Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 9:35 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Open for Business, Pets
Default Gameloading then black screen
My game is loading then a black screen appears, i go into task manager(ctrl+alt+delete) and it says its not responding.
I recently accidentally turned off my computer while sims was running. i knocked a power switch. I have recently had problems with CC but all possible bad files have been moved.i have Uni OFB, Pets, Holiday and Glamor life.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 1:22 PM
http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php..._Index#Graphics

Try that link and see if that helps.
Or try: http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php..._Help:FAQ_Index

And go through each step. I hope this helps.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 3:38 PM
If you look at the Processes tab in Task Manager, does the Sims2 process (you can highlight it by right-clicking on the App name in Application and choosing Go To Process) have any numbers changing under Memory Usage? The Task Manager will incorrectly report a program that's still loading if it takes a long time as 'Not Responding' even though it's still loading.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 11:16 PM
looking at those links, will try HPs idea soon, also i forgot to mention its wasnt a completely black screen , the sims 2 mouse was visable and moved.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 11:19 PM
can see anything in those faqs,
right lets see if it works now test run here we come!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 7:47 AM
hmm cd is cracked a bit, is the little strip of silver in the middle important?
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 2:55 PM
Most likely yes. But you didn't say if you went through the faq that we linked you to. Or if you looked at the Processes tab in Task Manager.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 1:09 AM
the faqs didnt help, i didnt look in the processes tab, havent got roundto it,