Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 12:25 AM
Default I somehow made my top invisible and I have no clue how.. :( Please save me?
So I'm making a top, its the first meshing project that I was planning to release, and I've made tons of practice projects, I'm no longer deathly afraid of Milkshape, CTU, etc.

I kept my tutorials up (multiple ones, just in case one didn't make sense I could cross reference and figure it out) and meshed a bit just to alter the BaseGame A/YA Male Fitted Tank to make it longer, then add on stencils.

After I meshed, I went in game with a CTU package to test that the mesh looked how I wanted it to look, everything was pretty golden, to be honest, I was very proud.
Then I went back to CTU after exiting the game to add on my stencils, I only messed with the Stencils, Patterns, and Stencil Pool sections and added 6 designs.

That's the 3D Preview from CTU. Super cute! Fantastic, so I got everything set up, went into game and..

I don't even know what happened, but something happened and now I'm lost. ;-; I tried looking stuff up to troubleshoot myself but all I get is "how to get rid of bad CC" results.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 7:05 AM
buump??
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 12:04 PM
Please upload the package so we can take a look.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 7:42 PM
Did you assign the bones?

lavoieri.tumblr.com :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 8:13 PM
Like I said, the mesh worked fine when I went to test it.

I tested it just so I could make sure that it was fine and didn't need further edits before I moved on to textures. :/
I've uploaded both packs, and just now I noticed that Pack2 (the after dds edits pack) is significantly smaller than Pack1? How does that happen? :/
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Use Charm WIP Packs.zip (289.7 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Pack 1 was just a mesh edit, Pack 2 was after I edited the .dds files.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 10:08 PM
Pack2 is missing all the meshes and morphs. Pack1 appears to have all your stencils. My guess is that you made your stencil changes, saved Pack1 (correctly), and then did a Save As. When you do a Save As with CTU it will only save the stuff you've added or modified plus the CASP - so that could explain it.

The sequence with CTU is:

1) Clone a game clothing, set up patterns, import your custom meshes (if any), and Save As.
2) Open the new package, make any changes to patterns, etc., and do a Save. If you need to have a copy of the package before changes were done, make a copy before using CTU.

You should try Pack1 to make sure it's what you want.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Pack2 is missing all the meshes and morphs. Pack1 appears to have all your stencils. My guess is that you made your stencil changes, saved Pack1 (correctly), and then did a Save As. When you do a Save As with CTU it will only save the stuff you've added or modified plus the CASP - so that could explain it.

The sequence with CTU is:

1) Clone a game clothing, set up patterns, import your custom meshes (if any), and Save As.
2) Open the new package, make any changes to patterns, etc., and do a Save. If you need to have a copy of the package before changes were done, make a copy before using CTU.

You should try Pack1 to make sure it's what you want.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh. Thanks so much that makes everything so much clearer now.

Can you tell me how you managed to check that? S3PE? (Just in case I fudge up again in the future).
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#8 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 11:33 PM
Yes, I opened both packages in S3PE and saw the Pack2 has only the CASP and the textures. It should have CASP, textures, GEOMS, and a few other types of files.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Yes, I opened both packages in S3PE and saw the Pack2 has only the CASP and the textures. It should have CASP, textures, GEOMS, and a few other types of files.

Well, thank you so so much!

They totally work now. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 5:32 AM
If is not too much too ask, could you send me the link? Or are you going to upload here? I didn't find in your profile. I made pokémon t-shirts too but they are for females, I'll like to have these for males, I like it a lot.

lavoieri.tumblr.com :)