Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Site-wide announcements:

Inside every sane person there's a madman struggling to get out.
Replies: 9082 (Who?), Viewed: 1167270 times.
Page 364 of 364
Top Secret Researcher
#9076 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 3:56 AM
Yes, the memory sticks were indeed a great investment! My Sims 3 game is far less laggy, and I think I can look forward to hours of fun without having to take an angry poop every time I play too long and lose progress due to crashing or save errors.

My Sims 2 Blog - info and stories

Am I the only one who fogs up her glasses when eating Kung Pao noodles?
Theorist
#9077 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 9:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
That the $32 I spent on a set of two 2gig ram sticks will be a very worthwhile investment.

Interesting! How much faster did your game go? You have made me thinking I also should, how much RAM did you have before?

I discovered that if a sim in the criminal career gets sent to jail, he loses job performance points. That sucks, the bar was all red
Top Secret Researcher
#9078 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:55 PM
Well, it's not lagging every few seconds, from what I saw. It did get laggy after awhile but that was due to it getting a little CPU-hungry. It still saved quite well though - even after an extended period of play. And well, it's because my fairy was not careful when woohooing with Norman Joy. First time, she only had one kid. Second time? Triplets. She could barely get a wink of sleep. It was still hard, even after one of them was able to get into the fairy house (two of the triplets are human). I may have her call a babysitter so she can get some quality shut-eye. She's a mess.

My Sims 2 Blog - info and stories

Am I the only one who fogs up her glasses when eating Kung Pao noodles?
Lab Assistant
#9079 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 4:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikel23
It only changes the plaque, though. I wish this could be done to change a dead Sim's ghost type. :/

I'm now working in a different graveyard (in Sunlit Tides) and I just noticed that I can click on the headstone of named/already deceased Sims and override the type of death. How great would it be if it actually works! I'll have to do some in-game testing on this.

I appears that I spend a lot of time in graveyards, and there's nothing wrong with that : )
Lab Assistant
#9080 Old Yesterday at 2:33 AM
Any sim can eat kelp, as long as its cooked over a firepit.
Theorist
#9081 Old Yesterday at 6:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindali365
I'm now working in a different graveyard (in Sunlit Tides) and I just noticed that I can click on the headstone of named/already deceased Sims and override the type of death. How great would it be if it actually works! I'll have to do some in-game testing on this.

I appears that I spend a lot of time in graveyards, and there's nothing wrong with that : )

I've done it several times in the past, but it could only change the plaque, not the ghost type, sadly. :/

Nothing's wrong with that! Sometimes I make some Sims die just to populate the graveyard with colorful ghosts -- and not just decorative gravestones. :p

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#9082 Old Yesterday at 9:15 AM Last edited by lindali365 : Yesterday at 9:29 AM.
@nikel23... Awwww, that's sad. I had hope, but thank you very much for saving me the time and trouble of testing that out with the ghosts. It sounds like your graveyard is colorful and very interesting, I'll have to give that a try soon. Random thought: I wish we had Death by Chocolate, that would be my preferred way to go. XD

ETA: I may be the last player to realize this, but if you delete/flush the 8 Uncharted Island markers in IP, it's so much easier to move around in map view without all that annoying fog around those islands.
Theorist
#9083 Old Yesterday at 9:34 AM
That I will never be a The Sims 3 pet-person. I love cats and dogs irl, there is nothing better than them and sometimes I almost beg people that I can take their dog for a walk, but it's just not fun in The Sims 3. I always feel bad for having the dog home alone when everybody is at work, and it just feels like a chore to take care of it sometimes.
Page 364 of 364

Section jump