Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2015 at 6:18 AM
Default Parents go on Vacation, Teens can party at home!
Im after a hack where you can send the parents on vacation while leaving teenagers at home, and still be able to play the home lot. The Pleasent girls would like to have a party while the cats away!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th May 2015 at 7:33 AM
The only way I know how to do that is by using 'Community Lot Time' while sending the parents to a community lot where they can sleep and eat. I do holidays/vacations like that. You also need the 'sleep on community lots' mod or tents. You play the parents on holidays for a few days, so you would need a lot set up like a resort, or a camping site with enough to do. You have to play them first. Then after a few days send them home, the home lot loads and the girls are by themselves until the parents arrive back home, on the day and time they left their resort.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#3 Old 15th May 2015 at 10:36 AM
Just make sure the parents have enough vacation days or they'll get fired.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th May 2015 at 10:46 AM
Oops yes. I forgot to say put out the Simlogical sign first.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th May 2015 at 6:06 AM
That could work, Thanks Jo

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 16th May 2015 at 6:42 AM
If you want the girls to skip school you can use the sign with the school patch or set them to flexi school.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th May 2015 at 10:09 AM
no, just party up! Actually the only thing that bugs me now, and I dont know why I didnt think of this before, is the day and time stay the same when they get back! Now theres another hack Id like to find!

Scholar
#8 Old 16th May 2015 at 11:09 AM
If you use the CommunityTimeProject, the day and time won't stay the same when the parents get back. You first play the parents during their vacation at a regular community lot as long as you want them to be there. When you let them return, the home lot will load when they left but there will be a timer running until the time when the parents left the community lot. That's when they arrive at home. In the meantime you can play the teens and let them party. The only thing is that they can't visit community lots themselves until the parents are back at home.

ETA:
Community Time Project
I use it in my full game, up to M&G and the only time I remove it is when I send sims on a regular vacation.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 16th May 2015 at 12:29 PM
So long as community lot time is working properly the parents will arrive back shortly after they leave their holiday resort. So if they depart from home Friday afternoon, stay the weekend and leave 9am Monday, they should arrive back home Monday at about 9am. If you find they are arriving back the same time you may have to change their mode of transport. Walking, owned car or taxi. For some reason my sims can't walk or it wont work.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th May 2015 at 1:52 PM
Does Community Lot Time not work if they go on a real vacation?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 16th May 2015 at 2:16 PM
Some people find it bugs, I've only gone on a holiday once and things worked just like the game normally does.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th May 2015 at 2:52 PM
There is a known problem where the time left in the holiday will roll over twice if the sim(s) are away from the hotel/owned lot at midnight (reason: BV has its own Community Lot Time). If they are at the hotel/owned lot before midnight Community Time hack works correctly.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 16th May 2015 at 4:33 PM
If I want to send part of a household on holiday whilst the rest stay at home I move the sims who will be going on vacation out of the house, and into a 1x1 mini lot with iCad's toilet/shower/fridge want fulfilling paintings, a phone and a computer/desk/chair. Then they go off on their vacation, which they book and travel to from the mini lot, leaving the rest of their household in the original home, so that I can play their household whilst the others are away. Then, when the vacationers return home, I move them back in with the rest of the household in the original home and I use SimBlender or SimPE to subtract the correct number of days from the lifespan so that the ages stay in sync :-)
Mad Poster
#14 Old 16th May 2015 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
If I want to send part of a household on holiday whilst the rest stay at home I move the sims who will be going on vacation out of the house, and into a 1x1 mini lot with iCad's toilet/shower/fridge want fulfilling paintings, a phone and a computer/desk/chair. Then they go off on their vacation, which they book and travel to from the mini lot, leaving the rest of their household in the original home, so that I can play their household whilst the others are away. Then, when the vacationers return home, I move them back in with the rest of the household in the original home and I use SimBlender or SimPE to subtract the correct number of days from the lifespan so that the ages stay in sync :-)

Just want to make sure ... teens can stay at home alone this way? I thought teens couldn't stay in a home by themselves without using cheats.

While I have no qualms about using hacks and mods, I find that in some cases, they can affect other behavior in the game, so I've recently cut down on downloading new ones.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Alchemist
#15 Old 16th May 2015 at 6:16 PM
Yes, teens can be left behind when their parents move out.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th May 2015 at 5:10 AM
Thanks everyone, will pop it all into play and see how I go!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 17th May 2015 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ksantipasim
There is a known problem where the time left in the holiday will roll over twice if the sim(s) are away from the hotel/owned lot at midnight (reason: BV has its own Community Lot Time). If they are at the hotel/owned lot before midnight Community Time hack works correctly.

Thanks for that tip.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 17th May 2015 at 8:32 AM
You are welcome!