Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 3:49 AM Last edited by alljoj : 21st Aug 2016 at 4:03 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Clean Installer is STILL being a butt.
Nothing ever even shows up in the folders once I click install. I installed a lot (not a lot of things, but a residential lot) today, looked at the Teleport folder, and nothing was there. I tried using Save as... and that wouldn't work either. I've tried in the past with other things with varying levels of success, meaning the custom content in the file was there, but not the sim.

Help? Do I need to reinstall my Clean Installer?

EDIT: I found the problem. It's saving to the admin account's Documents. \
That still poses the question, though... How do I change that?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 4:03 AM
Do you use the UC, CDs, or separate online packs? The UC frequently causes troubles with the Clean Installer and other sim-related programs because the original directory isn't set up correctly.

When you open a file, what does the dropdown list under "Choose directory" say?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 4:15 AM Last edited by alljoj : 21st Aug 2016 at 4:50 AM.
Ultimate Collection.

"Downloads, LotCatalog, SavedSims, Teleport, Browse..." in that order. It creates folders in the administrator documents as it needs.

For now, I've copied and pasted the downloads on the administrator account into mine.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 7:33 AM
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 8:34 AM
Do you use the version that has been updated to use with UC here: http://modthesims.info/d/409950?
If you have installed it before August 2014, I recommend uninstalling it from your programs in Control Panel and download this one, install again and it should work without having to do anything else at all.

(That is what I did).
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 3:08 PM
I installed it yesterday night, and it's still been doing it.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 3:51 PM
Just let me make sure: have you installed the lot without problems (original post)?
Have you look for the Sim in Bodyshop/CAS under existing Sims?

(I don't have a clue - it works completely correctly for me).
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 3:58 PM
The lots are installing perfectly and so are the sims once I take them from the administrator's Sims 2 documents and paste them into mine.

I'm asking at this point if I can change the user it installs to. Because this is just tedious.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 10:00 PM
I have not installed any Sims for a very long time, to be honest, so I cannot be sure where they will go.
Can you tell us what the exact pathway is to the administrator account (because I do not have anything like that).
Instructor
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 12:26 PM Last edited by sparky1922 : 22nd Aug 2016 at 12:55 PM.
@alljoj

I have also come up against a problem with Sims2Pack Clean Installer after my recent PC upgrade in that it will install lots and CC but then some lots are missing in game and I have noticed it will allow duplicate CC through that may be attached to other lots. It never did that before it would ask if I wanted to overwrite it and and also warn me if I was trying to reinstall a lot I already had in game.

I went back to the info page and noticed it states needs .NET Framework 2.0 so I have searched for the correct version of that as @justpetro Mootilda's link to this NET Framework is dead and it has taken me ages to find a link that I think is the right Framework for my machine ( windows 7 64bit service pack 1) then tried to install it but keep getting an error stating you must use Turn Windows features on or off in the control panel to install or configure Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP1

I have gone into turn windows on/off control panel but I cannot see anything that may need turning on or off relating to the downloading 2.0 NETFramework and I don' want to start clicking things and mess anything up.

so I am stuck and wondering how to get framework downloaded so I can try the Clean Installer again so any advice on this matter will be gratefully received.

@justpetro and @alljoj do you both have NET Framework 2.0?

i have also just found an info page that says if you have windows 7 NET Framework 2.0 is already included so I am rather confused now.

I wonder if downloading Mootilda's no install version might work better if anyone has tried that? honestly just when I thought all the hag I experienced from this upgrade had been resolved something else raises its ugly head......
Mad Poster
#11 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 1:02 PM
To be honest, I cannot see it when I look at my apps quickly. I use Windows 10, though. And, @sparky1922, I think you have to download it from Microsoft first - there should probably be a newer one available by now. (I will go and investigate my pc to see if I can find it in the meantime, but since the Clean Installer seems to work fine for me, I guess I should have whatever is required).

Edit: Investigation done - I have it, but a later version (4.6.1 it seems).
Instructor
#12 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 1:45 PM
@justpetro

Thank you for checking

I have the same version of .NET Framework on my PC 4.6.1 which I believe is the most current however when looking at the info on the main Clean Installer site and Mootilda's both state .NET Framework 2.0 is required for the program to work properly and if my memory serves ( it might not -) before this upgrade I think I had the 2.0 version downloaded alongside the latest version of Framework and I wondered if this is why some of us are experiencing some problems.. but my PC will not allow me to download the 2.0 Framework without asking me to change something I know nothing about so I dare not try that..

Plus when I read on another website that windows 7 has the 2.0 version of Framework already installed that confused me because its nowhere to be found on my system unless its wrapped up in the latest version of Framework somehow..

I am also trying to understand why the program will allow me to keep installing the same lots and CC without stopping me or asking me what I want to do as it did before and I am not sure how else to use it as even if it was long winded but worked I would give it a go because I had just started to add back my lots to game when this all starting happening and I have too many to put back to allow that sort of duplication to occur so I really need to be able to use the clean installer. yet again my game play has been stopped until I can resolve this problem...
Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 2:16 PM
@sparky1922 -
Mootilda probably made that reference to the 2.0 when she originally made the Clean Installer (I am not even sure if she updated it herself to work with UC).
I honestly don't think that is your problem then, since the installer definitely works on my system (and probably has before on my Windows 7 too, since I do not fear updates) with the latest version.
Instructor
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 2:35 PM
Hi @justpetro

I found the following info and tried it but sadly it did not help my problem but I thought as @alljoj mentioned something about file paths it may be something that can be tried Clean Installer doesn't know about UC, so you have to tell it to install sims and lots in the Ultimate Collection folder.

You can do that for one file by:
Unticking "Default installation"
Opening the dropdown where it says Teleport or SavedSims
Clicking Browse
Selecting the Teleport or SavedSims folder in your Ultimate Collection folder

If you want Clean Installer to do this automatically every time:
Open the folder where you installed Clean Installer (usually, C:/Program Files (x86)/Sims2Pack Clean Installer)
Copy the file S2PCI.ini to your Desktop
Open it with Notepad
Change the line
SaveGamePath=""
to say
SaveGamePath="C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2â„¢ Ultimate Collection"*
Save and close Notepad
Copy the file back into your Clean Installer folder, say yes you want to replace.
*This assumes that you are using Windows 7 or 8. If you are using XP or older, you probably know what filepath you need to use.

also Clean Installer does download and work for me but it keeps allowing duplicate lots and CC to be installed and I was wondering if this was part of settings but I cannot find anything relating to this problem anywhere, can anyone currently using Clean Installer please let me know that their program actually informs them when trying to install a lot that is already installed and asks if the duplicate cc in the current download is to be overwritten

as its these two functions that are missing from my Clean Installer download not the installer itself.. if that makes sense..
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 2:54 PM
Thank you!

What was going on was it was saving to C:\Users\MarkPC\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 (tm) Ultimate Collection instead of C:\Users\Heather\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 (tm) Ultimate Collection.
Instructor
#16 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 3:05 PM Last edited by sparky1922 : 22nd Aug 2016 at 3:24 PM.
@alljoj

I am pleased I could help resolve your problem I am wondering if I have a similar problem so am going to check to file path you just outlined

If it was not for your problem I would not have resolved mine as I finally figured out what the correct file path for the initial install was by looking at yours even though I found the earlier info that helped you but could not really understand that
Mad Poster
#17 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sparky1922
Hi @justpetro

I found the following info and tried it but sadly it did not help my problem but I thought as @alljoj mentioned something about file paths it may be something that can be tried Clean Installer doesn't know about UC, so you have to tell it to install sims and lots in the Ultimate Collection folder.

You can do that for one file by:
Unticking "Default installation"
Opening the dropdown where it says Teleport or SavedSims
Clicking Browse
Selecting the Teleport or SavedSims folder in your Ultimate Collection folder

If you want Clean Installer to do this automatically every time:
Open the folder where you installed Clean Installer (usually, C:/Program Files (x86)/Sims2Pack Clean Installer)
Copy the file S2PCI.ini to your Desktop
Open it with Notepad
Change the line
SaveGamePath=""
to say
SaveGamePath="C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2â„¢ Ultimate Collection"*
Save and close Notepad
Copy the file back into your Clean Installer folder, say yes you want to replace.
*This assumes that you are using Windows 7 or 8. If you are using XP or older, you probably know what filepath you need to use.

also Clean Installer does download and work for me but it keeps allowing duplicate lots and CC to be installed and I was wondering if this was part of settings but I cannot find anything relating to this problem anywhere, can anyone currently using Clean Installer please let me know that their program actually informs them when trying to install a lot that is already installed and asks if the duplicate cc in the current download is to be overwritten

as its these two functions that are missing from my Clean Installer download not the installer itself.. if that makes sense..

That would be from the original sticky post when UC came out - I used it myself that way in the beginning (the Clean Installer update was done a bit later).
Mad Poster
#18 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 7:06 PM
@sparky1922 - Interesting. I think the Installer was updated a little while after the UC was released, though (I did, in the beginning, copied lots over from a teleport folder in a Sims 2 folder).

When I learned that it was updated, I simply uninstalled the old one and installed the new one. (I also upgraded my pc since then).

I am glad if your problem is solved.

I have never duplicated a lot, (I do not download that many) so I will have to try that and see if it tells me.
It does tell me if any cc files are already in my game, though! So despite not having done any of the above stuff, it seems to work fine on my system.
Instructor
#19 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
@sparky1922 - Interesting. I think the Installer was updated a little while after the UC was released, though (I did, in the beginning, copied lots over from a teleport folder in a Sims 2 folder).

When I learned that it was updated, I simply uninstalled the old one and installed the new one. (I also upgraded my pc since then).

I am glad if your problem is solved.

I have never duplicated a lot, (I do not download that many) so I will have to try that and see if it tells me.
It does tell me if any cc files are already in my game, though! So despite not having done any of the above stuff, it seems to work fine on my system.

I often duplicated things in the beginning not realizing I had already downloaded the same lot as it was all new to me but whenever I tried to install a lot that was already installed in game the cleaner installer let me know and also informed me to overwrite any CC I already had in game and that's what was missing when I installed the cleaner back this time.
When it was finally sorted out I tested and it was back to telling me all those things I had missed so that made me very happy. I am noticing that players can have all the same PC set up's and still have different problems its so weird. I have made an exact info sheet of what I have had to do to get my game back in case anything happens again lol
Mad Poster
#20 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 10:20 PM
Fact - systems do differ from each other. I hope you can now enjoy playing your game