Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 2:57 AM
I'm very curious as to why EA made us watch the same commercial five times instead of just giving us the 50 points after watching it once.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 3:26 AM
Wonder how many days it be up. Would take 40 days too get enough too get a world.
Instructor
#28 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 3:36 AM
I have been trying for two days now and I'm in the US and i still haven't seen it
Mad Poster
#29 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 4:10 AM
Make sure your addblock is off. If you use firefox like I do, then I suggest you do this in Google Chrome. If you already use Chrome then I have no idea how to help you.
Theorist
#30 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 4:02 PM
Well, couldn't see it yesterday and still can't see it today. Yes, I'm logged in and it doesn't matter which browser I use (IE, Firefox, Google Chrome) still nothing. Oh well.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Field Researcher
#31 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 4:16 PM
Companies usually 'roll' these things out in groups/servers, don't they? A lot of games I play do it that way. Everyone will get it eventually, even if it could take months.

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 4:53 PM
Comon folks, 50 simpoints is like, how much, 1 dollar? And you waste 5-10 minutes of your life watching a toilet paper commercial over and over. That's not even minimal wage... I think I prefer to work one hour OT :/
One Minute Ninja'd
#33 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by taoyingying
Comon folks, 50 simpoints is like, how much, 1 dollar? And you waste 5-10 minutes of your life watching a toilet paper commercial over and over. That's not even minimal wage... I think I prefer to work one hour OT :/

Well, it's not often you actually get paid even a minimal amount of money to watch a bear wipe its ass with toilet paper in the forest now, is it?
Field Researcher
#34 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 8:39 PM
There's adblock automatically in Chrome. I had to pause it to see this. IE may have an automatic ad-blocker as well, but I don't know; haven't used it in ages.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 11:19 PM
I've been able to do it using Safari on the iPad and on Chromium (it's a parallel version of Chrome, or something like that).

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Inventor
#36 Old 1st May 2013 at 8:49 AM
Come on its just click farming. I do it in other games for stuff like free spins on the daily squeal .... (a take off on the wheel of fortune) for nothing. They are nice adds and its kind of a fun way for people that have no money to earn something they want. I wish we could get spins for it, but I never win big in spins, so picking what I want is fun. I am 2 dollars closer to that Multitab than I was yesterday and I do spend a lot on books. It seems to reset everyday for me at 10 pm PDT so I just have to remember to do it. I do wish it paid a little better. The best way I have found to get to it is Store tab at the store main page and then "ways to pay" and it shows up in the daily deal box area.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Instructor
#37 Old 2nd May 2013 at 9:45 AM Last edited by StardustX : 2nd May 2013 at 2:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by taoyingying

If you ACTUALLY sit on that same tab and watch a bear wiping it's ass 5 times, that's your fault, not ours. Do something else while the video is playing.
And I don't understand why this has a disagree. The points are free. Is it really that hard to just have another tab for a few minutes open to get free points?

Also I'm assuming each video is probably only about 30 seconds long. Technically $1 every 2 minutes is $30 an hour which is pretty damn good money. :P

It isn't showing up for me either. .-. With adblock disabled and such, on Chrome.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 2nd May 2013 at 4:53 PM
It appears I have a SPACE for the button in the side bar but no actual button to click on.
I'm so glad our Charmin ads in the UK are of a koala rolling about in clouds and not a bear wiping its ass.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Alchemist
#39 Old 2nd May 2013 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
It appears I have a SPACE for the button in the side bar but no actual button to click on.
I'm so glad our Charmin ads in the UK are of a koala rolling about in clouds and not a bear wiping its ass.

A space, eh? Now you know you are moving up in the world. I, on the other hand, have no space. *sigh*
Mad Poster
#40 Old 2nd May 2013 at 10:38 PM
I guess I didn't see it because I wasn't on the site during the hours of 11pm to after midnight, but was on the site last night/early this morning and the button showed up on the store page. I was on my tablet and it took 10 minutes to load the ads, move to the next part and spent another 15 mins waiting on the page to load. After all that, I got 10 simpoints. Didn't try for more. Not interested.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#41 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
Guys, guys, guys!!! Check out what I just discovered! If you go to the Sims 3 Store page, there is currently a button on the left side panel that says "Get Bonus Simpoints! Compliments of Our Sponsor". Click on it!!! All you have to do is watch a short commercial and when you click "Continue", 10 Simpoints will be added to your current balance. THIS IS REPEATABLE!! I don't know if there is a cut-off for how many times you can do it, as so far I've only done it twice. But I just wanted to let you all know: FREE SIMPOINTS!!!!! YAY!!!

*celebrates Sims-style with horns and noisemakers*

Update: Okay, so I kept doing it to see if there was a cut-off and it let me do it a total of five times before the button disappeared. Still, YAY! 50 free Simpoints!

Edit: For those who may be having trouble seeing the button, try changing your location to US. As some commenters below have stated, it may only be available in the States.

I did it multiple times and have gotten over 1000 simpoints.
Page 2 of 2