Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 8:25 PM Last edited by Delphy : 26th Jan 2005 at 8:28 PM.
Default Site Downtime
Hi All,

Apologies for the downtime today (26th January) - the site was down for some 6 hours while the hosting company worked to fix it. I believe at this point in time that the problem was caused by either a strange database fault or a hardware problem. I haven't had confirmation yet as to the exact cause.

Luckily it doesn't look like we lost anything database wise except perhaps a couple of hours or less.

Apologies to everybody for the un-scheduled downtime.

Regards
Delphy
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 8:28 PM
i don't minde (was it to dow with windows?) windows is a pain in the ass . it doesn't work at all !
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 6:29 PM
Not at all - we run on Linux not Windows
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 6:32 PM
The downtime made me feel guilty about forgetting to donate, that's for sure. I'm glad you didn't run out of bandwidth, it's so expensive when it goes over... like going over your minutes on a cell phone.
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 7:18 PM
I was kinda worried kinda ask around TSR they were helpfull enough they locked the thread though
Field Researcher
#6 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 7:27 PM
Some features such as checking for new posts don't seem to be back working yet. It keeps telling me I can only do a search once every 5 seconds when I hadn't done a search yet. I'm sure things will be back and running normal soon though.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 7:31 PM
Delphy:
There is still some problems.....above the "Chatbox": the "New Threads" & the "New Posts" aren't working and neither is the "Search for new Items".

...but still glad to see you up and running again. :D

Its fun to be a Sadist.
*The Pain & Pleasure Principle*

Save the world and drown a politican today!

El diablo sabe mas por viejo que por diablo!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 7:32 PM
Phew, I was wondering what happened to my favorite site
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 9:53 AM
Is everything working for everybody?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 1:41 PM
Everything is fine in this side of the world, Delphy!
And BTW...thank you for everything you do!