Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 5:43 AM
Default Need help so i can do this
I left auto smooth on. I need to do this to my nightshirt mesh to fix it.

How do you do this? I have been looking but can not find a answer. Thank you for you help

select all of your mesh *except* the top row of vertices in the neck, the bottom row of vertices in the ankles, and the row of vertices at the bottom of the skirt.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 12:48 PM
Do you mean how do you select the vertices?? Where are you having a problem?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 1:17 PM
Default Need help so i can do this. I think I paniced when i read the instructions
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Do you mean how do you select the vertices?? Where are you having a problem?

Thanks for your reply

My mind stopped working
What I have done is hidden the 3 sections. Then used align normals, Unhide everything. Then did the next part. Are going to get it checked to see if I done it right.

This is what I had to do
- Open Milkshape and turn off Autosmooth!
- Import your mesh and any EA toddler mesh
- Hide the EA mesh, and select all of your mesh *except* the top row of vertices in the neck, the bottom row of vertices in the ankles, and the row of vertices at the bottom of the skirt.
- Open the Vertex menu and click Align Normals. Most of the seams should be gone now, especially on the hands.
- Make sure that in the Groups tab, the EA mesh is above your mesh in the list, and unhide the EA mesh
- Select one of the seamy vertices - say, on the left side of the neck. You should end up with that vertex selected on both your mesh and the EA mesh.
- Open the Vertex menu and click Sims 2 UniMesh Normal Data Merge
- That vertex should no longer be seamy. Repeat for the other seamy vertices.