Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#276 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 11:16 PM
I just tried Oahu's beta version and it's simply stunning. Sadly, it's almost unplayable. There's so many LN buildings, trees, and large stuff that it becomes unplayable. :[
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#277 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 12:45 AM
Since I started playing The Sims 3 again earlier this month, I've been using Bridgeport. Unfortunately, my second generation of sims hadn't even married or had children when I ran out of space. Frustrated, I started hunting for a world with specific criteria; it had to be big, it had to be mostly suburbs, and it couldn't have too many apartment buildings. Yesterday, I found Plum Grove on Mysimrealty, and it looked perfect. So, I loaded it into my game, and moved my three favorite families from Bridgeport to Plum Grove. I've been playing for a while now, and I am very impressed! It is filled with plenty of houses, though most of them are a bit small, and the town center area is wonderful. If you're looking for a suburban world for your sims to live in, look no further.

*Signature Under Construction*
Eminence Grise
#278 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coffeebreak
I'm tempted to take a crack at caw, but understanding it looks pretty time-intensive.

Understanding it is not that hard, actually. Just four or five tools to master: terrain, terrain paint, roads, lots, and decorations. And none of them is that complex.

It's actually making the darned world that is incredibly time-intensive

I have started more than one, but just don't have the stamina to pull through to the end :/ I am full of admiration for all the people who do! *bows* I'm really impressed that we have the quantity and quality of custom worlds that we do. When I first fully understood how much effort is entailed in even a small world if you care about quality, I figured that we'd see a lot of bad worlds but vanishingly few good ones. Glad to be wrong about that!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#279 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 4:02 AM Last edited by Arisuka : 28th Aug 2011 at 8:00 AM.
Full-heartedly agreed with Srikandi. I have been planning my perfect world since the release of TS3... I didn't get a place in collage this year, so I have dedicated this year for building my dream world. That sentence alone should describe how time consuming it is to create a imaginative, interesting and detailed world. : P Here's some pics from now (taken in CAW, hence the colorful lines), going on the 5th month of creating all night and day...and at the moment, about 70% done. I could cry out of happiness, it's finally coming together.
Edit: for those who were interested, once the world is finished I'll upload it to this site.

Forum Resident
#280 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 5:54 AM
Looking good there, Arisuka! I had one I stared, but I'm just no good at terrain painting, and a whole lot of other things, so my world sits unfinished. Do you plan on sharing when you get done with it?
Mad Poster
#281 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 6:36 AM
Arisuka: Your world is really looking good.
Lab Assistant
#282 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 7:45 AM
That is one amazing world, Arisuka!

*Signature Under Construction*
Forum Resident
#283 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 9:43 AM
I saw this world in the forum, it's called Simnium Arx, it's not done yet but from the posted pic, the landscape looks amazing, and I believe it's going to be one of the most beautiful worlds out there when it's released, please go to the world thread to shout out for this gifted creator:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/369927.page

Test Subject
#284 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 12:19 PM
Does anybody know where can I find some fine mountain world? You know, something similar to Three Lakes from TS2 or something like Hidden Springs but nicer?
Mad Poster
#285 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 3:22 PM
I don't know one right now, but I am waiting on Johnnywr's Great Bear. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/423977.page
I love his other worlds, mainly he uses no CC (sometimes he uses store items) and build some amazing community lots.

If you have an account at the official forums, there are worlds listed as work in progress (WIP), beta testing, released. I think they have been also categorized as base game also. Most have been released on the exchange, a few on third party hosting sites.
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/372366.page

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#286 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 11:25 AM
Arisuka, that looks amazing! I love the dull atmosphere, the dark grass, the pine forests... your world is sorta unique, I'm looking forward to downloading it for my game.
Lab Assistant
#287 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 9:47 AM
I found this world at EA forums - not sure if it's already mentioned here:

Grey Meadow

I've only just downloaded it, but the atmosphere and landscaping look fabulous. The world really has this deteriorated and creepy feel, lots of beautiful and spooky old Victorians and industrial brickwork.

Seems perfect for a player like myself who enjoys dark and faded enviroments!
Scholar
#288 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Exx
Does anybody know where can I find some fine mountain world? You know, something similar to Three Lakes from TS2 or something like Hidden Springs but nicer?

Oeurbacker's Seacrest County looks very promising so far...
Mad Poster
#289 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 5:38 PM
Wow, thanks for that heads up, Jasumi. I can,t wait to see the final product. The lots are so delicious!

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#290 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 5:20 PM
I've downloaded Anne Arbor from My Sim Reality recently. The world is nice, it has beautiful landscape and layout, and enough place for ail types of housing - from farmhouses to skyscrapers.
Forum Resident
#291 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 5:37 PM
I'm currently playing Anne Arbor - really enjoying it! But I need to make some redneck/chav scum to live in the swamp areas. It's really hard to do!

Looking at the pictures of Great Bear sends shivers down my spine.. I'm literally in awe.

Go suck an elf...
Alchemist
#292 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 1:50 AM
This is a sweet world I'm playing right now, made by Conorsim. It's made with just Generations, so it's unique in that respect:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/402993.page
Scholar
#293 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 1:54 AM
^^ Oh, that looks so cool! I want to make a family just for this world now And I love that it's Gen only. I'll add a few Ambitions stuff so all careers are available, but still!
Lab Assistant
#294 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 7:10 PM
I am currently playing in a few worlds now, but my main original Sims 3 family is in Riverview, I made some updates to it with the LN clubs and Generations park. However I also downloaded Los Aniegos and like what others have said I think it's great!
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this one, I didn't see it when I was looking through this thread but Bear Mountain Creations made a remake of TS2 Veronaville. I think it's fabulous! Veronaville is where I had my original sims family ever (I only started playing with TS2), so it was so nice to be able to have it for TS3!
Mad Poster
#295 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasumi
Oeurbacker's Seacrest County looks very promising so far...

There is a test version on the official forum, page 21, middle of the page.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...315032.page#top

Forum Resident
#296 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 3:09 AM
Shivar's CAS world. Its really convenient for making my sims for upload.

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Instructor
#297 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 6:36 PM
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/379560.page
Fortress Rock seems really nice, although I don't really like using WIP worlds. Also, it looks like Neverglade, which I wanted to download, is not going to be updated ever again.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Field Researcher
#298 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 4:41 AM
Ok, I've been playing "Glendalough" by NeuroticRobotic over at Garden of Shadows, and I'm in love! :lovestruc It's retro, creepy, grey, and at the same time very geeky with its references to Dr. Who, Lovecraft, etc.! AND it doesn't lag my computer the way unlike other custom worlds I've tried, and it's extremely playable!

Here's the link: http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...p?topic=23920.0
Field Researcher
#299 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FridaKahlo
Ok, I've been playing "Glendalough" by NeuroticRobotic over at Garden of Shadows, and I'm in love! :lovestruc It's retro, creepy, grey, and at the same time very geeky with its references to Dr. Who, Lovecraft, etc.! AND it doesn't lag my computer the way unlike other custom worlds I've tried, and it's extremely playable!

I quite agree with FridaKahlo! Glendalough is an incredible world! According to its creator, the world is built on a large-sized map, but the playable area is equivalent to a medium-sized world. I highly recommend you give Glendalough a try!

I would also like to thank you all for the many recommendations for custom worlds. I've downloaded a few to try out. Thanks again!!
Test Subject
#300 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 12:19 AM
At the moment I'm loving Forever the 50's
It's a small community but populated with plenty of interesting characters including Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, The Fonz. It's a great layout, The houses are lovely, it has plenty of late night bars whilst still keeping to the small town feel and it has room to place the large lots that came with pets. Perfect for me :D
Page 12 of 42