Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buyable Aspiration & Career Rewards for Lot Builders

by Sophie-David Posted 14th Oct 2009 at 7:04 PM - Updated 8th Oct 2021 at 12:49 PM by HugeLunatic : fix install instructions

136 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Theorist
Original Poster
#76 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naniken42
I've been dabbling in the Sims 2 again since EA made the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection available. I'd like to get these back into my game, but the paths are a little different with U.C. than they were for the original installations. I know how to get to my Bin files, but into which one should I put the patch? And, since I have all the expasions/stuff packs, do I need to download the first patch AND the Pets and up patch?

If there is a basegame equivalent Bins folder included in the Ultimate Collection then these patches should go there. Otherwise put it in the M&G Bins folder. You should use the contents of SDpatchSims2_Rewards.zip and none other.

If you also wish to use a Collection file then the contents of SDcollectionPetsAndLater_Rewards.zip is the one to use with the Ultimate Collection.
Theorist
Original Poster
#77 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
Hi, I have been using this mod for years - very useful for speciality lots. I have all EPs and SPs installed except for M&G and Family Fun Stuff. However, today I had an issue trying to access the Surveillance reward. I have never tried to use it before.

I have all objects available in the expected places except the surveillance. The catalog is the only place the reward shows and it has a custom star, and I cannot pick it from the catalog or place it.

See picture:

Help appreciated.
Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David
I do remember something odd about the Surveillance reward but I will have check into it and get back to you, leefish. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Hi leefish - I configured your exact game configuration in AnyGame then downloaded and installed the contents of SDpatchSims2_Rewards.zip in the Basegame BINS folder. I was able to access and use the Surveillance reward from both Electronics/Misc and Hobby/Misc with no problem. The reward did not display a star, as designed (because it is in BINS).

Because your Surveillance reward shows a star but the rest of the Rewards objects do not, I suspect that there may be another patch (or object with a conflicting GUID) that is creating the star.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#78 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 4:22 PM
Hi, thank you for the quick reply. I had a look in my mods and indeed I was using this mod by cyjon. Once I removed his fix all worked as expected.

Thank you.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Theorist
Original Poster
#79 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 7:31 AM
Thanks for the update, leefish.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 10:25 PM
Wooow Nice Mod!
Theorist
Original Poster
#81 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 12:53 AM
Thank you, Lukinhas.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#82 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 12:07 AM
Thank's!
Theorist
Original Poster
#83 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 5:18 AM
You're welcome.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#84 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 7:55 PM
I think the base game equivalent for the UC is the double deluxe/base folder. Seems to be working there.
Theorist
Original Poster
#85 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 5:51 AM
Thanks veiledstar.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#86 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 9:04 AM
I have a question regarding this mod. If I use it to build a house that has one of these "unlocked" items and upload it to MTS, and my house gets uploaded by someone that doesn't have this mod installed, will the item(s) still show up on their game or will they need to install the mod as well?
Theorist
Original Poster
#87 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Minaki
I have a question regarding this mod. If I use it to build a house that has one of these "unlocked" items and upload it to MTS, and my house gets uploaded by someone that doesn't have this mod installed, will the item(s) still show up on their game or will they need to install the mod as well?
Lot downloaders do not need this set for the item to appear in their lots. Provided they don't delete the item they do no need this set.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#88 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 8:15 PM
Awesome. Thank you.
Theorist
Original Poster
#89 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 3:48 AM
You're welcome, Rusty.
Mad Poster
#90 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 10:19 PM
When you say deletion could possibly cause corruption, are you referring to deleting the objects from catalog with in-game delete button, or removing the file of this mod? I'd like to use it, but only temporarily. I don't see how removing the mod could cause corruption, but since you specifically say corruption I'm wondering if I missed something.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Theorist
Original Poster
#91 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
When you say deletion could possibly cause corruption, are you referring to deleting the objects from catalog with in-game delete button, or removing the file of this mod? I'd like to use it, but only temporarily. I don't see how removing the mod could cause corruption, but since you specifically say corruption I'm wondering if I missed something.
Any default replacement or patch file that is placed in BINS should only be deleted when the game is not running, using Windows Explorer or an equivalent. There should be no problem with deleting these files, provided this procedure is followed.

These downloads should not be deleted from the catalogue when the game is running because potentially that deletion could damage the EA game files.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 10:55 PM
Thanks
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#93 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 9:36 AM
Thanks! :D
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#94 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 4:47 PM
You're welcome.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David
Any default replacement or patch file that is placed in BINS should only be deleted when the game is not running, using Windows Explorer or an equivalent. There should be no problem with deleting these files, provided this procedure is followed.

These downloads should not be deleted from the catalogue when the game is running because potentially that deletion could damage the EA game files.

Just so I know for sure, you're saying that as long as no component of the game is currently running, I can go into the files and delete the mod file itself and be fine?
Theorist
Original Poster
#96 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampi
Just so I know for sure, you're saying that as long as no component of the game is currently running, I can go into the files and delete the mod file itself and be fine?
Yes, that is correct Vampi.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 1:13 AM
Thanks You
Mad Poster
#98 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 5:51 AM
I just installed this earlier today and managed to place a career reward pinball machine on a community lot and charisma podiums got place on my apartment lot before my family moved in.I might use this in building a community library lot for my sims.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#99 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 9:19 PM
Thank you! My architectural design college classes seemed strange without the drafting table.

I have a really stupid question, though.

As far as you know, are any of these items custom NPCs, or will deleting them off a lot cause problems (NOT from the bin while the game is running ... even I wouldn't do that!) ? I doubt Maxis made them this way, and I doubt you did, either. But something odd happened in my game.

I made a lot using all the items on it for my Sims to test. I then removed what I thought were all of them and bulldozed the lot. When I ran the hood through Hoodchecker, I got a bunch of odd bad Sim memory errors that I never saw in any HC log before. It might be another mod I was using, but it was definitely one of the two. I am just trying to eliminate the possibility that deleting items off the lot or bulldozing a lot with the items on it can cause problems, simply so I don't do it again in the future!
Theorist
Original Poster
#100 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Thank you! My architectural design college classes seemed strange without the drafting table.

I have a really stupid question, though.

As far as you know, are any of these items custom NPCs, or will deleting them off a lot cause problems (NOT from the bin while the game is running ... even I wouldn't do that!) ? I doubt Maxis made them this way, and I doubt you did, either. But something odd happened in my game.

I made a lot using all the items on it for my Sims to test. I then removed what I thought were all of them and bulldozed the lot. When I ran the hood through Hoodchecker, I got a bunch of odd bad Sim memory errors that I never saw in any HC log before. It might be another mod I was using, but it was definitely one of the two. I am just trying to eliminate the possibility that deleting items off the lot or bulldozing a lot with the items on it can cause problems, simply so I don't do it again in the future!
The set is extremely simple. For the majority of the objects I simply adjusted the catalogue entries in the Object Data (OBJD) resource to make the items buyable. This is much the same process as others have used to move items to different parts of the catalogue or to hide them. No new coding is involved, so it would be extremely unlikely that these objects could cause new problems in a neighbourhood.

In the case of the Journalism and Tiki Rewards I replicated the Init BHAV and added a line to the code to make the items height adjustable. Again, this is a very benign modification that I have tested extensively in many other projects and is even compatible with basegame (although for height adjustability to actually function, Apartment Life or M&G is required).

I am at loss to explain what could cause the Sim memory errors - I wouldn't have thought that deleting EA aspiration or career rewards would cause this, but I've been surprised before.
Page 4 of 6