Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#151 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 6:49 PM
Can someone please send me the copy of FullBuild0.package file, because i deleted it?T.T
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#152 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 7:22 PM
Test Subject
#153 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 7:28 PM
whenever i try to open the am_body_4_whatever it says "invalid character sequence at 17 in C:/Users/(name)/ ect." what the hell does that mean?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#154 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by allialligator97
whenever i try to open the am_body_4_whatever it says "invalid character sequence at 17 in C:/Users/(name)/ ect." what the hell does that mean?
Could you be a little bit more specific? I've got no idea what exactly you're trying to open and no idea what you're tryin to open it with.
Test Subject
#155 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
Could you be a little bit more specific? I've got no idea what exactly you're trying to open and no idea what you're tryin to open it with.
i have the Smooth Jazz animation editor and right after i convert the CLIP to SMD and im supposed to open the am_body_4_anim.ms3d rig with the editor that note comes up. (NOTE: invalid character sequence at 17 in C:/Users/(name)/.....)
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#156 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 12:23 AM
Smooth Jazz is not an animation editor, it's an animation script editor. You cannot use it to make actual animations, it is used to write scripts to control animations. You need Milkshape to open the am_body_4_anim.ms3d file.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#157 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 12:25 AM
ok im new to this sorta thing so you know its confusing
Alchemist
Original Poster
#158 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 2:09 AM
Please try actually following the instructions in the tutorial before asking questions in the tutorial thread...it will help make things a lot less confusing for everyone
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 9:53 PM
really thanks to orangemittens and all other who place their efforts in creation custom poses for the sims 3. I've some nice sims2 poses, and I would like to convert them into sims3. I read that electrodj has the same wish. I understood all steps to create a sims3pose, but my "dummy" question is: there is a way starting only from .5an resources extracted from sims2 packages, to use them in Milkshape and start a sims3 pose? I know that probably there are a lot of adjustment to do, and probably is faster start from zero... but perhaps someone has already tried...

@@ CriCri @@
Webmistress of:
http://www.sims3cri.com - http://www.sims2cri.com - http://finds.sims2cri.com

If you like my downloads please click on Thanks button!

Sims2Cri and Sims3Cri are searching new staff members!
Alchemist
#160 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 2:02 AM
They call that animation retargeting. The main tool used for that is MotionBuilder, although the latest release of Maya (2012) has it, too. Mainly, these resources are priced out of the range of hobbyists, and require a lot of skill development to use. Not to mention issues with moving game assets back and forth.

The root of the problem is that the skeletons are different between the games. Not just the names of the joints, but the beginning pose position is different (particularly the arms). Animations are essentially calculations of the angles to rotate the joints relative to the original position, so adjustments have to be made to each rotation on each frame to fit the motions onto the new skeleton.

Long ago, in a galaxy far away, I wrote a set of MilkShape plug-ins that dumped and loaded animation data in an editable (text file) format. By renaming the joints in one of the files, I could transfer data from some of the motion capture files to a Sims 2 skeleton. But they still needed some tweaking, because the beginning positions were not the same. I dropped that as a useful idea, although the plug-ins are uploaded at the chumbalum site, attached to a years old post in the announcements forum, in case anyone wants to revive it.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#161 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 2:42 AM
Thank you for explaining this Wes I had wondered if the different bind poses the games use would be an issue with this kind of conversion. From what you've said it seems that it is.

sims2cri, if you wanted to duplicate your old poses exactly, you might save the S2 pose as an obj and bring that in to use as the template for your new S3 pose. That might be easier than trying to make the new pose just from looking at the old one in a picture.
Test Subject
#162 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 4:52 AM
Default Thanks a lot, Orangemittens!
Because of your nice tutorial, I could make some poses about cigarette by my friend's request. (Actually I'm not a smoker and I rather hate smoking.. but I love these poses anyway! :-0)

Although I'm a Korean and having some problems in reading it with my poor English, your tutorial was so easy to understand.
However, I don't know why my another new poses which I created yesterday aren't recognized in the game since yesterday. Well, I hope I can manage the problem by any means but I I'm afraid there were no specific changes on the procedures of making poses so it's very difficult for me to figure out the reason.
It would be very nice if someone kindly let me know the reason and method to fix the problem if he/she had same or similar experience as mine. Thank you very much in advance.
And thank you again for your kind & helpful tutorial, Orangemittens! Have a good day!
(please kindly understand my poor English!)
Screenshots
Alchemist
Original Poster
#163 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 5:17 AM
naho1712 , please don't worry about the English

Have you been able to get a pose into the game?
Test Subject
#164 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 5:36 AM Last edited by hannahjo1 : 18th Apr 2011 at 5:50 AM.
I have made a few poses and some of them I've made and I have her laying down when I go to the game she is upside down or on the side instead of on the floor any advice for this?

Im using milkshape.
Test Subject
#165 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 5:39 AM
Dear Orangemittens, Thanks a lot for your reply! As you could see on those screen shots, they worked very nicely and perfectly. But since yesterday, new poses started to fail to be recognized in the game. I didn't have any problem in making poses with Milkshape and just followed the steps you tought me through the tutorial without any error message. But, in the game, those new poses didn't work suddenly. I don't know why. Only reason I can guess is that I installed TSR workshop program that day in order to edit some objects. Actually I'm a beginner of Milkshape and it was almost my first time to use Milkshape to make the poses in the screen shots.
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 7:17 AM
Thank you Wes and thank you Orangemittens . I suppose so but I tried to ask to more expert people . I think the faster way is the orangemittens one.

ps. I found your tool for sims2 anim yesterday before post Wes (your tools are always useful) .

@@ CriCri @@
Webmistress of:
http://www.sims3cri.com - http://www.sims2cri.com - http://finds.sims2cri.com

If you like my downloads please click on Thanks button!

Sims2Cri and Sims3Cri are searching new staff members!
Test Subject
#167 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 12:12 PM
Orangemittens, thank you so much! I love this tutor

I'd like to translate it for Russian users, can I? do you mind?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#168 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 12:55 PM
Naho, sorry I misunderstood you...I see your pose pictures and I understand what you're saying now. What happens when you try your new poses in the game? Do the old ones still work? Are you trying to use tsr workshop to make the poses, edit the poses, or change the pose player?

Hannah, have you been able to get any pose into the game successfully or are they all coming in with an incorrect position?

Alice of course you can translate the tutorial for Russian users If you do so it would be nice if you sent it to me so I can post it here too.
Test Subject
#169 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 1:10 PM
Naho, sorry I misunderstood you...I see your pose pictures and I understand what you're saying now. What happens when you try your new poses in the game? Do the old ones still work? Are you trying to use tsr workshop to make the poses, edit the poses, or change the pose player?

Hannah, have you been able to get any pose into the game successfully or are they all coming in with an incorrect position?

Alice of course you can translate the tutorial for Russian users If you do so it would be nice if you sent it to me so I can post it here too.

Thanks a lot for your reply, Orangemittens. Yes, the old poses still work well. The problem happened only to my new poses that I created since yesterday after using the program - tsr workshop. I didn't edit any pose with that, but just editted one object- lighting-. Anyway I eventually reinstalled all those programs such as Milkshape, S3PE and etc. after deleting them, however the problem still remains....
Also, I editted one of old poses(which was still working) with the Milkshape and saved it to overwrite the same file name, and then tried it in the game but it didn't work as well. I hope you know what I meant and hopefully figure out the reason. Thanks a lot! :-)
Meanwhile, I'm trying to solve the problem and get back to you if I make it. Thank you so much!!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#170 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 1:42 PM Last edited by orangemittens : 18th Apr 2011 at 1:54 PM.
Naho, I can't tell from your description exactly what the problem is or why it's happening.

I doubt tsrw is the source of the problem if you haven't used it to make the poses with. My suggestion is to make a brand new pose while following the tutorial instructions as you did the first times when you were making poses that work. Somehow, with the new poses, you've changed the method you're using to make them and this is causing them to not work. While making poses is pretty easy, it has to be done the exact right way or else they aren't going to work right.

ETA: I'm wondering if maybe you're forgetting to set the keyframe on your new poses in Milkshape. This could cause the issue you're describing.
Test Subject
#171 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 1:56 PM
Naho, I can't tell from your description exactly what the problem is or why it's happening.

I doubt tsrw is the source of the problem if you haven't used it to make the poses with. My suggestion is to make a brand new pose while following the tutorial instructions as you did the first times when you were making poses that work. Somehow, with the new poses, you've changed the method you're using to make them and this is causing them to not work. While making poses is pretty easy, it has to be done the exact right way or else they aren't going to work right.

Well, as far as I know, there wasn't any change on the procedures to make poses yesterday but I suppose there might be any if the poses didn't work.. right? :-) So, I'm trying to focus on each and every step while I make new-test-pose again and hopefully figure out the reason in the meantime.
I will do my best and be back with new nice poses again..!
Thanks anyway for your kind reply! :-)
Test Subject
#172 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 3:00 PM

Thank you, orangemittens, again

ok I'll send you then the translated text)
Test Subject
#173 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 11:16 PM

Thanks Orangemittens. I have gotten at least a few to come in game correctly placed. I don't get how one turned upside down and the other one on her belly was on the wall I still am not quite sure. Do u think I'm moving the body wrong when moving it down to the ground, I don't know why it would effect it so much though. I used the ROOT_ one then used move to move her closer to the ground or couch height.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#174 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hannahjo1
Thanks Orangemittens. I have gotten at least a few to come in game correctly placed. I don't get how one turned upside down and the other one on her belly was on the wall I still am not quite sure. Do u think I'm moving the body wrong when moving it down to the ground, I don't know why it would effect it so much though. I used the ROOT_ one then used move to move her closer to the ground or couch height.
I've used b_ROOT_ joint and not had issues with it. I've never used the other one...the b_ROOT_bind. Which one did you use?
Scholar
#175 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 1:03 AM
I've used b_ROOT_bind and it works, too. Just so you know...
Page 7 of 58