Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 2:20 AM
Default How do you cook a Steak ?
Barbecue?
Charbroil?
Pan fried?
Oven Broiled
Or.......

:D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 2:33 AM
I always opt for either pan fried or on a grill (ideally a wood-fired one). I like tender steaks, so I always tenderize it before I throw it on the heat, but that's kind of a matter of opinion... Same goes for marinade- there's all sorts of varieties out there, some people like it, some people say it hides the flavor of the meat. (for what it's worth, I kind of go back and forth on the marinade, but one of the best steaks I've ever had was one that I left in the fridge marinating in bourbon for a day and a half!) The better the steak is, the less it should need to be cooked, no matter how you're preparing it, and also the less seasoning it should need- for a really good steak, just a dash of salt should be plenty!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 2:37 AM
oh boy , That just made me SUPER hungry....
Theorist
#4 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 3:17 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 30th Jul 2015 at 3:33 AM.
Gas-oven broiled Porterhouses.
Best meals I've had in my life, hands down.
Oh, but that was decades ago.
Nowadays, I can't afford that cut any more, but occasionally will have a Ribeye or Strip on the barbeque, seasoned with Montreal Steak Seasoning. Good, but no comparison to those Porterhouses.

Instructor
#5 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 4:05 AM
If cooking steak indoors, I always use a super hot cast iron skillet over a medium-high to high flame. Toss in two steaks after the skillet is hot and let them sizzle for about 12 minutes total. I add a little butter or margarine to the skillet if the steaks are really lean. I just had steak a few nights ago, now I want another.

We've been buying all of our beef from a private, sort of local business for last 5 years. It's the best I've ever tasted.
#6 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 4:06 AM
Hummm...
Go to Saltgrass.
Order rib-eye, rare.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 4:23 AM
I tend to grill mine until it's medium well or well done. I don't like soggy steaks I don't embellish my steaks that much, but I like A.1 (boy I'm basic XD) or Teryaki sauce, but only when it tastes right. I once had Teryaki steak at a restaurant and I sent it back because it was that horrible.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 4:40 AM
Default What is Saltgrass?
>> I know rib eye..

Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
Hummm...
Go to Saltgrass.
Order rib-eye, rare.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 10:48 AM
Leave it still partially mooing, I love rare steak...
#10 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimLaReine
>> I know rib eye..

Saltgrass is a steakhouse in Texas.

I had good steaks in Colorado, but their mushrooms distracted me.

Quote: Originally posted by no.[666]bicycle
Leave it still partially mooing, I love rare steak...

Ummm.... moo. {drool}
Scholar
#11 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 11:32 AM
I don't. Mum and dad do.

Frying pan because its faster
Mad Poster
#12 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 1:45 PM
Back in the day, when I ate meat, I loved steak au poivre. I've yet to come up with a good vegetarian version of that dish. I still eat fish, so we tried it with swordfish. It just wasn't right. *Sigh* Oh well!

I like my tofu many ways: plain from the container or microwaved for some warmth, dipped in soysauce and brewers yeast and then grilled,pan fried, or in many recipes. One of my favorites is when it's pan friend and added to eggplant three-cup. I also favor firm tofu over soft.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 2:12 PM
Baked, grilled, or fried. Depends on what the steak's made of.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 5:42 PM
Default I am not American, but I love steak !
Sounds super Yummy
I want to visit America one day and eat a steak at a place in a film where you had to eat a 5 pound steak in under an hour I think and you get it free .. pretty sure it is in Texas

If you go, order one for me?

here it is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Texan_Steak_Ranch

mushrooms... colorado are we talking Hunter S Thompson??

Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
Saltgrass is a steakhouse in Texas.

I had good steaks in Colorado, but their mushrooms distracted me.

Ummm.... moo. {drool}