Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 8:31 PM
Default Elevator Amnesia
Has anyone ever investigated, questioned, or hacked the elevator amnesia problem? An example is a two-storey house. Kitchen is on the ground, and bedroom is on the second floor. A sim is ready to sleep. So, I tell her to go to bed. She must transit the elevator to do that. She enters the elevator, but when she reaches the second floor - she forgets to go to bed.
This hasn't broken my game, because i play without elevators or just wait till the sims get upstairs, but it does affect their free-will choices too. It's not a bug I need to fix right now. I want to see if anyone else has thought about it.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 11:00 PM
I've had that problem too specifically with the "go-to-bed" thought bubble from transitioning one floor to another. They reach their bed, then the thought disappears, making them go to the next available bed (if more are empty). I don't know why it happens, though, I'd certainly like to know too.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 11:07 PM
Isn't it just a matter of the action taking so long that it drops out of the queue? When there's something like that going on, I put the action I want in there twice, so when the first one decays the second one is still there.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 11:11 PM
I find with my hostel which is my only building I use a lift often in that the sim always goes to their bed and stops. If it was an action queue thing wouldn't it drop before they reach their bed? It's hugely annoying whatever it is.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 6:56 AM
Maybe Pescado's Manual Navigation would help? From the rtfm:

Navigation Orders (Go/Run/Skip Here) will no longer be erased from the queue
if you queue another order after it: Sims will now travel to their destinations
by the route and means of your choosing if you plot their route for them!

I don't know if it works with elevators, but it's a fabulous hack anyway.
Theorist
#6 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 10:24 AM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 10:58 AM
Never heard of that one Darby! I'm going to check it out.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 5:23 PM
Not sure about Manual Navigstion, though queing twice may work. User selects "go to bed" and bed icon appears. Game plots the route. route includes elevator. Sim makes it through elevator, and appears on landing. At this point, the game erases orders in the que. Sim may or may not arrive at bed and fails to get in it anyway. Queing twice may look the same as this. User clicks "elevator" go to this floor or some thing in the menu. Then user selects 'go to bed" which should preserve it after the elevator..

I simply don't use elevators. Eh, good to see you have thought about it. There are others who see this problem.