but he´s not adverse so having one or two more join.

Oasis Springs:
After the premature death of both Nighat Caliente, her husbands second wife, Katrina, raised Dina, Nina and a brillant, but troubled runaway teen named Donatus Lothario. As a teenager he made advances on both twins, because when he joined the household he was already too old to see them as his sisters. Katrina tossed out Don for breaking both girls´ heart. As a young adult he had a child name of Tim with a painter (Amber Stein in case you know TS4) and afterwards mended his relationship with Nina. Don and Nina now live together and have a baby son, Basil. Don analyzes microscope samples for a living, the closest I could get to a scientist career in this game.
When I play Amber´s household Don often comes visiting to check on his son, but pretty much ignores Amber. Actually I had him try for baby with Nina mainly because he turned out such a good dad to Tim.
Field Researcher
#86 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 11:39 PM
He slept with both of Caliente sisters in one day, just before Dina married Consort Capp. Cassandra dumped him and got married to Armand DeBateau, so now he's a happy bachelor who's free to sleep with whoever he wants (and there's plenty of possible candidates in my Megahood, especially the younger ones that are still at college - so many romance Sims there! ).

In my old Megahoods, I've done different things with him, but usually I married him to Cassandra and had them have a bunch of kids, much to his dismay.
Forum Resident
#87 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 4:08 AM
I used him as a guinea pig for custom content. In the process, I found out he actually looks cool in a cop uniform. (Actually, that was Darren Dreamer I was thinking of)
Test Subject
#88 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 5:56 AM
He and Cassandra never got married, and instead they just kept fighting so they just broke up instead of fixing things. Don was more than happy to be single and have more options when it came to settling down later (as Cassandra more of forced it on to him), so he looked through his options.

He immediately invited Dina over for some woohoo, and when she left he invited over Nina, and when she left he invited over Kaylynn. Kaylynn left at around 12am so he went to sleep. When he woke up, he switched over to the athletic career and then continued to lure in some townie lovers.

I went into SimPE and messed with a couple relationships. I think I am going to have him settle down with Kaylynn, as she is very attractive and I think he might be able to hold back his temptations of woohooing with others if he settles down with her.
Test Subject
#89 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 4:36 PM Last edited by draechaeli : 28th Mar 2015 at 5:47 PM.
I will preface this with saying that I played an OC before I played the Goth's and as I read the blurb that Sims 2 gave about what happened to Bella and the situation with Cassandra and Don. I read it as Mortimer was very depressed and Don had Cheated on Cassandra with Kaylynn (later I found out that Kaylynn was prior to Cassandra). So my OC romance sim, pretty much just wants to have lots of friends and to get and offer physical comfort when need. So he helped comfort Mortimer (who was apparently getting that from Dina) and then later became friends with Cassandra as well.

After Cassandra told my OC that she was pretty sure that Don was a lying cheater. The OC then chat up Don, right into his bed. With suspicions confirmed though Cassandra couldn't put any blame on Don as she slept with the OC as well, she still wanted more up front honesty and hatched a plan (because she wants to start a family of her own). Don stayed with the Goth's for a week (or well that was the plan), but found himself pregnant with Cassandra's Son, so stayed for the pregnancy. During that time he tried to set himself up for promotion at his work and slept with Lucy Hanby. After he gave birth he left the kid with Cassandra and went back to his house.

Trying to show off the skills he had learned while on Paternity leave, Don invited Andrew Seavy home for some networking. Thinking it would help sweeten the deal they woohoo'ed (I have the risky woohoo mod so I wasn't trying for a baby) only for him to find himself preggers again! So I decided that that was his curse, he can sleep his way through Pleasantview but only he will ever get pregnant.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 5:58 AM
I always felt guilty when one sim cheats on another, so I didn't play much with Don. I did use his genetics quite a bit though. It would be interesting to know how many woohoos Don has actually had since he came into existence. Thats gotta be one very large number lol.
Instructor
#91 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 2:02 AM
In my current game that also has Strangetown in it, after fulfilling his LTW of woohooing with 10 sims (I have squinge's hack), he got Chloe Curious/Single pregnant and ended up marrying her instead of Cassandra. He's been pretty mellow after that, leaving all the cheating and out of wedlock babies drama to his best friend, Daniel Pleasant. Chloe has only ever slept with him though, and being a romance sims with a LTW of having 10 lovers, she's been pretty unhappy as of late...but nothing has come out of it so far. He'll be an elder in about 2 sim weeks, which is short since I have a mod that extends their lifespan, but cuts the elder stage. So he has about three weeks to live.

Their oldest son, Harvey, has just graduated from college and lives with his fiancée in one of the condos next door. He's a popularity sim who wants to replace Mary Sue as mayor of Pleasantview in the future. Their daughter, Glabe, is a teenager that will go to college next sim week, but she's a knowledge sim who has no interest in anybody so far.
Forum Resident
#92 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 2:56 AM
This is awful but...I was making an orphanage and needed babies. I would have a woman move in briefly, get pregnant, have her baby, and leave it there when she left. I did this with about 5 different women and Don was the man chosen 4 times. Therefore I had a variety of ages and they were mostly half-siblings so no romance with each other when they became teens. Anyway, this orphanage was funded with child support payments from the fathers. Don loved being used but the child support was killing him. He had his job, he painted, he made pottery, basically anything to make money. When his girlfriend got pregnant, it was the last straw. He married her and she added extra income to the house. He learned his lesson well. He never cheated after that.
Test Subject
#93 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 7:31 PM
Don's story in my megahood is:

Bella, who is aware of Don's continued philandering, threatens to stop the wedding and/or go to Cassandra with the incriminating information. Don is desperate to stop Bella, so when a mysterious person tells Don that if he gets Bella onto his roof at a certain time they'll take care of the problem, he agrees. Bella disappears in a flash of light from his roof and several weeks later is still missing without a trace. Don falls into depression born of guilt - he'd wanted Bella out of the way, but hadn't meant for it to go quite this far. He mopes around the house, is unable to go through with the wedding to Cassandra, and spends his nights searching the skies with a telescope for any sign of Bella.
This of course leads to an alien abduction and pregnancy. By this point there are all kinds of rumors and veiled accusations about Bella's disappearance and the wedding fiasco swirling around Don. Unwilling to add the abduction and male pregnancy to the mix, Don pulls a disappearing act of his own and packs up to Strangetown. He hears aliens are almost commonplace there and hopes he and his kid will blend in. Plus, who would think to look for Don Lothario in a dead end town in the middle of nowhere?

So him and his almost-ready-to-transition-to-child son are still in Strangetown. Don's got a job in construction, and is good friends with PT9, who's been giving him advice on raising his little hybrid. At some point directly before or after the kid was born, Don went into aspiration failure. I decided he was having a reverse mid-life crisis deal and changed his aspiration to family. Might switch back later, or at least give him a romance secondary, but for now it's all about that kid.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 1:28 AM
I made him eat lunchmeat till his face distended, then I launched him into space.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
I de-invited him.

(sorry, I had to )

Haha Yeah I do most of the time...
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 12:08 AM
I made him bang Dina, and Nina "accidentally" walked in, smacked the shit out of Don, she made up with her sister after like 50 apologies on Dina's part.

So then I added Kaylynn to the household because she has a higher relationship with him than any others. But Don doesn't know that Daniel Pleasant got her pregnant. She's gonna try to pass it off as his kid.

Oh yeah, and Cassie dumped him and now she's having a thing with Nina cause why not? They're cute together and it's fun to see if Nina can stay with one person, which she has so far. (Mainly because she has family as a secondary aspiration.)
Mad Poster
#97 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 12:21 AM
Don who?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Don who?

Don Lothario. Ya know, Pleasantview's native manwhore.
Mad Poster
#99 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 1:16 AM
Pleasantview..Pleasantview..Nope, never heard of it.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Pleasantview..Pleasantview..Nope, never heard of it.

Stay away from it. It's dangerous. There's affairs and disappearing sims everywhere.
Page 4 of 6