Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 12:12 AM
Hmm I haven't tried modding the game yet myself, because in my experience trying to mod the sims once a new expansion comes out is asking for trouble. I'm slowly re-introducing mods that I like to use, but that should be something that EVERYONE is doing. If you're not, and you're getting crazy bugs, backing up and deleting your mods should be the first thing to do!

I had an annoying CTD bug that I was able to fix with this: http://soulfulsims.mybigcommerce.com/

I like the game as is, even un modded. I do love my awesomemod as well, but I haven't had the need to try it yet.

Late Night is good, it adds a few things that I definitely wanted (sliders, new items, and adjustable wall deco is awesome) but if you're the kind of person who has a working heavily modded game of the sims 3 now, this "might not" add enough new content for you. Vamps and celebs are cool too, but there are BUGS to worry about. Almost every new released sims game I have ever played had a few bugs, so honestly I was expecting to find a few.

It's a fun game, but I really think people are asking a lot from EA. What I got with late night was exactly what I was hoping for: Vampires! XD I mean, they were done more or less the way I was hoping for, and if that's not good enough for me down the road then I'll do what I always do. Download a mod lol

If your flaky about getting it now, just wait a few months. Otherwise be prepared to have to carefully re-mod your game and lookout for a few bugs here or there. For me, this wasn't show stopping news, as I mostly run off of a few cosmetic mods, awesome mod, skin mods, and pay content. My CTD was the worse thing so far, and the patch above fixed it fine.

That's my 2 cents though ;P
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zaroba
only just started playing it, but the typical annoyance that ea put in their other towns is in the new town too.
not being able to put any new/large lots because they very annoyingly decided to make most of the terrain unroutable and shoved tons of roads on the map.
was lucky to find one spot to put a 64x64lot, its not even against a street and i had to demolish an empty small house to place it.

that's really annoying me aswell with bridgeport there's no spot for 64x64lot...
Banned
#78 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 5:59 AM
I have to say, that I am not at all disappointed in Late Night. Ok, maybe just a little, but only reason is because I expected Bridgeport to be a visitable town, not one I had to move to. But I did, and I have to say, I'm not disappointed. It's a lot of fun, and definitely added a lot more to do to the game. The whole feel of being a "celebrity" is a lot of fun. I've been caught cheating a few times (hey, I'm a B-List star ya know! lol), but I find it all funny. Sure there could have been a bit more added, but I think they added plenty. Hopefully they'll release the next one fairly soon as well. I'm dying for Pets!! We need pets!!
Test Subject
#79 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by apokalypse
that's really annoying me aswell with bridgeport there's no spot for 64x64lot...

Ahaha, I demolished that black celebrity's home to put down my giant vista. But yea, absolutely terrible city planning options, not to mention just the availability of houses themselves is poor.

Quote:
but if you're the kind of person who has a working heavily modded game of the sims 3 now, this "might not" add enough new content for you. Vamps and celebs are cool too, but there are BUGS to worry about.

There is no question that EA used this release as a sort of a mod chain breaker. The hard coded mods and body slides were all nerfed for their own system. But seriously people, we are talking about week 1 of the release. The modders are gods and will deliver shortly.

With that being said, don't for one second question this release, it is essential to the Sims world, the concept of celebrity and tiers of celebrity networks is absolutely amazing for the game. Now you don't have to walk on equal grounds with the lowest of low sims scum that decide to stumble up to you.

Not to mention the dance floors, added conversation and grouping interactions and hot tub. I am still kind of really disappointed they didn't improve the Woohoo sequences, why should Sims 2 be better than Sims 3 in that department?! That is a shame
Theorist
#80 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 6:45 AM
There are a few things that make me feel a bit gutted at times, but I think most of these things will be fixed through Awesomemod or another patch. My biggest annoyance was the camera but HP fixed it. In a few weeks I think I'll be able to take back most of my disappointment. I never fully enjoyed Ambitions until Awesomemod was updated so history could be repeating itself.

Here's what I don't like:
-The food truck and apartment mailboxes aren't available even in buydebug. Plus the food truck doesn't seem to appear in my custom hood even when I placed EA lots with the parking space already there.
-Getting a gig takes wayyyyyyy too long. It got to the point where I was looking through the options in Twallan's debugenabler to see if I could force a gig, but no dice. I still have to try the force phone call option, that may work but I'll probably have to do that several times before a gig comes up. I really hope someone makes a mod to make gigs happen more often.
-The electric guitar from HELS isn't available on community lots so I have to use the celebrity reward guitar instead. This annoyance is pretty minor.
-I'm confused about the pigeons. In Bridgeport I've only seem them in that park in the middle of the city and since it's not actually a lot I can edit I can't find out how the pigeons were put there. I've tried multiple commands with the fog emitter but they never appeared so they may be a CAW object. I wanted pigeons in my own hoods too darn it!
-Speaking of CAW objects, the new ones in Bridgeport aren't available in the world editor except the stadium sign and the trees. I'm confused about the reasoning behind hiding something as simple as a crane or traffic light from us. They did this with most of the Ambitions ones too.
-Clubs in my game never have more than 4 sims at once even if it's a hotspot, but I think this is just made more noticeable because of the EP's theme. I'm playing on a pretty low-end system. Plus, I may be able to sort of get around the limit by making a big group of sims and taking them all wherever I want to go.
Mad Poster
#81 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 7:35 AM
Agreeing with Captain THPS4, why have food trucks, trash chutes, and pigeons if you can't use them in any other world? I guess you must have CAW skills to benefit from those items. That sucks.

After trying to fix my Bridgeport, stupid gray, Ambitions lots, once you delete the lots, the land becomes unrouteable terrain and cannot place another lot on the land. Speaking on the unrouteable terrain, why is most of the open land to use for placing new lots, is unrouteable? Man, Bridgeport is constraining my ability to enjoy a urban world. Really hate the way building in that world work, homeowners association, what a bunch of crap. Pfft!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#82 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 1:32 PM
going through Sims 2 CC and i found this https://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/...e_537294_13.jpg, i'm shock they didn't give us back the bowling...i'm expect EA bring back couple of things missing from Sims 2 back and marketing it as something new
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 3:09 PM
I've found the fact that the inner workings of clubs and bars are totally un-customisable dissapointing. You can't change opening times ( as far as I know ). Can't change the employees uniform ( besides very rigid presets ). Also you can't change what's on the menu... on the whole though it is a good expansion pack.
Forum Resident
#84 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 3:34 PM
Quote:
Another thing that I dislike and am disappointed by is the "greasy foods" emotion. It bothers me. Now you cannot eat a freakin hotdog without your Sim feeling like garbage.
Quote: Originally posted by Land_Cow
I know! What's up with that? When I eat a hot dog or hamburger every once in a while, I know it's not good for me but I still enjoy the taste!
This is the first I've heard of this. Weirdness and I do not like. Firstly I've never thought of a hotdog (or grilled burger) as greasy. Secondly, most people like greasy food - wouldn't be so many fast food places otherwise. I eat fast food two to four times a week - I like the taste. Greasy food doesn't bother me. This sounds irritating - will have to see how it plays out in-game, I guess.
Field Researcher
#85 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 5:15 PM
Just a few hours playing (3 star celeb) and everything looks Ok for me. No pukes (and my sim has some vampire friends.), no empty bars (just look for hotspots in the newspaper), regular party invitations, and so. Kind of disappointed with the lame half wall, though.

The streets look less crowded than usual, but my sim needs to hang around just a few minutes in front the theater to get some tips (she's trying to be a rock star, which goes well with the celebrity thing). The ideas behind the celeb theme are funny - for a game, I mean. My sim got slandered and had a hard time because of that. She autonomously hid a celeb clothes while he was naked in the jacuzzi. Bouncers, disgusting celebs, kick ass parties, new instruments (finally!), vampires... Well, it has been funny for me, and I'm not exactly a fan of the LN urban look.

The fact that we need to use the buydebug cheat to expand the highrise lots sounds very odd to me. And the lack of parking space is very annoying.
It would be great if EA had added Apartment Life to this expansion. I mean, what's the point to implement apartments in the game if you can't visit your next door neighbours? Sure, it would be insane to populate all the building, but what about a floor or two? I mean, if you can visit your "suburban" neighbours, why can't you do the same with your "urban" ones?

Despite of that, I'm having fun with this expansion. :D
Test Subject
#86 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 5:27 PM Last edited by Sec_1971 : 7th Nov 2010 at 3:22 PM.
I'm disappointed with the bartending bug. Many forums say that some mod is preventing my sim from tending bar, but I don't use mods. I don't like the constant puking, or the fact that everybody seems to be a celebrity. I specifically put a female in my town that could eventually be my sim's GF. But, by the time he met her, she was a celebrity and wouldn't talk to him. I'm not really having any bugs, other than the bartending thing (which pisses me off). My clubs are pretty full. As far as the unusable black space in the high rises, you can use it. After entering the testing cheats code, just enter restrictBuildBuyinBuildings off and you can now build in the high rises. There are actually three levels in each one; just be sure to delete the level skip object (it's a big chrome ball on each unused floor).

I just realized what the bartending problem is; you can't tend bar in public with the "loner" trait. Change it, and it works. Makes sense, as you can't really be a bartender if you get uncomfortable in crowds.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 5:40 PM Last edited by Mikikitty : 31st Oct 2010 at 6:19 PM.
Overall, I must say I am very pleased with LN as I really wanted some city feeling!

What I don't like has been mentioned a couple of times here, e.g. that EA is making it damn hard to edit this town. It is almost impossible to build own apartments at the moment, as there are only two in buydebug (the ones in CAW are only for decoration), and altering the EA ones means I have to use at least 40x40 lots, which I don't want in the neighbourhood I'm making.

What I also don't like is the fact that half of the game's objects seem to be only accessable via buydebug... I mean, why, for god's sake? At least the decoration objects should be found under DECORATION! (But at least all the new stuff shows up in my CAW... the Ambitions objects still don't, though.)

I truly hope EA will give us that terribly needed patch asap, so my Sims will stop puking and getting stuck and trying to kill their babies out of sleep deprivation. And I am actually hoping for some guide concerning apartment building, making of clubs (what's with the opening hours, I want to change those!) etc., so I don't have to look into forums for each single step. Also, has anybody figured out yet how to give selfmade neighbourhoods that "big urban city" sign (or whatever it is called) that you see when choosing a new NH?

Ooooh, I just remembered what I really don't like: The street on the hills look ugly like hell, not smooth at all.... seriously, anybody who used CAW for more than ten minutes knows how to avoud that!

Quote: Originally posted by lazzybum
I closed it cause I was a tad bored Didnt think it be this fast. I briefly tried the drinks, new foods, clubs, apartments, hot tub, film career, impressing celebrities, etc. Yea theyre cool.. the scenery is a nice change, but that was about it.

What exactly do you expect of a life simulation game? A robot invasion your Sim has to prevent single-handed?

I play Sims in German, so I apologize in advance for any "funny/wrong English term" I might use when describing something about the game. ;)
Scholar
#88 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 7:48 PM Last edited by lazzybum : 31st Oct 2010 at 7:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mikikitty
What exactly do you expect of a life simulation game? A robot invasion your Sim has to prevent single-handed?

If you want to exaggerate it that much, then sure, that would be pure awesome. But anyways, I expected more of the gameplay, as thats whats most important to me in the sim games, and this one just lets you go out and have some drinks or go clubbing after work, which was doable for years in TS2. I guess I liked Ambitions better, as I actually enjoyed that for a few weeks. It also didnt really feel like a city to me, but I'm sure people are going to create much better cities than the one included. I enjoy the gameplay of TS2 much better (also a life simulation). But Im not gonna give details since Im sure people are tired of seeing people comparing the two xP
Test Subject
#89 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 7:53 PM
I'm very disappointed in the performance of LN. My computer was smooth as silk before I installed LN. LN runs so choppy it is no fun to play. It is not low fps that is causing it is LN itself. All the other EP's run smooth.

Is there a way to uninstall LN without doing a complete reinstall?
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 8:56 PM
I was hoping for more build options. Cannot make own apts or skyscapers without shells. Do not like shells. Already bored. Played most families, now what? Not much. Just waiting for more new stuff.
Test Subject
#91 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 10:48 PM
I keep hoping that I'll finally end up at the right hot spot and there will actually be more than 1-2 sims at the place. Has not happened yet. There were more people waiting on the street outside my house in Twinbrook than at the clubs in Bridgeport. That has me very disappointed.
Instructor
#92 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heartbreak
Another thing that I dislike and am disappointed by is the "greasy foods" emotion. It bothers me. Now you cannot eat a freakin hotdog without your Sim feeling like garbage. That and the opportunity where your boss calls and says that your image is everything and that you need to work out for four hours. I think that's gross, especially with the younger girls that might play this game. Yes, I understand that they are an aspiring actress/actor but... it just seems... wrong... for some reason.

I completely agree that telling the sims to lose weight for work (although realistic,) is wrong. However, why is saying greasy food is bad for you wrong? Greasy food is bad for you. It has VDL & LDL cholesterol which is harder to leave the body & clogs arteries. Sure, it may not be the best outlet for it, but it sounds no less naggy than the eco-friendly trait. It seems like EA has been almost parenting in their games lately.
Test Subject
#93 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 11:15 PM
I'm disappointed from game performance. The game runs so slow \my computer is strong enough\, moving from the apartment till the bar is about 1-2 hours... Well, that's like in the city. But THE WORST thing in LN is the elevator.. Now in one bar my sim is struck with 6 other sims and just one elevator... It cannot go out. The cameras work bad.. It's ok that someone made a fix for the camera and I installed it. Vampires are beautiful, but I dunno, something in them misses... I'm disappointed with the "city" It would be better if there were more places to live and have fun. The BEST thing in this expansions are the music instruments... And I can say, I expected more! It was huge marketing for LN, but as I can see it's just media attention.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 1:12 AM
At first, I didn't have the problem with bars being empty as a lot of people have mentionned.

Some were actually quite full! The sims would always sit on the bar or dance though, I'm yet to see one using the bubble machine!

The Sims didn't interact with each other in the bars, so when I compare this game with TS2's much livelier version, I'm disappointed. They added no new social interactions that matter and it shows! So, when going to a bar you have a couple of Sims dancing and another one sat at the bar reading a book. Great.

In my last playing session the bars started being completely empty. No bouncers or mixologists either. Or the mixologist would arrive and when I'd click on him to get a drink, he'd leave. And do that everytime. I found the root of the problem, all the neighborhood is gathered in a random spot on the street and do not budge. Resetsim doesn't work, they come back to the spot again.

For me, this is the buggiest expansion pack by far and the most dissapointing since I expected more of it, and actually loved its TS1 and TS2 counterparts. But there's so little to do compared to TS2 EPs... Ambitions stroke me as lacking in content too, and this last disappointment may be close to announcing the end of the Sims for me.
Field Researcher
#95 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 2:15 AM
I just got my copy. I played for a little while last night, but what i noticed was that it was really laggy and pretty buggy, as i've heard from others so i did expect it. I started a 3 sim family in a high-rise 1br/1ba apartment. It took them FOREVER to get up there since the elevator decided to take it's sweet old time (glitch?) and then once i wanted one of the sims to leave, the elevator wouldn't work, so the action kept removing from her cue. I had to use moveobjects on to take her outside. It was pretty annoying. I think they tried to put too much into one EP, lot wise. Like others have said, there is so much more to do now that it takes forever to get somewhere. ugggggh. I hope with a patch some of the bugs and stuff can be fixed. I love the celebrity aspect though, but the sims are so damn stubborn sometimes it's hard to impress. :P

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Test Subject
#96 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 6:02 AM
i'm disapointed that they took out sethighestallowedlevel in sims 2 allow us to build more than 5 floor, either lazy or not ea should bring that cheat back enable us to build those towers/skyscraperand Sims 3 becomes anti-builder. look they EA just want profits make a quick bucks no desire for quality games in respond to fans/customer needs and wants. they took stuff out and put it back in expansion packs as something new..
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 11:15 AM
One thing I forgot to mention is that the parties your neighbours invite you to have NO atmosphere. When my sim arrives the others are just standing there, one per room, not doing anything! No food is out, and they don't even seem attracted to the game objects or hottubs. The host behaves as if no one's home, taking a bath and going to bed. Ugh EA, forgot to do some basic coding?
Test Subject
#98 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 3:25 PM
A few things disappoint me too!

1. The job hours are ridiculous!
I liked it when it was 9am to 3pm... now its 1pm to 7pm!
Anyway of changing them back or explaining to me how i can change them myself?
I mean thats hella unrealistic and annoying to the families I DON'T want anything to do with Night Life

2. The apartments are HUGE and most only big enough for one or maybe two sims
Why couldn't Sims make it possible to have more apartments in there!
Did it in Sims 2! and I loved it!
But back to them being huge... it means you HAVE TO use there new map to get the full experience in the game.

3. linking to problem two the amount of space for sims is lame
If you wanan fill the places you need land
The amount of houses are LOW and not only that
the map is SO Hilly that you can't place new plots
so hella frustrating

4. I have made 14 extra families all with 8 people in them...
And no matter how many people I have and don't matter how many of them I have made a celeb
ALL the V.I.P pass places are empty... and after over 100 sims days growing the town... still NEVER seen one other sim in them

EA come up with a hella amazing idea and if you ignore them problems the game is amazing!
I love it a lot
But them 4 problems to me (the main ones) ruin the game a lot
I wish EA could do something about them

The main problem is 100% the working hours
Please is there anything someone can do
or
Something you can teach me so I can change them myself

Thanks (:
Test Subject
#99 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 4:39 PM
You guys gotta agree, it's night life or late night and we should be able to call people up until at least 4 am to go out and chill and do something. I mean that's the main part of the game, night life! I tried to call someone pass 1200 and guess what, they got pissed because I called too late. -_-

I mean I just turned to a vampire, and it's so boring living mostly during night time.
Inventor
#100 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 4:59 PM
The-way-life-is:

Your post
makes no sense
with the way you have
entered the text
like you
are writing a poem
instead of sentences.

But to address your points: The careers that were in the game already should have the same hours as before. The new careers might have different hours but that's more realistic. Not every one works the same hours. If you are really that dissatisfied with it, then you could edit the XML to change the hours of those careers.

There are cheats to allow you to build an apartment and you don't need to use the shells so you can make smaller apartments.

Some people are experiencing an issue with getting sims to show up at the clubs but a lot of us aren't having the issue. I can't say for sure what causes it but for me, it only happened after trying to install a mod that was not yet EP-ready and corrupted my game. Reverting to a saved game and not putting that mod back has fixed the issue. If that isn't the case with your game, I'd guess it's a system issue.

kittens!
Page 4 of 9