Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 7:26 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default No Customers Arriving at Home Business
To elaborate more on my experience with the OFB expansion before getting to the current issue, my "Simsona" from another custom neighborhood did own a successful home business once upon a time. Instead of creating some little shop although I did do that with toy robots for a brief period, I turned my house into a place for customers to simply enjoy themselves. The only people who visited were my sim's neighbors with the addition of the single garden club member (which I detested). Although I could not get higher than rank 5 (I think?) due to the fact I only had eleven unique customers visiting, it was nevertheless a fun experience for my first ever home business.

A little while ago tonight, I wanted to start up another home business like the first so I did the usual setup before allowing customers to flow into my lot. After I gave the okay for my "Simsona" to open up, I notice that customers are not appearing whatsoever. This includes only my Sim's custom-made neighbors, which has actually more than doubled since my previous business experience. I waited a couple minutes (or a couple Sim hours) and still nothing; I ended up abandoning the idea and had my Sim close the business.

My only guess is an installed mod (which I didn't have before the first business) is preventing people from coming, yet I have so many mods I wouldn't be sure which one is the real culprit without nitpicking through each one. When I temporarily took out a few mods that seemed like the best candidates (like Visitor Controller and notownieregen), it did not quite solve the problem. Instead of my Sim's neighbors showing up, I had a few random townies which I do not want. Throughout my nonstop experience of playing Sims 2 after getting the ultimate collection last September (yes, it is that addictive), I've become very persnickety with my Sim befriending only neighbors I created and not some ugly Sim the game generated.

If it means I need to sort through every mod until I find the one responsible for this bug, so be it. I am just wondering if anyone who's had this similar dilemma could provide an easier solution before I perform this large spring cleaning. If necessary, I can upload screenshots of my entire bins folder with the list of mods to help further investigate the issue.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 7:32 AM
First of all run the hack Conflict detector. This shows possible conflicts. http://www.simwardrobe.com/ Under Sims 2>programs.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
First of all run the hack Conflict detector. This shows possible conflicts. http://www.simwardrobe.com/ Under Sims 2>programs.

Thanks for the response.

I have downloaded the detector and tried it out, but it revealed no errors. I think the detector tries to look for these mods within the original Sims 2 folder that was created after I installed the base game, instead of checking out the ultimate collection's downloads folder. These are really two different installations as the base game came from the hard copy of Sims 2 I own, and the Ultimate Collection was from Origin. I believe this is why I've been putting mods into my bins folder for the ultimate collection instead, because I can't actually see any custom content if they're in that Sims 2 downloads folder.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 10:39 AM
That could well be your issue than. You must have no other versions of sims 2 installed when you install the UC. You need to uninstall the UC, uninstall your base game and reinstall the UC. You're lucky your game is working at all.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That could well be your issue than. You must have no other versions of sims 2 installed when you install the UC. You need to uninstall the UC, uninstall your base game and reinstall the UC. You're lucky your game is working at all.

Under that circumstance, I guess I have been quite fortunate the game's been running fine. Alright, after I sort out my custom things so I can transfer them to the new installation afterward, I'll go through that process then repeat finding the conflict to my original problem with the customers not showing up.