Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 10:18 PM
Default need help building a airship
right i have a problem i want to build a airship but i need help i have built the layout deleted the foundation and now i want to add things like add a u shaped layout at the bottom of the ship can this be done ?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 12:47 AM
Some pics of where you are in your project and maybe a sketch of what you want to do would be helpful.

I don't have a clue from your description what it is you are trying.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 9:52 PM
Default heres a pic of the ship
its still early stages but here is my work so far i want a say a upside down roof for the bellow so it looks like a ship.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 10:27 PM
Let me see if I understand ... You would like to add a V-shaped bottom hull to this?

I don't know how to add that ... but are you sure that is what you want? This would look more naturally boat like if it was 'on water'.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 12:10 AM
Default thats right
i am making a final fantasy movie on sims99 , and i want this to be like a cross between a airship and a boat.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 12:19 AM
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#7 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 3:54 PM Last edited by V1ND1CARE : 26th Sep 2006 at 8:07 PM.
Creating a hull for your airship is simple and there are a few ways in which to do it. Here is one.

1) For ease, outline your hull dimensions on the ground using some small fencing.

2) Turn on the ConstrainFloorElevation (CFE) cheat and raise the terrain to fashion an inverted hull. (For this example, I’m illustrating a basic hull, but for your airship, play around with it until you get the shape how you’d like it. Remember that the ground will “mirror” the effects for your hull.)

3) Now, take the level terrain tool and level the ship’s hull flat.

4) Then level the terrain flat as well to obtain your hull.

5) Remember to use the leveler on the floor above your hull so that the effects of warping are negated on the higher floors.

6) Now your hull should resemble something like this:

Hope this helps to provide you with a basic foundation in constructing your ship’s base.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 6:55 PM
thanks for the great help i will post the airship here on mts2 when its finished cheers and thanks agian for all the replys and your hard work showing me.a2duke.
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 3:02 PM
V1ND1CARE, thank you for such great instructions. There's so many of us out there that would love to make ships like the awesome ones that only you can come up with, and too many of us aren't sure where to even begin. This helps to give us a starting point. Thank you.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies