Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 2:00 AM
Default Career + business on the same Sim?
I'm almost exclusively a TS3 player, although I do turn on TS2 every once in a while. That said, I just came up with an idea for a TS2 Sim: a criminal that owns a legal business both as a front and as a headquarters for his criminal operations. That is why I am posting this question: I want to know if a single TS2 Sim can have both a career (in the case of this Sim, the Criminal career) and an owned business. I know that is a legal move in TS3 but I'm not sure about TS2.

Thanks!

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 2:03 AM
Yes, you can own multiple businesses and also have a career. However, it should be noted that employees can not WORK at your sims business and maintain a career, because they will work 9-5 at your job every day. So if you want employees, best to make sure they will not be in any other business.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 2:13 AM
Thanks!

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 3:48 AM
You could do it, but it would be a bit of work. Perhaps your criminal would want to take some time off from his career to establish a business? Once it's up and running and he's trained one of his employees in a few of the different aspects of the business (sales, register, stocking, etc...), he can promote the employee to manager and run the business remotely with a phone call. Even the calls take time, however.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 4:38 AM
I've done this many times. It's a little bit hard with community lot time (a mod I use which makes time pass on the home lot) but in normal play no time passes on the home lot while you are at your business. So if he leaves for his business at 8am Monday he will return at the same time.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 2:04 PM
I don't think I've ever had a Sim that did not have a career while running a business. I have not run that many, but it's really not hard. With community lot time it would definitely be trickier, and I guess it also depends on if one wants to rank up the business, and if so how easily that specific business gains stars.
Alchemist
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 10:30 PM
Perfect for a Nancy Botwin sim!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 2:03 AM
Just wanted to say this sort of thing makes a lot of sense as Sims advance in their careers. They both earn enough money to start a business and also start getting more days off in a row so they can run it.