Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 1:14 AM
Default Farmhouse
Hi, uh. This is the first house I've built in this particular style, and I've never shown anyone anything I've built, so yeah. I built it based on this house, kinda. Except no shutters because the only shuttered windows I have are the ones from WA and they aren't the right size :u So uh. Here.

Here's the front of the house. I'm wondering if I should make the garage panelling match the house, or just leave it kinda barn looking. I'm not sure.

Top down views of the interior.

Aha, the worst part of the entire house. The back there (kitchen and bathroom) are supposed to look like an addition, but I still want the roof to meet properly, and the only way I can think of fixing it is making it bigger.

Beforementioned back kitchen/bathroom. I'm planning to get rid of the overlay on the cabinets/countertop with SOMPA, but I've just not gotten there yet.

The living room. The only thing you can't see in there is the TV, which is the old-style one from Generations.

A bedroom for two girls, but could be recolored. That's just what the family I made the house for has.

Nursery! Ignore the stuff in the kids room, haha.

Master bedroom + bath. The only way into the nursery is through the bathroom, and the only way into the bathroom is through the bedroom. I want to put a door to get into the bathroom but that would require having a shower instead of a tub and that kinda ruins the old-timey feel, I guess.

And the garage. That's all!

I just kinda want some feedback on the roof thing in the back and if I should make Generations optional or needed for the house, because the TV and radio as well as the swings and quite a bit of decor require it. It'll for sure require Pets, Showtime, and Supernatural, though. (Columns and bathroom are from Pets, as well as a fireplace in the dining room ((forgot pictures oops)), windows are all from Showtime, and the appliances and some furniture are from Supernatural)

So that's it! I have some other houses I might ask for feedback on, but they're not too good. I'm confident with this one. :P
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 1:24 AM
well great job!! nice working on that. Just perfect for beginner's family

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 1:31 AM
Thank you! uwu
Scholar
#4 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 1:56 PM
It looks good. The only thing I would suggest is that you set the staircase against one of the walls so that it doesn't eat up so much space unnecessarily. I'd also swap the kitchen and bathroom sinks around as I don't think the freestanding sink looks right being in a kitchen.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 4:11 PM
looks definetly cozy and comfy!
i am only concerned that the kitchen could be too small - especially for a family (seeing the double beds and the bunk beds for children and a crib for a toddler). since sims tend to stick together you can easily run into routing problems in the kitchen. one space tile between the appliances isnt much space for such a frequently used room. if you are willing to rearrange the floorplan i would also recommend to put the kitchen and the dining room closer together. that saves a lot of time and sims time runs fast ;-)
but apart from that really awesome and cozy/comfy interiour. very ranchy

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 4:37 PM
Fergus' Mind: I wanted to do that, but I wasn't doing anything with that area other than putting stairs there. I'll mess with it and see how it looks. I'll try one of the countertop sinks (I did fix the cabinets/counters with SOMPA last night and recolored them - I'll take pictures later) and see how I like that. Thank you!

shomovese: Thank you! I think I'll just pull the back out a tile or two (it might fix that roof problem that's bugging me too) and rearrange.
Scholar
#7 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 6:56 PM
What you could do is take out the upstairs bathroom and flip the staircase round so that it comes down to the tile next to the front door, the put then kitchen next to the dinning room in the area where the staircase used to be and a full-sized family bathroom above, also where the staircase used to be.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 9:58 PM
^ I'll try that! It makes a lot more sense.