Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 10:26 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Directx 9.0c compatible graphics card not found error
I get this problem when i updated my graphics card

[My specs my Processor Intel core 2 duo and my graphics card ati radeon hd 3450 my OS Windows 7 64-bit 4gb ram] updated drivers rebooted i used to have a intel q33 chipset family integrated graphics card and sims 2 worked with that but other games did not work with that card like South park Stick of truth and portal 2 but if anybody has a fix for this let me know
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 8:32 AM
Read this post http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...:Graphics_Cards and notice:
"Also, try deleting My documents/ EA Games/ The Sims2/ Config/ userprops.xml. This contains details about your previous graphics settings and will be refreshed by the game when you next run it"
BUT:
Deleting userProps.xml can cause all your Maxis made 'hoods to revert to their default fresh-out-of-the-box states -so:*backup*your Neighborhoods folder before deleting UserProps.xml so you can restore it if this happens.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 6:19 PM
Deleting userProps.xml wont work and the link is a 404but the computer that has the ati hd 3450 is not hooked up to the internet i'm posting this on a different computer and the only sims game i can play is the sims complete collection and the original sims but not sims 2
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 9:37 PM
Normally the pc makes a autobackup (I don't know what it exactly is in English) before installing a driver. You can try that.
You can also go to the ati site and download a previous driver. That worked for my nvidia card.
If I understood correctly your pc has a dual card? Then you can decide which program to run on which card (eg my laptop has both an intel and nvidia card). That can be a solution too.
I don't know how to help further. I have had bad experience with ati cares so for graphic games I swear on nvidia.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 5:43 PM
I fixed it by getting it to run in windowed mode
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PacmanL34596
I fixed it by getting it to run in windowed mode

The game runs better in a lower resolution, cause when it first came out, the standard resolution was lower than it is now.
So playing in Windowed mode is recommended and it does makes sence it fixed your problem.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)