Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 11:26 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 5th Mar 2014 at 12:09 PM.
Default Home made cakes/pies cannot be set for sale...
Disappointing..something must be wrong, or I did something weird..
I asked my future resto-club owner to make many/cheese cakes, berry pies, baked alaska & cakes, at home.
I have 60 serving plates total. 15 of each kind, in his inventory.
Tonight, I start and finish the community lot, I did a mighty good job.
Go back to my sim, have him call and buy the lot...and send him there to set up everything.
Place 8 first serving plates in the 2 Decra Chill he's got there....Only 2 of them can be set for sale. What's wrong with the 58 other serving plates?
Because yeah, I tried them all.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 12:47 PM
I have been playing around with a small bakery...first off you dont need to pull all the cakes etc from his inventory & have them on the floor (no room for customers, not that they'd really want to buy food that has been on the floor). Set up the food stand (I cant remember the name of it) place however many cakes you want in there, set THOSE for sale & whenever a sim buys a cake just send your sim to restock
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 12:57 PM
Put them in the decra chill (or something like that). Cakes on the floor aren't good to sell. New cakes will automatically be pulled from the inventory when a cake is sold, as long as there are cakes left.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 1:54 PM
You have to click the plate, not the food.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#5 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 5:47 PM
I think you need to put them into the display cases
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix
I think you need to put them into the display cases

Exactly, under Surfaces > Misc. You can't have a bakery without the special displays.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 6:24 PM
But the OP said that they put them into display cases (the Decra Chills) and they still didn't work? They placed the first 8 in the bakery shelf thingies but they wouldn't work so they tried them all and only 2 would set for sale?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 6:50 PM
The question there is did they try and set each plate for sale, one by one, in the Decra Chill, or did they click on the Decra Chill itself?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
The question there is did they try and set each plate for sale, one by one, in the Decra Chill, or did they click on the Decra Chill itself?

Obviously we'd need to hear from the OP, but I'd assume so, if they managed to set two of them for sale? Maybe not though :-)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
But the OP said that they put them into display cases (the Decra Chills) and they still didn't work? They placed the first 8 in the bakery shelf thingies but they wouldn't work so they tried them all and only 2 would set for sale?

Excatly.

I would never place cakes on the floor trying to sell them..you silly people lol
I have 2 decra chill display, if you look at the picture. they each hold 8 serving platters.
The cakes ended up on the floor are the ones that could not be set for sale being put in the decra chill. This is why I said..I tried them all.

This is also, a game on pause.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007

I tried both, I tried everything, can't you see the desperate situation?
I put 8 in the display..then do as I always do, click the decra chill, to set everything IN it, to.."cheap" or whatever.
Didin't work..Then tried each plate alone.."cannot be set for sale"
EACH one of the 60 platters had its chance IN the decra chill. Only TWO can be set for sale.

I'd like to congratulate Laura, for having been the only one seeing the picture/reading my original post and getting it. lol
Jeez, I must suck at English...

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#12 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 7:15 PM
Did you let your sim serve (i.e. put down) the meal before putting it in the inventory?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 7:18 PM
No..as the "make many" option on the fridge make the food go directly in the inventory.
To have a sim serve, you need to select "serve.." not "make..make many.."

Mad Poster
#14 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 7:22 PM
Are you using any sort of custom food/custom plates? I know not everything can be set for sale (annoying) so if you have CC, perhaps it's been cloned from something unsellable.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 7:25 PM
I have no CC food. I have a mod that allows to set the number of serving plates per serving platters, got that on here...besides that, I can't see what would interfere with selling foods. And since 2 of them CAN be sold..this is a mystery, hence..me posting on here.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 7:30 PM
Well, I'm stumped. I use the variable servings mod myself and didn't see any problems when running the Jacquet's bakery. Perhaps it's time to post in the help forums?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 7:35 PM
Well...talking about the Jacquets...weren't their food spoiled?..I read about them and about running a bakery, before starting everything..kind of to, put me back on track. And none of their cakes could be sold, everything was spoiled..so when you play their bakery, you must delete all they have and replace with new batches.
Now i wonder...does food goes bad while in inventory?? and since when..this is sims 2 not 3! My sims always wander about with plenty O fish in their pocket..and they don't smell...
Could 58 serving platters be spoiled..out of 60?

Field Researcher
#18 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 7:36 PM
I have that mod as well. Group meals or cakes can not be set for sale, if the number of servings is changed from the usual number of six. I discovered that, when I started my first bakery and accidentily sent my sim to make many cakes without setting the number of servings back to six. (There were only two people in the household and I had set it to two servings for cooking dinner.)

Is there any change you changed the number of servings before those 58 cakes were made? If that's the case the cakes are still usable, you just have to have your sim serve them and put the individiual slices for sale.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I'd like to congratulate Laura, for having been the only one seeing the picture/reading my original post and getting it. lol
Jeez, I must suck at English...

Your English is good - I'm just more awesome than everyone else here! I think people just wanted to make sure they hadn't overlooked an obvious solution to your problem - that does happen quite a bit! :-)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 7:45 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!! ok.
I am set to 20 servings. hehe.
The ones sellable? anyways, I am in my rights to invent words, considering the situation. Those, were probably cooked before I changed the number...but I cannot remember.
My plan is to sell whole cakes, BUT..also to offer free cake slices..so i guess, I already have my load of goodies, and now will go back to bake for sale purpose.
Only problem remains now..how will I tell the difference between the six serving ones I'll make, and the 58 unsellable ones...after everything goes in inventory..oh well..by adding them to the decra chill..of course.

THANK YOU.

Mad Poster
#21 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 8:28 PM
Ahhh. I think I made the Jacquet's do all their cooking at their business, where I didn't change serving sizes. At their home, it's set to 3, so I'll have to remember not to cook there!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 9:21 PM
Yep! That'll be something to remember lol. What a relief, it was just that!
Thank you again abel1980.