Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#151 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 4:30 PM
Oh man, I thought the fish spawners deal in BB was just my imagination. Good to know I'm not losing it.

Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Seams are just chunk boundaries. They're always difficult or impossible to hide.

Considering I've never noticed them in any other neighborhood (and I have all of them), I don't know if "hide" is the word I'd use for what they attempted here.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Sorry, yes, I should have been more precise:
- Barnacle Bay has the "feature" that as soon as LN is installed every single resident has at least one celebrity point.
- it also suffers from a lack of seed spawners and no fish in the ponds
- the BB diner ship is not recognised as a diner with regard to the photography skill (the one in Twinbrook is the same as well as the Riverview spa rabbit hole)
- BB especially has a duplicate population of graveyard ghosts
- Bridgeport on the other hand had the problem that the new multi-purpose rabbit holes were not recognised with regard to opportunities (like delivery of produce opps, f.ex.). This was fixed with a patch, I know, but what about the new rabbit holes in LL?

Okay, this has been helpful. No, not every resident has a celebrity point (at least not in my game) - but still, I've noticed today that the number of celebrities increases annoyingly fast. No bug, I suppose, just that stupid "I know a celebrity-now-I-am-one-too-system".

There are fish in the ponds (but I haven't tested, which) and seeds around the town. Same thing for rocks, meteors and so on. I've also been able to find snakes and guinea pigs and other minor pets.

I still haven't examined the possible rabbit-hole issues - I hope it isn't bugged like in Bridgeport (I know this problem ...).
Retired
retired moderator
#153 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Oh man, I thought the fish spawners deal in BB was just my imagination. Good to know I'm not losing it.

Considering I've never noticed them in any other neighborhood (and I have all of them), I don't know if "hide" is the word I'd use for what they attempted here.

They are always more noticeable if you build a lot over them. Sometimes you can avoid that, sometimes you can't. If you haven't seen them before you're just lucky. They're REALLY noticeable in Shang Simla because of all the hills.

I'm usually the first to criticise the EA world-building team for sloppiness, but this is a broader issue. Perhaps they could have made chunks more seamless when designing the world engine in the first place, but as they haven't and possibly couldn't, I wouldn't blame them for the odd slip up now. There are far less cosmetic issues with the world. Like the foppin' giant holes in the derouting paint on the mountains.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Scholar
#154 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 5:17 PM
Oh absolutely. You could drop a house into those!

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Field Researcher
#155 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 10:38 PM
It's OK, I think they cheated a little by making most of the rabbit holes the exact same It's quite pretty but I've not really messed around with it yet.

I'm kinda pissed of because my Sims can't EAT the fruit from the crystal tree, there seems to be a glitch. Another thing is you only get 2 outfits, 2 pairs of shoes and NO hairs

I like the lighting though, also I think the water is different, it seems very blue. I really like the domes, but in one or two of them I'm not sure what the memories are.

Look up 'Quxxn' on Youtube, she shows you the town in really good detail .

My Simblr: Here
Scholar
#156 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 10:54 PM
Surprisingly, I like it. The effect on the rabbithole entrances is pretty cool and most of the builds don't look half bad. I can live without the domed res lots, too "hobbitish" for my taste. Woulda been nice to have the pipes in the World Editor and some space age type taxis.
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 12:16 AM
The hexagon maze!

No... just no! Not only is there a nice, sharp edge going through it, but the whole thing is nothing but markings on the ground. What a shame, as that would have been such a nice place to put a huge dungeon.

Oh, I do hate rabbit holes! At least the custom rug and door ones are small and can be placed inside real buildings. That image showing the interior of a house with green sofas and a red chair shows just how much EA values originality (they don't, but then the sims themselves make that point VERY clear.)
Mad Poster
#158 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
- Bridgeport on the other hand had the problem that the new multi-purpose rabbit holes were not recognised with regard to opportunities (like delivery of produce opps, f.ex.). This was fixed with a patch, I know, but what about the new rabbit holes in LL?

The Opps in rabbitholes seem to work fine, although I've only completed one of them, at the Big Bang Bistro. This is the one where my sim eats there, and afterwards advertises the place to 3 sims; everything went as it should. There are no combo-rabbitholes in LL.

There are wild horses, and the Unicorn is there.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#159 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 1:42 AM
I'm now curious how many sci-fi worlds will appear from those who own LL. I'd be interested to see some complete worlds with LL items. It still sucks that you have to slap a green skin tone on Sims just to pretend they're aliens. I mean, it works for stories, but that's about it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#160 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 2:25 AM
How can you not love it?

From a world builder point of view, I think they really did well on this one.
Retired
retired moderator
#161 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 2:30 AM
I totally agree with simsample. It's the first Store world that has even an ounce of effort in it. That's not to say it's perfect, but it's a damned sight better in technical and design terms than their previous attempts.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Scholar
#162 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
...It still sucks that you have to slap a green skin tone on Sims just to pretend they're aliens. I mean, it works for stories, but that's about it.

I don't understand why players are ticked that there are no "aliens". There were none in S2 either and players loved Strangetown and the green skinned Sims so what's the difference?

If ya want "alien" Sims, make them just like ya had to in S2. There are enough sliders and CC to make some cool looking aliens on your own, probably better than EA would make anyway.

This world is waaay better than HS or BB by a long shot. There was at least some effort and imagination put into it.
Eminence Grise
#163 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cameranutz2
I don't understand why players are ticked that there are no "aliens". There were none in S2 either and players loved Strangetown and the green skinned Sims so what's the difference?

If ya want "alien" Sims, make them just like ya had to in S2. There are enough sliders and CC to make some cool looking aliens on your own, probably better than EA would make anyway.

This world is waaay better than HS or BB by a long shot. There was at least some effort and imagination put into it.

Hmm? TS2 had aliens that were not simply green-skinned sims :O You got them in your family by stargazing with the expensive telescope with a male sim... he would have a chance to be abducted and give birth to an alien baby. They had facial features you couldn't simply make in CAS.

Mind you, beyond that there was not much interesting about them, but they WERE a "supernatural" special sim type?
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 9:04 AM
I would love a "supernatural" alien, but for now, I'll just make different colored Sims. I'm really liking Lunar Lakes so far. I love sci-fi and I love rocky desert, perfect combination for me.

Usually I don't edit the townie families in the game, I just make my own and leave the base ones to themselves. Now I really feel like fleshing out an entire world for once. I'm very inspired and it's awesome to get this feeling back, like when I first bought the base game.
Field Researcher
#165 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 9:43 AM
Default Stuck Sims?
Today I saw a 2 sims stuck in one of the public pool.

I wonder why they can swimming in the fountain?
and they can't get out unless I use the resetsim cheat

And I saw 1 sims stuck in the Memories of Appaloosa Plains park bone-shaped fountain too!

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Instructor
#166 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 1:19 PM
The City looks nice, but I have problems with the Prosperity Tree. It's immpossible to to harvest it's fruit... I can feed the tree, it changes its apperance, but the fruit can't be harvested. I tried buying new tree, reseting it and other stuff like that. If anyone would know about the fix for the tree.... Well it would be nice to have something like that.
Alchemist
#167 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Black Zekrom
Today I saw a 2 sims stuck in one of the public pool.

I wonder why they can swimming in the fountain?
and they can't get out unless I use the resetsim cheat

And I saw 1 sims stuck in the Memories of Appaloosa Plains park bone-shaped fountain too!

They can't get out because they require a straight side to pull themselves out, and that fountain is completely rounded.
Field Researcher
#168 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 2:47 PM
^ That happens to me, though in Sunset Valley the Sims were protesting in the fountains .

My Simblr: Here
Mad Poster
#169 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 3:42 PM
I think they swim in fountains because the Pets can swim fountains.
And like EA says, Pets are Sims...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#170 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 4:09 PM
Well, fountains are practically pools made to look like they aren't swimmable. You still create a pool to create fountains.
Theorist
#171 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Hmm? TS2 had aliens that were not simply green-skinned sims :O You got them in your family by stargazing with the expensive telescope with a male sim... he would have a chance to be abducted and give birth to an alien baby. They had facial features you couldn't simply make in CAS.

Mind you, beyond that there was not much interesting about them, but they WERE a "supernatural" special sim type?

But they don't offer a very different gameplay/feature from their normal Sim counterparts, except for those 'unique facial features'. Not that their facial structures are that desirable to begin with.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#172 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 5:14 PM
I agree, the Sims 2 aliens were just sims with a different face structure, skintone and eyes. If you use a mod you could have townies generate with alien eyes and skintone, and if you use facial template replacements you could have them with 'alien' features too. There was no occult status involved with Sims 2 aliens.
Scholar
#173 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 10:29 PM
OK, so my game wasn't bugged and I missed out on some "supernatural" powers...good to know.
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 11:47 PM
I increased the size of the moon, and now I have a more alien-like world
Screenshots
Instructor
#175 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 12:02 AM
In one way I love the moon edit, in another it's like holy shit don't come hurtling towards me. xD
Page 7 of 10