Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 7:36 PM
Default Did you know?
Did you know in gimp, you can make multiple selections?

I learned how to do this today.

you make your selection, then to make a separate selection without loosing your other selection hold shift key down while you select.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 7:51 PM
Well... I learned that the first time I used it, like 3 years ago
But is ok, there's a lot of things left to learn! And I discover something every time I use it.
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 7:29 PM
Here's a tutorial for making transparent backgrounds in gimp. I found this very useful.

Also to make just a part of the image transparent, you can select it and hit delete on your keyboard. But don't save as .jpg, becuase that can't support transparency, save as .png, or .tga instead.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 2:03 AM
Whoa! Thanks Jon! This will be very helpful ^-^
I didn't think you could multi-select.
*hugs Jon* I haven't talked to you in awhile.

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Scholar
#5 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
Here's a tutorial for making transparent backgrounds in gimp. I found this very useful.

Also to make just a part of the image transparent, you can select it and hit delete on your keyboard. But don't save as .jpg, becuase that can't support transparency, save as .png, or .tga instead.

There is an easier, much simpler way to create a transparent background in the Gimp than the tutorial shows. Open the gimp and then open your image. Click on layers-transparency-add alpha channel. Now all you have to do is is take your wand and select the section(s) that you want to be transparent and click edit and then cut. There ya go short and simple.

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 7:44 PM
I learned that I could make my own screen tone patterns, here! They are made from the MS paint ones.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  patterns.zip (9.5 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content

Where does the pain come?
Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Banned
#7 Old 10th May 2010 at 11:52 AM
you can also delete parts of you selection with CTRL pressed down, i found this out at the same moment i found out adding a selection.