Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2013 at 12:17 PM
Default How do you access Sims 2's Packageinstaller.exe without administrator on Windows 7?
I apologize if this is in the wrong section. It's my first thread post.

Alright, so for quite a while, I've wondered why I have not had the lots that I've downloaded added within my game. Then I noticed, as I downloaded the lot, it had the "Sim2pack" icon. Of course, I clicked on it because I recalled having to do this with Sims 3. With Sims 3, I was able to smoothly access the Package Installer without Administrator/Owner privaleges. I eventually got bored of the high-tech Sims 3 and moved down to Sims 2. Nevertheless, I did as I did with Sims 3. But every single time, It resulted in wanting the Admin/Owner password. Unfortunately, I can not access it. Only my parents can.
What can I do to be able to download lots without Admin/Owner?
I've tried making sure it isn't set to "Run as Administrator", I moved it to users accounts, etc.
What more can I do?
I'd like a thorough answer but not to complex for I'm not an expert with computers but after all I can do enough to fix it.
Any help would be greatly appericiated
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 5:34 AM
The 'limited user' context for Windows 7 was designed to keep people from installing content on their own as a way to protect the computer from accidental malware and viral downloads. You'll have to ask your parents to allow you to install Sims content - they'll have to change your user profile to an administrator profile.