Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Spice Pony
#51 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 5:34 AM
Personally, one of the things I most like about the TS3 vampires is that they don't die in the sunlight, and, with the immortal lifetime reward, it in fact has no meaningful effect whatsoever. Having read up on the actual legends, I can tell you that the whole sunlight thing is a modern invention. Specifically, it was created by the people behind Nosferatu. Actually, vampires that die in the sunlight, while admittedly very cool, are kind of a pet peeve of mine for that reason.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 7th Jun 2014 at 7:25 AM
Are they better than TS2 Vampires (if you've never played NL, just put N/A)?

N/A. I haven't played the sims 2 yet.

Do you enjoy playing Vamps?

All but the wrist bite- drives me crazy! Just bite their necks already.

Which premade Vamp(s) are your favorite(s)?

Um... I don't really know as I never really seen one up close for long enough. XD

Are the powers cool or uncool?

Mostly cool, like the mind reading and such but come on! Vampires should be able to bite their victims necks and hunt should automatically allow vamps to drink from all sims, regardless of relationship.
Instructor
#53 Old 7th Jun 2014 at 8:52 AM

I honestly don't have any memory of TS2 having vampires, not saying there isn't I just don't remember them.

Yes and now. If I have aging turn on vampires give me more time with them, I also, to a certain extend I like how they look and they abilities. Most of the time I don't even play them and sometimes I even turn off vampires.

Elvira Slayer, though she is kinda bitchy towards my sims, once she slapped my sim for no reason as soon they entered the bar.

Personally I like the Hunt and learns skill faster powers.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 11:27 PM
I really don't know the difference between late night vampires and supernatural. I've had supernatural for AGES and I only got late night the other day, if there are some other qualities of the late night vampires PLEASE let me know!
Scholar
#55 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 11:24 AM
Quote:
I really don't know the difference between late night vampires and supernatural. I've had supernatural for AGES and I only got late night the other day, if there are some other qualities of the late night vampires PLEASE let me know!

Supernatural added that Immortal Age Potion or whatever, or a Lifetime Reward that caused Vampires to not be harmed by the sun at all if they are outside. However, it causes them to sparkle. With LN vampires, they did not sparkle and ended up smoking a bit and fainting if they were in the sunlight for too long. Other than that, they practically play the same way...

I don't think they are all that much better than TS2 vampires. I mean, in TS2 I could have my vampire leech off his lover. In TS3, I don't seem to be able to do that. And I have to say, the TS3 NPC vampires seem kinda dumb. At least in the world I created, the vampires keep walking around in sunlight and if I switch over to them, I always see them having the "Too Much Sunlight" moodlet. Well, moron, how about you stay inside your home until sundown?

Do I enjoy playing as them? Eh, I played one and it was nice. I don't think I'll do it again, though, kinda not very appealing after a while...

And I don't use any pre-made Vampires, I only make them myself for my custom world.

The powers? Eh, kinda cool... but others are kinda... meh. It's cool to learn a person's favorite meal if there's a wish to cook it for them. But other than that, I dunno, seems kinda lackluster. I would like for them to be able to die in the sunlight, but I also like that they don't sparkle. (If Supernatural is not installed or that Immortal Potion thingy that causes them to sparkle) So it's a total toss up for me. Part of the vampire are cool, the other part... not so much.

C-A
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#56 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cotty200
I think there's no difference when Supernatural is installed. The patch notes back then mentioned that Late Night vampires were "upgraded" to Supernatural features, i.e., if you have Supernatural you have the "full" vampire, if you have only Late Night and are fully patched you'll have the "full" vampire, too, and if you have only Late Night and are not patched you'll have a vampire that lacks all the additional Supernatural features (like Intimidate, Confess To Being A Vampire, etc.).
Test Subject
#57 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 6:31 AM
I dont really like Vampires lol I tried the Van Gould household in Moonlight Falls, but the teens would never go to school O.o
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 11:31 AM
On the one hand, yes, they're better than vampres in TS2, at least they can see themselves in the mirror and don't die in the sunlight (but they faint and lose their powers,that's enough). On the other hand,TS2 vampires could turn into bats,I loved that!

Yes, though I usually have 1-2 vampires in the world, because I play in a sort of "spiced-up, but realistic" style, and I don't want my town to be full of weirdness, though some fantastic and mysterious elements are fun, if kept to minimum.

It has been so long since I last played in Bridgeport, and I never relally played any pre-mades in Moonlight Falls, so I can't really tell. However, Elvira Slayer and "those hippie vampires" (I don't remember their last name!) were nice.

I don't care about their aging, as I age all my sims in CAS, and have aging turned off anyway. Everything else is cool, like mind-reading, skill learning, drinking blood or being a "vegetarian vampire"...

I'm not really a vampire fan, but they do have some charm and are fun to play sometimes.

Check my blog for worlds and lots: Sims3 ComfoLife Design Studio
Instructor
#59 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 2:55 PM
Well... I don't mind letting em drink out of my fairies. Fairy blood is yum, almost like a drug!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 9:07 PM
I'm considering repricing the Vampirism Cure you can buy at the science facility (for personal use, unless someone wants it). What sounds like a reasonably expensive price? I'm thinking ยง130,000.
Page 3 of 3