Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 9:46 PM
So I tried this.

And I had success!

I had lost all my current CAW projects due to some data loss/corruption. So I really want to resurrect my "mud" world and finish it, since I had an exported file with about 80% done. [60% if you count prepopulation. ]

So I did all the steps in the original post and then the ones in sleepalldaypartyallnight's post, but it wouldn't save. Tried again, but this time before I saved as... I opened up EIG, saved there, went back to CAW and saved there. Worked!

YAY!

Seriously awesome. But user created worlds can now be edited.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Timor
Who ever manages to make France a playable neighborhood will have my eternal gratitude...:/

This is something I'm currently working on:-

I've got the world to work like as a Base World, it contains missing lots and invisible Sims, the invisible Sims is not really a problem, I was going to remove them anyway, otherwise you would get duplicates when you go on holiday. I'm currently rebuilding the world, using S3pe, I should have something downloadable soon I will probable edit the world to contain at least the basic rabbit holes and some of the Base world spawners.

Also what I hope to release also, is the file that makes a world a vacation world, thou this is far from being tested, but I hope to able to use that file to replace the premade vacation worlds.

I will not put my head on the chopping block and say this will all happen, but you can see by the photo, I've at least I've got a vacation world to act like a base world and I will just see how far I can take this.

A guide will follow, if I get it working 100%
Test Subject
#53 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 3:18 AM
I've been stripping down Egypt to make way for a newly made Strangetown, but I try to edit in game and it fails to save. I've already laid out so much of the road and lots I can't restart now. Any help?
Test Subject
#54 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 4:42 PM
Anyone have any luck with the blackness? I stripped Twinbrook down deleted all you could and still it was there. Well I didn't delete the roads just everything you could from the side bar.
Scholar
#55 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 8:47 PM
People talk about the blackness all over these boards. I get it now and then with my world, it's a graphics issue with big worlds, it doesn't affect gameplay, you just have to wait a minute and let the pc catch up. It's nothing to do with popluation, I've had this happen in a new, empty world.

Now I've tried this and when I try to open it in CAW it says it can't open it because it's corrupt, I've read through this thread and if anyone's mentioned it I'm missing it. Anyone got any idea what's wrong?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#56 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
Now I've tried this and when I try to open it in CAW it says it can't open it because it's corrupt, I've read through this thread and if anyone's mentioned it I'm missing it. Anyone got any idea what's wrong?

What exactly have you done? Did you import the resources into a blank world?

andinic28- are you still experiencing problems? If so, please post an image for us to see, if Fluttereye's suggestion doesn't work.
Test Subject
#57 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 7:04 PM
I've got this error in CAW when I import the China world saved in s3pe:

"sims 3 caw tool has crashed, attempted to read or write protected memory.this is often an indication that other memory is corrupt"

I've tried many time with China, France and Egypt but I have always the same error! This this doesn't occur with riverview lite..
Field Researcher
#58 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 7:06 AM Last edited by jcalispupo01 : 19th Nov 2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: new info
Default Cant import pre made world
Hi I followed the steps posted here but Im having problems. I created a large 300 flat map and saved, then open S3PE and open bridgeport.world. Selected all resources and exported them as files to a folder, then opened the empty world and imported all files there. But when I go to CAW and open the file, there's nothing, it's just the same empty world, no changes at all. Any help?

EDIT: I tried again and again and this time everything went ok but now when I try to open the newly created bridgeport in CAW it says the following: Unable to load file (location): could not load file (location).

Ive tried many times and I just cant get bridgeport to open in CAW. Any help would be very appreciated. thxs.
Test Subject
#59 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jcalispupo01
Hi I followed the steps posted here but Im having problems. I created a large 300 flat map and saved, then open S3PE and open bridgeport.world. Selected all resources and exported them as files to a folder, then opened the empty world and imported all files there. But when I go to CAW and open the file, there's nothing, it's just the same empty world, no changes at all. Any help?

EDIT: I tried again and again and this time everything went ok but now when I try to open the newly created bridgeport in CAW it says the following: Unable to load file (location): could not load file (location).

Ive tried many times and I just cant get bridgeport to open in CAW. Any help would be very appreciated. thxs.

i have this same ;/ i want to change bridgeport. Please help me

http://domi22domi.mybrute.com

Let's have some fun,
This beat is sick
I wanna take a ride on your disco stick
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#60 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 6:57 PM
jcalispupo01 and hrabia- This sounds as though you are having errors when importing- so the import is not complete, or corrupted in some way. Try importing a few at a time- perhaps 200 or so, to see if that works. I have an old computer and I always have to import in batches, or else the computer runs out of memory and imports things wrongly, so the world doesn't work.

NkM_21, could be that your PC is running out of memory when attempting to load the worlds. Are you using the latest version of CAW? If you are not sure, make sure your game is up to date and then uninstall CAW, redownload it and reinstall.
Instructor
#61 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 12:48 AM
how do you get vacation worlds to be playable? i was working on china but it wouldnt let me save unless it had a base camp

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#62 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 9:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by knightguy82
how do you get vacation worlds to be playable? i was working on china but it wouldnt let me save unless it had a base camp

You need to look for a resource that marks the world as a vacation world, and remove it. In France the resource is UNK 296A6258, I haven't looked to see if it is the same in China and Egypt but I'm assuming so. This information is from Stw402 in this thread.

You could also extract this resource and add it to another world to make a custom vacation world- you'd have to use it as a default replacement for one of the existing worlds, and I'm not sure how this would affect adventures, music, sounds effects etc., which are tuned to a particular locale.
Instructor
#63 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 2:33 PM
UNK 296A6258 isn't found in the china file

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#64 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by knightguy82
UNK 296A6258 isn't found in the china file

Thanks for volunteering to find the corresponding resource in China, I look forward to your results.
Instructor
#65 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 2:54 AM
uummm it appears i was wrong "UNK 296A6258" is in china i just re-exported the china world an found it tho oddly it wasn't in my old CAW world file that i could see

but i was looking into editing Barnacle Bay an i found the "UNK 296A6258" file too i thought it was only for vacation hoods?

an anyone have any clue where i can find the worlds .png images?

Mad Poster
#66 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 10:09 PM Last edited by werismyki : 27th Nov 2010 at 5:52 AM.
Ok, so I've tried:
  • created a flat world in CAW and saved
  • opened the world file in S3PE and imported from the France world and saved
  • opened the world file in CAW again, renamed, added description, and thumbnail, and saved
  • exported the world to sims3pack
  • installed the sims3pack with the launcher
  • started the game and the new game menu doesn't include the new world
  • I tried by opening the world file, from installed worlds, with S3PE and removing the UNKN 0x296A6258, saved and exited
  • started the game and the world shows up under the New Game menu, starts to load for a few seconds, then gives me the "A serious error has occurred, restart the application"

Am I doing something wrong here? Suggestions?

EDIT
Just for the record I checked and each of the worlds have this resource - UNKN 0x296A6258:
  • china, egypt, and france under world adventures
  • 3 different custom worlds I have
  • Bridgeport, Twinbrook, and Barnacle Bay
  • Sunset Valley Lite and Riverview Lite under CAW
The original Sunset Valley and Riverview dont have this resource.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#67 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 10:09 AM
Thankyou for the information, knightguy82 and werismyki, That's good to know that UNKN 0x296A6258 exists in other worlds. I would assume that it it similar to the resource that flags a world as a city or suburb- it is present in all worlds, but contains different information for France, China and Egypt to flag them as sub-worlds. Riverview and Sunset probably lack it because they were created pre-WA, so the absence of this resource would be the same as a no-flag- the game reads it as 'not a vacation world'.

I'm betting that if you import the china resource to a custom world you'd have the china sound effects, whereas Egypt and France would give you the effects for those worlds.

werismyki- try also deleting the sims (you could do this in Edit-in-game mode using Awesomemod- destroyallhumans) and also delete the WPID resource, as this gives each world an unique identity. If the game recognises this as being identical to one of the game worlds, it will not load.

For information, this is what Stw402 (Tamlo31 on this forum) wrote regarding getting France to work:

Quote:
you need to able to rebuild the world in CAW, remove the Sim and in the end crash CAW to get the save to work. When you have done all that, you can start to replace the lots and layers back into the secondary world file. Then you need to remove the layers from the overridden file. Then your good to go, just the small matter of making the world a base world.

More information here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ighlight=france

Edited to add- knightguy82, which images are you referring to?
Test Subject
#68 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 12:13 PM
I edited Bridgeport, but i coud NOT save it. Also, I have deleted all the Sims (in game edit).Because I read to do this.
Please help me ....
Test Subject
#69 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 12:24 PM
why could you not save it? was there an error? what was the error, if you did have one?
Test Subject
#70 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 1:09 PM Last edited by Simsi12 : 27th Nov 2010 at 8:43 PM.
An error. Because i didnt changed the description...
Now it works. I have exported the world, but while starting the world, it chrashes... D:
Ahhh!!
Instructor
#71 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 7:33 PM
simsample - I was referring to the thumbnail .png images that CAW requests

i thought they'd be in a world file but not that i can find them

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#72 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsi12
I edited Bridgeport, but i coud NOT save it. Also, I have deleted all the Sims (in game edit).Because I read to do this.
Please help me ....

How did you go about deleting the sims?

knightguy82- the PNG image should be in the TWNI resource.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 12:28 AM Last edited by werismyki : 28th Nov 2010 at 3:07 AM.
Well, I managed to finally get it done, Mission Accomplished!

For anyone interested, these are the steps I took to the best of my knowledge:
  1. Open CAW. Make a new world, large 300 flat map. Save it and close CAW.
  2. Open S3PE. Open the .world you just created then click on "Resource > Import > from Package (in this case, France, from Program Files\The Sims 3 World Adventures\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds\France.world ) then click on the "Import" button. When it asks "Auto-save current package after each package imported?" I clicked on "No". Wait, while it imports.
  3. When it's done importing, all duplicate original resources will have been marked as "Deleted". This is ok except for two instances: UNKN 0x296A6258 and WPID 0xF609FD60. The original resource will have a line through it and the imported one wont, you need to reverse this. Simply right click on each and select "Deleted". Once done with those, save and exit s3pe.
  4. opened the edited world file in CAW again (might take a minute or two), renamed, added description, and thumbnail. Then go into "Edit in Game" (this may take a minute or two). Once it has loaded, go into "Edit Town". Once in Edit Town there are three things you need to do: Demolish the Base Camp lot, convert a few residential lots, and delete all sims.
    • get the bulldozer and demolish the base camp lot
    • You will notice that some houses have the "empty lot" icon, you need to change these to residential lots
    • for each house that has sims, evict them to the clipboard
    Once you are done click on the "Return to Game" and "Just Continue". Click on "Quit" when it asks if you want to save, click yes. (this may take a few minutes to save and the screen will blink several times)
  5. Once the "Edit in Game" save is done and you are back in CAW, go to "File" and "Save" to save your world. Once saved, go to "File" then "Select World to Export" choose your world. Should only take a few seconds for the file to export and you should get a message that it was a success or not. If success, then exit CAW.
  6. Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Exports folder and move or copy your world sims3pack to the Downloads folder.
  7. Open the launcher and install the world, once installed close the launcher.
  8. Start the game and look for you new world under the New Game List
Test Subject
#74 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by werismyki
Well, I managed to finally get it done, Mission Accomplished!

For anyone interested, these are the steps I took to the best of my knowledge:
  1. Open CAW. Make a new world, large 300 flat map. Save it and close CAW.
  2. Open S3PE. Open the .world you just created then click on "Resource > Import > from Package (in this case, France, from Program Files\The Sims 3 World Adventures\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds\France.world ) then click on the "Import" button. When it asks "Auto-save current package after each package imported?" I clicked on "No". Wait, while it imports.
  3. When it's done importing, all duplicate original resources will have been marked as "Deleted". This is ok except for two instances: UNKN 0x296A6258 and WPID 0xF609FD60. The original resource will have a line through it and the imported one wont, you need to reverse this. Simply right click on each and select "Deleted". Once done with those, save and exit s3pe.
  4. opened the edited world file in CAW again (might take a minute or two), renamed, added description, and thumbnail. Then go into "Edit in Game" (this may take a minute or two). Once it has loaded, go into "Edit Town". Once in Edit Town there are three things you need to do: Demolish the Base Camp lot, convert a few residential lots, and delete all sims.
    • get the bulldozer and demolish the base camp lot
    • You will notice that some houses have the "empty lot" icon, you need to change these to residential lots
    • for each house that has sims, evict them to the clipboard
    Once you are done click on the "Return to Game" and "Just Continue". Click on "Quit" when it asks if you want to save, click yes. (this may take a few minutes to save and the screen will blink several times)
  5. Once the "Edit in Game" save is done and you are back in CAW, go to "File" and "Save" to save your world. Once saved, go to "File" then "Select World to Export" choose your world. Should only take a few seconds for the file to export and you should get a message that it was a success or not. If success, then exit CAW.
  6. Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Exports folder and move or copy your world sims3pack to the Downloads folder.
  7. Open the launcher and install the world, once installed close the launcher.
  8. Start the game and look for you new world under the New Game List

I ve done it like you. The World is under the New Game list. But when starting it, it load 2 minutes then it chrashes back to Desktop.

Simsample
I have edited bridgeport, but i could NOT save it. ( Error: couldnt write on memorry)
So i searched how you can save it. Somewhere i ve read that you must delete the population. Now i can save my world.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#75 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 8:45 AM
Simsi12- I found that deleting sims through the clipboard as you and werismyki have done in EIG is not always effective. The best surefire way of doing this I've found is with Awesomemod 'destroyallhumans' in EIG.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has any ideas.
Locked thread
Page 3 of 12