Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Typical
#26 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 4:40 PM
I my - I must cave in to the temptation of this! That foundation has SOO much potential, it's crazy time for me O_O
(curses that he only has BG + Ambitions )
EDIT: I'ma starting this today and will probably finish it in a 2 or 3 days :D
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover
Okay, I have a question about the lot. I put it on the 30x30 lot, but it doesn't look like the picture. Well, the foundation does, but the placement of the mailbox and trash can aren't. Is the side with the bay window-like extension the front of the foundation and should therefore be put to the side with street?

Happened to me too. 'Course, I'm such a newb at anything Sims 3 I could've screwed something up (literally, this is the first time I've loaded the game since winter). (...) Yeah, I totally put it on a 40x40 lot and not a 30x30 lot. I'm not used to having to check how big a lot is before I place it...
Field Researcher
#28 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 4:56 PM
You say we can add a garage and we can use CFE, but can we add an attached garage if we don't alter the foundation or add living space, just put in parking space(s)?

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
Happened to me too. 'Course, I'm such a newb at anything Sims 3 I could've screwed something up (literally, this is the first time I've loaded the game since winter). (...) Yeah, I totally put it on a 40x40 lot and not a 30x30 lot. I'm not used to having to check how big a lot is before I place it...

Yeah, it's been a while since I've played the game. I've had so many computer problems that I keep having to uninstall everything. Luckily, this means that I have no CC to be tempted with.
The other one
#30 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 7:08 PM
I might've missed this but can we 'paint' the foundation or is it to be completely untouched? Also, should the photos be taken in build/buy mode or can we move in a family?

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 7:08 PM
Im soooo in!!!!!
Site Helper
#32 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 7:37 PM
If you CAST a pattern, does that make it CC? It shows as a custom pattern in the patterns after you do, but I don't like the default colors for some of the patterns.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#33 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 8:00 PM
I'm in!!! I'll be postponing the project I was working on 'cause this is much more fun! :D

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Test Subject
#34 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 8:20 PM
Sign me up! I've never done a compiton before, so this should be intresting....

I'M A FIRIN' MAH LAZER!
Test Subject
#35 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 9:16 PM
Damn,wish it were for sims 2....
Wiki Wizard
#36 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 10:09 PM Last edited by Deluxe Designs : 15th Jul 2010 at 11:43 PM.
Oh this is awesome, i can't wait to try this challenge, i love these!!

EDIT: I have begun working on it! It is so much fun, i pretty much have the whole exterior done now! :D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 12:37 AM
My make would look lovely on such a list Would you mind adding it :D
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#38 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 12:46 AM Last edited by whiterider : 16th Jul 2010 at 1:02 AM.
Ghost, CASting is absolutely fine - CASting EA patterns does not count as CC; only if the actual basic pattern you use is CC.

missroxor, painting/CASting the foundation is fine, so long as you don't edit the shape of it. Pics can be taken in build/buy or live mode - but live mode is the better choice since, well, gridlines are ugly.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 1:24 AM Last edited by Miuki : 17th Jul 2010 at 11:12 PM.
This is so much fun. Thank you for such interesting challenge. Although I'm not a builder/decorator, below is my entry.

Dune Cottage

A summer house on the beach. Freshly redecorated, yet retains it's charm with original wooden panelling, light colours and thoughtful lighting. Three bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, kitchen, dining-room and study is included. Exterior features small porch with armchairs, car parking space and modest yard with firepit and etc. Though the house is not the expensive one and room sizes are quite modest, it is enough to enjoy sunny beaches and salty breeze during the summer.
No CC, only EA items from base game and expansions, plus couple of items from the store.
Street view.

First floor plan. (Study, kitchen with laundry nook, dining-room, living-room and small bathroom);

Second floor plan. (Bedrooms, reading nook by the fireplace and two bathrooms);

Living-room.

Kitchen.

Master bedroom.

Hall on the first floor.

Study.

Part of backyard.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 1:44 AM
I cant believe theres already an entry! Great job! Im so in and ill start.. When i get my Sims 3-Playable computer back in 2 days!! AGH!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 1:52 AM Last edited by yorkielove1 : 16th Jul 2010 at 4:59 PM.
Default My entry 1
Here's my entry...
Modern Yet Classic
A mid size loft house, perfect for the newlywed couple or the typical bachelor. 1 bedroom, 2 bath, and 2 car spots make this home cozy, but not too small. The exterior is made to match with traditional neighborhoods, while the inside is extremely modern a vibrant. I have no CC.
Front View

First Floor

Second Floor

Bedroom

Living Room

Kitchen

Overhead

Study/Dining Room

Master Bath
Instructor
#42 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 4:05 AM
I love this contest! I have a quick question though... I wanted to add a fireplace and was wondering if the chimney foundation counts as an extension of the foundation?
Test Subject
#43 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:40 AM
I want to join, is that still possible? I've never participated in a contest, I'm very excited! :D
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:47 AM
LifesLover - The bottom of the image shown should be the front of the lot. Not sure why it orients itself differently for some people - you're not the first to say so. Someone else mentioned it doing that in chat. Strangeness.

fragglerocks - I think that'd be okay - it's more about decoration than changing the footprint to add extra buildable space so a fireplace would be fine.

Marleen267 - Yes, of course! There's still plenty of room. Just make sure to get your entry in before the deadline for round 1!
Field Researcher
#45 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:58 AM
Sorry to post this again, but you must have missed the question. You say we can add a garage and we can use CFE, but can we add an attached garage if we don't alter the foundation or add living space, just put in parking space(s)? Or would this be considered a split level?

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 8:25 AM
GiveTheNineARide - As long as it doesn't add liveable/buildable space and is just the one level, I'd say a small garage that is just to house a parking space, or a carport is okay.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#47 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 8:56 AM
Can we switch out foundation? Like deleting parts of the brick and replacing it with the wooden?

I'm gonna look out the window of my colored TV.
Test Subject
#48 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 9:21 AM
I'll join :D
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 10:27 AM Last edited by Rez Delnava : 17th Jul 2010 at 8:44 AM.
Default Mission-Remodel
Mission-Remodel
Once upon a time in California, there was a architecture movement that involved copying elements from Spanish missions. These elements include high ceilings and low, squat towers. While popular for residential architecture in the early 1920's, this style is definitely not something that a trendy young Cali family would likely own, much less throw a house-party in. We at Delnava Design & Reality have recognized the needs of the new generation of home-owners, and being eco-friendly to boot, and have recycled the crusty shells of old mission-revival style houses and transformed them into high-style modern homes.

This particular entry in our catalog of Mission-Remodel homes is perfectly matched for a small family of 3-4 people with ample space for entertaining. While this lot is no longer on the market (now owned by a family of four: Mom, Dad and two growing kids), we encourage prospective clients to browse the pictures of this completed work as they contemplate purchasing and customizing their own Mission-Remodel home.

Streetview:
Note how we have taken the mission-revival home and given it new street-appeal. No more faded salmon color roof-tiles, and yellowed plaster; now it has a simple, yet elegant, duo color front utilizing the latest in recycled roofing materials and high tech stucco siding. While we removed most of the old yard material (Removed, not destroyed! We here at Delnava Design &Reality always replant any viable specimens.), we felt it necessary to preserve part of the history of the lot. Therefor, we transplanted existing roses from the premise, and placed them elegantly on trellises besides the entry.

Floor Plans:
Ground Level/Yard:
As we have stated before, we at Delnava Design & Reality believe strongly in utilizing existing elements rather than building new; so, we have kept the existing foundation and reused much of the original structure. As to our commitment to satisfaction, we give our clients many options for their landscapes. This family has opted for a modern take on Japanese landscape. The bamboo thicket in the corner of the back yard provides a natural sound and vision barrier to the nearby street while providing a natural backdrop for a small water garden. The main foliage elements of the lot consist of an aspen tree in the front and a Cherry tree in the back. As the clients are parents to two growing kids, Mom wished to encourage her children to have active fun while maintaining their safety. To this end, she purchased a trampoline for her family and we installed a swimming pool. To accommodate her safety concerns, the pool was fenced off to prevent children from accessing it unsupervised, and we placed Ice-plant along the edge of the trampoline. Because of it's thick, fast growing, and squishy nature, ice-plant makes a perfect ground cover to cushion falls. Dad wanted a place to securely house his classic car, so to the side of the lot, we built a small garage complete with a high grade shatter proof glass door so that he may also showcase his beautiful ride.

Main Floor:
This floor is the main living space of the house: front entry, living room, dinning room, and bathroom.

Kitchen Level:
While not a separate room from the dining area, the kitchen is on a raised floor giving Dad a clear view of the dining area from his favorite spot in the house, where he enjoys preparing healthy meals for the family and guests.

Master Bedroom Level:
This floor is all about Mom and Dad; master bedroom, master bath, and stair-platform. The platform outside their bedroom door gives a view of the entire house and is also the access to the bedrooms on the upper floor. Mom won't have to worry about losing people in the house; one glance around from her door and an attentive ear can tell her when people are upstairs, in the living room, or in the kitchen.

Tower Bedrooms
This tower once house a faux-bell and a small storage space, but our renovation team converted it to a fully livable space with two bedrooms, a small shower room, and a separate toilet.

Roof-line
Featuring state-of the art recycled roofing and world-class insulation, these roofs will shed anything the weather can throw at them. Also, the black color roof provides an excellent heat source for the Sol-thermal brand in-roof water-heater.

Living Room:
As these homes are modern design, we love to feature homes like this that exemplify modern decor. As was shown on the outside, the interior also utilizes the white/black modern color scheme. The owners opted for cool greys for the wall color and complimented it with black stained wood and brushed aluminum door trim. The soft elements add a splash of color with the gentile blue cushions and the bright red lamp shades add a focal point to the room. The desk in the room is visually warming in an otherwise cool room, and acts as a transition with the contrasting warmth of the kitchen colors. The carpet is a plush Berber trimmed into a rectangular pattern to give a comforting repetition to the room that combines well with the square shapes of the furniture.

Kitchen:
We wanted to give the kitchen and dinette area a separate feel without actually separating the rooms. To do this, we utilized the high ceilings of the mission-revival style; the raised platform kitchen gives a separated feel but allows one standing in the kitchen to view the whole area. To get the raised area, we used existing stone stacked along the exposed edges in addition to modern structural materials. The floor of the raised area is a compressed fiber board backed with steel mesh and topped with a lightweight linoleum. The floor of the dining area is bleached pine recovered during the renovation. The overall aesthetic of the room once again follows the white/black color scheme with the dining floor and stacked stone being contrasted with the dark synthetic counter-tops and black furniture cushions; but it contrasts with the cool and relaxing tone of the living room with warm brown walls and faux-rosewood cabinets. This is then accented with brushed aluminum appliances and chairs to match the door trim. The mirrors finish the room by expanding the space visually and spreading light which would otherwise be dim because of the high ceilings.

Master Bedroom:
Overall, the master bedroom has a very different feel to it from the rest of the house. This is because it drops the duo-tonality found in the rest of the house in favor of more personalized style, while still maintaining the bold lines of modern design. Blue lights found in the bed and in the ceiling sconces fill the room with refreshing, cold-water ambiance. These lighting and water elements are continued even during the bright daylight due to the fact that the main bedroom window overlooks the swimming pool and the distant water garden, bathing the room in a reflected blue shimmer. The dresser and nightstands use the same materials as the kitchen cabinets and are accented by brushed aluminum to match the door frames.

Photo Gallery:

Game Details:
Cost Furnished: S$132,520
Cost Unfurnished: S$90,245

Game Content Used: Base, WA, HELS, AMB
Store Sets Used:
  • Zen Again
  • Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath
  • Faire Folk Outdoors
  • BahHaus
  • Collectionne Stäncké
  • Ultra Lounge Comfort
  • Ultra Lounge Youths
  • Various other individual items

No CC Used.
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 12:58 PM Last edited by Kaospilot : 17th Jul 2010 at 11:46 AM.
EDIT: Placeholder no more! Gonna post at the end of the thread

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.

Page 2 of 12