Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:04 AM
Default What are your beliefs?
So, I was thinking and I figured (as PixCii said in another thread) we could use a lot more Discussion Topics and I felt maybe we could discuss our beliefs. Now, just know that I don't intend on this thread turning into some big Debate about the Creation of God nor the Big Bang Theory. When posting in this thread, accept the fact that we are all different and we come from different backgrounds and we all have different beliefs. We are INDIVIDUALS and as individuals we are free to believe what we want to believe, and respect that, that doesn't mean you're not free to make your own opinion, so long as you don't degrade someone's belief in the process. Just because I created this Group doesn't necessarily mean its mine, its all of ours. Technically I created this group, but really we all created it because without members what would it be? That being said, I feel like having the power to ban someone from a group is uncalled for which is why I've never done so, the only reason I would ban someone is for some serious flaming or Trolling. But hopefully none of that will ever happen. So please be considerate of other group members when posting.

Thats all

Now anyway, what are your beliefs? Are you religious? Atheist? Agnostic? or did you just accept the belief you may have been raised as? Why?

For me I was raised Baptist along with my three sisters by my Parents. Now, although I'm still Baptist I have a tendency to dwell on a few New Thought Philosophy beliefs after my sister introduced me to Rhonda Byrne's book The Secret. But I do believe their is a God and Heaven as well as Hell. I'm also going to raise my kids to be Christian as well, but when they get older and if they do for some reason, change their religious beliefs or have no religious beliefs at all, I may be angry but I won't really have a choice but to respect it. In other words, I won't argue with my kids if they took on a different religion or decided to be atheist or agnostic. My parents would probably literally throw me in a Christian Camp if I ever decided I was Atheist.

...your turn.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:07 AM
Hmm. WHichever one doesn't believe in God, I am.
But, I dunno what to beleive.
I tried to kill myself one night, and I prayed that I wouldn't die cuz it was dumb to die cuz someone ruins your life, But i dunno if it was cuz i didn't take enough Dimetap or cuz it was granted.

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Forum Resident
#3 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:07 AM
I am basically christian/catholic.I bleieve in God,Jesus,and Hell/Heaven.Jehovis Witnessis confuse me with the Angel Michael or something...But I love my Jehovis Witness Neighbors like family.

ELOOOOOOO x) http://nintendorkhome.forumotion.net/index.htm
My website.Please register!Off-topic talking on my website!

I'm back G's! "One More Time G" "AND I'M SOOOOO ANXIOUS"

............ xD
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:09 AM
I've been raised not to like catholics, lol, no pun intended.
I guess it's because my mom hates mexicans, mostly the ones who come in like they own the place, and most of them are catholic. Sigh.

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Forum Resident
#5 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:10 AM
Oh haha.My Grandma is German the land of Catholics xP I am mostly Christian.Hope we can still be buds ^.^

............ xD
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:11 AM
Religion hasn't really been seen in my family for the past two generations, and growing up with my family I sort of accepted my parent's belief that there is no God, so I suppose I'm an athiest. I've thought about it outside of my family's beliefs as well, and I believe I would remain an athiest either way. I'm very tolerant of other people's beliefs as well. As long as they do not force their belief system upon me, I won't force mine upon them. In terms of raising my children, I'll allow them to believe what they want them to believe. If I do marry a religious man, then I doubt I will convert my beliefs even if I love him, but if he wants to raise our children to be religious, I would like to give the children the choice rather than pushing my belief system upon them.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:15 AM
My mom doesn't beleive in God.
Well, actually, she says she doesn't know if she should or not.
my dad...I dunno.

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Forum Resident
#8 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:17 AM
I see.My mom is...Well I think she tihnks everyone goes to Heaven and God but no Hell.

............ xD
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:18 AM
I think I'm going to hell ^.^
Speaking of hell, Damnit, I missed the Hotline to Hell AGAIN!

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Forum Resident
#10 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:19 AM
Oh noo xD Speakign of my Mom I think I'll call her.Is it 11:19 at ur house?

............ xD
Scholar
#11 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:24 AM
Anti-religious. I don't believe in some big boogey man in the sky lurking over my shoulder, watching me masturbate, but that's not to say I don't believe in some type of higher power. I believe in "Mother Nature", that is that there is some "spirit" in everything on earth. I don't believe in "Heaven", "Hell", or the devil, those are all christian concepts. My beliefs have always aligned more with Paganism/Wicca, but somewhat toned down.

My main issue is organized religions, which amount to little more than over hyped cults. I'm not averse to there being a 'god', or people believing in said sky fairy, but I don't like what organized religions do to people. They make idiots out of what may have been, at one point, normal people capable of sanity. They make men think that it's better to murder their wives due to some indiscretion rather than forgive. They make other men think that flying crap into buildings and blowing themselves up will get them 72 sexually-inept women in heaven. Worst of all, they make people believe that they're better than others because they're going to heaven and the rest of us are going to hell. To which I reply, "See ya there."

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Instructor
#12 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:26 AM
I'm Christan but my family aren't all godly, we don't go to church and we don't prey at meal/bath/bed time. We hardly even talk about religion. I believe in god and everything on the Christan faith (no, let's not say everything). I just feel religions people are too demanding (my religion at least) My grand mother is catholic but she's far from religious. My uncle kind of strayed to 'god is everything', but I just feel it's nonsense.

One reason I don't want to get to much in my religion is because the bible has ben changed and raped so many times that you don't know what's really anymore. Do you know that they're some bibles named after kings because they either took out or added what they wanted their people to believe.

No, I'm not religious, but I believe in god, I believe in heaven and hell. I just don't care and choose not to think about it

I have cacophobia, hobophobia, menophobia, tremophobia, levophobia, dextrophobia, and phobophobia. I manage...
My city =D
Come Join me and become the ultimate Miss Bimbo =3
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it ~Voltaire
Forum Resident
#13 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:32 AM
I'm kinda like Elice with religion.Although I sometiems pray before bed if someone was hurt.Like when my Mother got shot.I'd just pray for her

............ xD
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cassslas1996
I tried to kill myself one night, and I prayed that I wouldn't die cuz it was dumb to die cuz someone ruins your life, But i dunno if it was cuz i didn't take enough Dimetap or cuz it was granted.

This was like 4 years ago, but I tried to kill myself too. A lot of people think it was because of my parents divorce but really I was just plain out depressed, I was a very awkward girl when I was 12. I dunno about the going to Hell because of Suicide thing. My parents claim you turn your back to God when you commit suicide and you're suppose to get Guidance. But I'm the type of person who trusts my intuition and I've always found that to be a load of crap. I feel like God forgives everyone, including Murderers and such. I mean if you think about it, the person who was murdered probably already forgives the person that murdered them. I think we send ourselves to our own Hell.

My friend told me this story once about Heaven and Hell.

“Both Heaven and Hell have an expansive dining hall with a big steamy pot of noodle soup at the center of the hall. The soup smells delicious and everyone has equal access to the soup. The strange thing is that each diner has to eat this soup with spoons that are 4-feet long. In Hell everyone starves because no matter how hard they try, they can’t get the noodles into their mouths. The spoons are too long. In Heaven, each diner feeds the person sitting across from them at the dinning room table. Everyone is happy and eats to their hearts content."

I think its all in the way you think, "I'm hungry but I can't feed myself" (You're thinking only of yourself).

"I'm hungry, but I can't feed myself. So how about I feed you and you feed me?"

Anyway, you don't have to believe all of this is true. I just wanted to share the story. To me its all in the way you think, you can either stop feeling low about everything and demand to be happy (and prayer won't hurt either) or you can continue to wait until someone comes along and feel bad for you which may or may never happen. When I was 12 I expected people to feel bad for me and cried for help. But then, I realized I don't need anyone to help me, I just need my relationship with God and to start expecting more of myself and acting as if I deserve to be happy. I'm not necessarily targeting this towards you though.

These are just my beliefs, that's all.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Instructor
#15 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:48 AM
I though about killing myself (I don't know, I think everyone have that point in life where they question about their worth; if not then they will sooner or later) I was in a rut, our house burned down and my family was devastated, we're not the riches of the bunch and we jumped from apartment to apartments (think nine people living in an apartment) I didn't too much mind, I was young and my mind don't think about money. But my grandmother and brother like to take their anger out on people around them and I kind of got the butt end of it all.

I started feeling useless and hating myself. But then, it's like something clicked in me, something that just gave me a burst of happiness, I always thought that I'm better then that to let people control my life so much that would make me want to get rid of myself, no one was that important. So now I'm kind of in a hippy faze, I'm more on love, and peace, and hugs, and all that. I find myself being the peace bringer in my house hold.

I do cry a lot, and I will gladly accept people calling me sensitive, but I find that so much better than anger. I actually have art to turn to when I find myself feeling mega depressed, I just start to draw or write about crap until my mood is lifted. Call me a hippy, I don't care, I'll hug a tree if I get the mood to!

I have cacophobia, hobophobia, menophobia, tremophobia, levophobia, dextrophobia, and phobophobia. I manage...
My city =D
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it ~Voltaire
Mad Poster
#16 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:50 AM
I hung myself once.
DAMN THE PARAMEDICS!
*grumbles*
But on a happier note, I like my life now, except the part about dad threatening to make us move into a tent.

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mother Function
retired moderator
#17 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 8:44 AM
Omg...I could talk about this for hours on end!

Anyhoos, I consider myself non-religious...yet spiritual. Like as a kid I only went to church because I had to...and as I got older and I started to really pay attention to what's really going on at these "Houses of God". The people in church are so...fake and pretentious that it makes me ill to be in the same room with them. They think that they can party and sin like crazy all week long as long as they show up for church for two hours and sing a hymn or two. Then they look down on people who don't attend church regularly and are simply minding their own business, and mark them as "damned for hell".

I believe that you don't need to go to church to be saved and go to heaven. You simply need to do right as much as possible. And if you screw up, you have to be sincere when you ask for forgiveness.

I don't like the Church as a whole because of how they like to read the Bible in their favor. For example, most people's defense to gay marriage is that its "forbidden in the bible". There's a lot of things in the bible that are forbidden mortal sins yet we casually ignore them. Like eating shellfish...and working on the Sabbath.

And even with the Bible, no one know if anything in the bible is right. This is what bugs me....There are hundreds of documented books and gospels of the Bible that were "purged" by the catholic church centuries ago because it didn't fit with their "teachings". So who's to say that anything in that big black book is actually what God said or intended to say?

I'm going to stop here because I can rant about this forever....

But, in short. I believe in God, the Holy Trinity and the Afterlife....but I don't believe in religion as a whole.

Sorry for changing the topic but religion gets me riled up!

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Mad Poster
#18 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 8:51 AM
Oooh, wow, cool!
When I was little, I went to church with a family friend, Crissy, and she (either that or my mom), when i asked, said that nuns were women who wanted to be god's wives or something O.O
Alot of believers don't go to church, they don't have the time! But are they going to hell? Well, depends on what they do.
Did you know that the bible, apparently, was re-written by the white man (Yeah, I'm talkin bout mah race) to make it say that they were to one day be superior to everyone else?
I dunno if it's true, I've never read the bible, and knowing my mexican white-hating teacher, he's say it to make us loathe white men, which most of the class did.

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Scholar
#19 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 8:52 AM
Haha.. Nuns = Brides of Christ

I take this to mean that Catholics condone polygamy

..and dude, don't talk about things you haven't read. I am in NO way supporting the bible (it's a good story, that's it), I am only supporting criticizing things you have actually read/experienced. I suggest you read it, like I said, good story. There's incest, sibling murder, more murder, prostitution, more murder, and at one point, a zombie makes an appearance!

Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 8:54 AM
o.O
Oh wow.
I thought polygamy was illegal?

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Scholar
#21 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 8:55 AM
o.O
Oh wow.
I thought polygamy was illegal?

Depends where you live.

Mad Poster
#22 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 8:56 AM
So...It's not illegal in all U.S?

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Instructor
#23 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 8:58 AM
The bible was written by... I dunno because I don't pay attention to my religion; but it was told before it was written because only a few people knew how to write and read so it was just 'god laws' past by people to people (which ment that someone could have jumbled the words) You know, you tell someone 'so and so likes ice cream' and then it get past down until a hard of hearing person twist the words, and the it's past down with a new meaning of 'so and so kills children' and all that jazz. Someone intelligent finally written it down and past it out to a couple of people (with maybe not the full meaning). Which later fell into other powerful people hands that rewrote it to keep the people under them ignorant.

So the bible is a little etchy, it's hard to know what's the truth or not nowadays. That's why some bibles say kill gays, other bible say women are demons, or children have no souls. And that's why ya never trust the man.

My city =D
Instructor
#24 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 9:00 AM
So...It's not illegal in all U.S?

it's illegal, but some states are... soft... on their rules, and like to ignore things like that. It's kind of like child abuse.

My city =D
Scholar
#25 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 9:01 AM
Technically, it's illegal in the US, but it's not really enforced unless said polygamists are stupid enough to flaunt their lifestyle in the face of those who don't approve. It's not illegal in some other countries, though. Remember, you live in the world, there are other countries outside the US.

Page 1 of 4