Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 6:37 PM
Default wallpaper shadows light
Hi,
How do I fix this? can I get it to be all smooth instead of outlaying every wall tile? it does this no matter what wallpaper I use and I don't like it!
I use the UC

Help is much appreciated.
thanks
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 7:18 PM
It's to do with how the game renders the wall and not to do with the wallpapers. The only fix would be something to do with addressing the graphics rendering which might mean changing the settings. AFAIK it happens to everyone.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 8:03 PM
It does happen to everyone - or just about everyone I'd imagine. Just not to that extent maybe. I know I've never seen that bad of a case of "shadowy-wall-itis". Do you have any windows in that room? That might help it not look so obvious. If you don't want windows in that room (it happens, I've made rooms without windows on purpose!) maybe play around with the lighting, try different lights in different areas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
It's to do with how the game renders the wall and not to do with the wallpapers. The only fix would be something to do with addressing the graphics rendering which might mean changing the settings. AFAIK it happens to everyone.

Yes, that is what I thought. I was just hoping someone would know how to change some settings maybe.

Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
It does happen to everyone - or just about everyone I'd imagine. Just not to that extent maybe. I know I've never seen that bad of a case of "shadowy-wall-itis". Do you have any windows in that room? That might help it not look so obvious. If you don't want windows in that room (it happens, I've made rooms without windows on purpose!) maybe play around with the lighting, try different lights in different areas.

I've never seen it this bad before either. no windows because I'm trying to take pictures of all my cc lamps. and if I remove one of the walls, and let daylight in, none of the lamps work.
Undead Molten Llama
#5 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 10:59 PM
I wish there was a fix for this! Even with lighting mods, it doesn't really go away. In fact, lighting mods will sometimes make it worse. You can Photoshop it out, but if you're previewing CC, you probably don't want to do that, for "truth in advertising" reasons. For picture-taking purposes, I've found that you can mask it pretty well if you put in more lights. So, if you're taking pics of ceiling lights, maybe place some tables on the floor in the room, around the whole room, and put table lamps on them and turn them on, which will counterbalance things a bit. Then angle your camera so that those lamps aren't visible. Or if you're taking picks of table/floor lamps, put a bunch of those recessed ceiling lights in the room.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.