Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Multi-Sims2Pack Installer

by Tashiketh Posted 12th Jan 2005 at 1:00 AM - Updated 6th Oct 2022 at 10:38 AM by Tashiketh

Closed Thread Locked by: Delphy Reason: Outdated program - no more support will be given
160 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 152 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#51 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 10:36 AM
There was, and it's now merged with this one
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 12:40 PM
Oh thanks, I wanted to make sure I was keeping an eye on the good one ;-)
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 1:29 PM
I just wanted to say it works great and a BIG Thank You for all your hard work.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#54 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 2:10 PM
Thanks for the comments

Small update to fix problem with the XML output...dont know if it affected anybody but ah well
Banned
#55 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Thanks for the comments

Small update to fix problem with the XML output...dont know if it affected anybody but ah well

yes it works great now. Oh joy no more installing 1 at a time!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 9:56 AM
i dont know if it just me but when im extracting walls/floors i am getting strange files in with them they are sims files and are charactersegmentforupload and familysegmentforupload the only thing i can think that may of happened is i acedently used it to unpack a lot and now its adding these files in when i unpack a wall or floor file

----------------------------------------------
We are all part of the tapesty of life. Weave your threads with the colours of peace, love and compassion my friends.
Test Subject
#57 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 8:12 AM
Default Strange changes after MultiSims2 pack extract
I downloaded the Multisims2 Pack extract, but couldn't work out how to use it properly. Anyway, after fooling around with it, I gave up and went to manually install the new downloads. To my surprise I found that the actual appearance of the files inside both the rar and zip files, have changed. They are now little white nutlike circles. All my uninstalled filles now have this new appearance.

I decided to check my Sims2\downloads folder and found that the files there have also spontaneously changed. (Subfolders have stayed with the original file type)

The thing is, when I double click on this new file type, they open in Simpe.

I have no idea what I have done or, if this is a "good thing" lol. The only new programs I have installed is the updated version of SimPE and the MultiSims2 pack extract.

Yes, I do realise that no one else seems to have had a problem running the MultiSims2 pack extract, but I would be very grateful if I could get a "tutorial for dummies", on how to do it.

Also, how do I change the file type back to normal, (or are they meant to look this way with MultiSims2 and the latest Simpe?). Eg Is there an advantage in opening a new downloaded file in Simpe?

These may all be silly questions but I sure would be grateful for some answers. :D
Test Subject
#58 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 10:01 AM
Default Game crashing
Sorry, I don't know how to edit.

I just loaded my game for the first time since installing MultiSims2pack extract and the updated version of Simpe. It crashed on loading :argh:
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 10:12 AM
Thank you so very very much for this fantastic program :D
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by trilink2002
I downloaded the Multisims2 Pack extract, but couldn't work out how to use it properly. Anyway, after fooling around with it, I gave up and went to manually install the new downloads. To my surprise I found that the actual appearance of the files inside both the rar and zip files, have changed. They are now little white nutlike circles. All my uninstalled filles now have this new appearance.

I decided to check my Sims2\downloads folder and found that the files there have also spontaneously changed. (Subfolders have stayed with the original file type)

The thing is, when I double click on this new file type, they open in Simpe.

It simply means that .package files have become associated with SimPe.

You CAN'T open .package files with any program except SimPe, so there is absolutely no reason to try to change them back. Changing them "back" means you can't open them at all. At least this way they get a little icon that distinguishes them from all the other filetypes that your computer doesn't officially recognize because there is no program to open them. :P

Anyway, unless you are a modder or you recolor stuff, you shouldn't be clicking on .package files. There's just no reason to.
#61 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 1:54 AM
hallo i'm new of forum im' italian and my name is Walter

i have a question about this tool for multiple installation package.....

its happened to me a case of file overwritten during a multiple installation of some house, by usual metod of double-click over all *.sim2pack file that i have.

for explane, i want to install 4 house, i start to install them in usual metod (double-click over the first *.sim2pack file), this work well, i continue with the other sim2pack file, but some file when unpack its contenent in the teleport directory, overwrite the old file that a have just unpacked, with result that instead have four house in the game i have only two, for exactly, last two house what i installed.

i solve the problem, installing one house at time and start the game for all single house, but this metod are so stressfull.

my question are.... this tool can prevent the overwritten problem ?
i ask this, because this tool install some sim2pack files at time and there is the probably that the problem that i found happen again...

thanks for future answere (excuse for bad English)

bye bye
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 8:24 AM
Hi Nathan. I know exactly what you are talking about (sims2pack normal installer not installing any of files included in the package file if one of the files is already in the teleport folder).
I have solved these kinds of problems with sims2pack Clean Installer but I am pretty sure Multi-Sims2pack Installer will install your houses perfectly as well.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#63 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 10:39 AM
Yeah it doesn't check if the file already exists, it just goes ahead and installs anyway
Test Subject
#64 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 1:28 PM
hi Delphy. I just found this program and i have to say a HUGE thank you for making this. It's a real time saver. I've got tons of downloads which have just been building up because I'm too lazy to install them. This is a wonderful program. Thank you so much.
#65 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Azureale
Hi Nathan. I know exactly what you are talking about (sims2pack normal installer not installing any of files included in the package file if one of the files is already in the teleport folder).
I have solved these kinds of problems with sims2pack Clean Installer but I am pretty sure Multi-Sims2pack Installer will install your houses perfectly as well.

thanks a lot i taking the tool and i use immediately
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 8:20 PM
Delphy, first of all I'd like to thank you for this nifty tool. Having Win98 has deterred me from enjoying all the benefits of Pherver's Clean Installer. But your tool just rocks!!! The beauty of it is that it does NOT rename packages. Wow!
I noted that this can be used for lots/houses. What folder should I extract them to -- downloads or teleport? Does it even matter?
Again, thank you for this.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#67 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 11:57 AM
No probs

I normally just extract to downloads...
Test Subject
#68 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 1:25 PM
This is a fantastic tool - thank you.
Test Subject
#69 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 1:28 PM
I'll check this out
Test Subject
#70 Old 29th Jan 2005 at 3:45 PM Last edited by Shechi : 29th Jan 2005 at 4:06 PM.
These files appeared in the folder I used to install some houses

characterSegementForUpload xxxxxxxx.sims (x=letters and numbers)

What should I do with them? Cant find them anywhere in the ea doc. folders.

Do you think they are maybe NPCs from commercial lots?
also these two files
familySegmentForUpload.sims
lotSegmentFor Upload.sims

woops sorry............edited to say

Thank You very much for the program!!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#71 Old 30th Jan 2005 at 4:07 AM
Shechi, can I see the sims2pack files you got them from?
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#72 Old 30th Jan 2005 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shechi
These files appeared in the folder I used to install some houses

characterSegementForUpload xxxxxxxx.sims (x=letters and numbers)

What should I do with them? Cant find them anywhere in the ea doc. folders.

Do you think they are maybe NPCs from commercial lots?
also these two files
familySegmentForUpload.sims
lotSegmentFor Upload.sims

woops sorry............edited to say

Thank You very much for the program!!

You get those files if you're trying to install a .sims2pack lot. The familysegment means a family got packaged with a lot. Same with the charactersegment - something to do with that family member. The lotsegment is the actual lot itself. They are safe files.

However, you should've gotten some kind of description as to what came with your lot. Normally lots w/ families get uploaded to The Exchange. That's probably where you got it from. If you click on the family icon, while on The Exchange, you'll see if there was family packaged with that lot.

DDO
Test Subject
#73 Old 30th Jan 2005 at 12:59 PM Last edited by Shechi : 30th Jan 2005 at 1:26 PM.
Ok found it.....cant remember where from. I dont intentionally dl prepkgd families with my houses and there is no lot file extracting from this pkg

hmmm cant get the pkg to upload. THe manage attachment window just says uploading please wait............wont attach the pkg.

ok found the site, you have to register but its free of course

http://www.simsnetwork.com/ search for the Excius Adelaar 26 house. Thats the one.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 10:23 PM
Thank you for this! It is so very handy!!!!
Test Subject
#75 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 6:44 PM
You are my hero! For the first time installing 240 sims2packs was not the nightmare I expected. :elephant: Thank you so much!
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7