Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#101 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 9:14 AM
I can't think of much, but the garden club hates unraked leaves. Not sure about raked piles of them...

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Advertisement
Instructor
#102 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 12:16 AM
The Garden Club does not like raked piles of leaves either, since they're still considered garbage. See if you can get all the leaves into the compost bin before they start coming around to see...

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
#103 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 2:34 AM
i gave up on the garden club.. Everytime i try it corrupts and makes my game crash. >.< then i have to delete the group.cache and finish.. Its annoying...
Field Researcher
#104 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 2:38 PM
Crashing sounds like a conflicting hack? It sounds suspiciously like what I was seeing when I tried to call to adopt a pet -- the game'd promptly freeze and crash. I made CAS pets and moved in for a while, until some day I realized that the nostrayrespawn hack might interfere -- after all, what's to adopt if no unowned animals are generated? So I took it out, and ta daaaaa.
#105 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 4:33 PM
Garden Club works fine in my game, invite the old lady in brown jackets first (forgot her name will update) become her friend, then ask for garden club membership, 2 other person will come around to check your garden, they like decoratives things in your garden, don't ask them over during fall/autumn because you will have fallen leaves which cannot be control as the garden club people will go round your house in circle around 3 times (if i am not mistaken) its find if you don't have any crops, but if you have make sure they are thriving (talk to the plants) they check everything to do with plants, decoratives and crops.

ps: my highest eggplants sale price is 460 if not mistaken (definitely more then 400, maybe 450) but only that once, because i cheated and the guy talks to the plant day and night...
#106 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Birgitte Heuschkel
Crashing sounds like a conflicting hack? It sounds suspiciously like what I was seeing when I tried to call to adopt a pet -- the game'd promptly freeze and crash. I made CAS pets and moved in for a while, until some day I realized that the nostrayrespawn hack might interfere -- after all, what's to adopt if no unowned animals are generated? So I took it out, and ta daaaaa.

Its weird though, because it waits till after they are looking at my lawn/garden.. And then it randomly crashes. O.o; i usually save often (my graphics card over heats, i think its damaged) because my computer shuts itself off after like 3 hrs of playing Sims.. Anyway, after i delete group.cache and go back in, it works fine. O.o;;
Test Subject
#107 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 6:35 PM
Has anyone made any new types of veggies to plant? Actually, what I'd love is if they could grow roses or other flowers.
#108 Old 8th May 2007 at 5:30 PM
Well, a bit late, but Maz: make sure they go home and even if they have and have come back already sometimes they'll tell you it's too soon. Try another to have another Sim ask them if s/he can join the garden club and everyone can make wishes from the well and drink and stuff, plus you get money for the household.
I don't know about memories, though....
#109 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 6:16 PM
Dunno if anyone will actually respond, bit of an old topic. But I got an issue...

As if gardening wasn't hard enough, my sprinklers never seem to work. Greenhouse, outside, you name it... the plants just never get watered. Every single time they go off I check the plants after, and they still need watering. It isn't that big of a deal, that is, until I start doing larger farms with like 40 plants that need tending to daily... eesh.

Anyway, answers would be appreciated. I don't believe I have any hacks that would cause such issues, and this problem hasn't always been there, just never noticed when it started.
#110 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 2:32 PM
I've only just installed Seasons and have yet to really get into the gameplay, but from what I can gather, sprinklers break often. So, maybe you just missed the sprinklers going (they only sprinkle once per day) and they broke?
#111 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 3:03 PM
This mod makes the sprinklers break less http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,8989.0.html
They can still break but it’s much rarer, so I have not seen a broken sprinkler; how do you see that the sprinkler is broken except watching the animation?
Then you use sprinklers you will still get the water many option sometimes, but there is no need to water the plants the sprinkler takes care of it.
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 6:21 PM
That wiki thing was so helpful -- thank you so much!!!
#113 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 2:11 AM
If you put a radio in the greenhouse, I've found that the plants thrive just as if the gardening sim talked to them. I even tested this with several different crops with different music formats. All my gardening sim did was water and tend and the crop thrived without being talked to. That can be a real time-saver!
Alchemist
#114 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkAnnie6
If you put a radio in the greenhouse, I've found that the plants thrive just as if the gardening sim talked to them. I even tested this with several different crops with different music formats. All my gardening sim did was water and tend and the crop thrived without being talked to. That can be a real time-saver!

Wow, I had no idea. Thanks for that tip Annie
Site Helper
#115 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 1:06 PM
Two questions: I had a sim marry a townie with a gold gardening badge and a want to get into the garden club. So I gave her a garden. Her eggplants have been thriving ever since they came up, but how long does it take to harvest them? She planted them 3 seasons ago!

And another question: Has anybody discovered if Apple Juice makes term papers go faster? It says "homework" and a term paper is a variety of homework, isn't it?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#116 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj
And another question: Has anybody discovered if Apple Juice makes term papers go faster? It says "homework" and a term paper is a variety of homework, isn't it?

From Apple Juice you can ONLY do the homework faster
Test Subject
#117 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 1:57 AM
hi, im marissa. I am BRAND new to this site so i hope im doing this whole posting thing right. Anyway, i have the seasons EP. do u know how to become a member of the gardening club without waiting for a member to come to your house?
#118 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 2:12 AM
You have to invite the garden club member and then request membership, unless there's a cheat or something I think that's the only way to do it.
Test Subject
#119 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by novemberlove
You have to invite the garden club member and then request membership, unless there's a cheat or something I think that's the only way to do it.

I'm not shure there are no cheats for that!
#120 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 6:56 PM
Thanks alot, many of my problems are solved now
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 22nd May 2009 at 4:26 AM
Despite articles on the internet, getting a wishing well is *easy*, though not always cheap:

1. Plant three 4x4 garden plots. Some landscapes may need fewer.
2. Add compost bin, ladybug house, and stuff like garden gnomes. No pink flamingos!
3. Fertilize and plant. Tomatoes are fine.
4. Clean up the garden. The gardener works pretty well, since she can spot which plants need to be watered.
5. Once you see sprouts, call Services / Gardening Club.

You can ask for multiple inspections and get more than one well. However, AFAIK, you can't use more than one well on a lot. I think it's easiest to ask for a new inspection after the gardener is finished working.

That's it. It's actually harder to maintain a garden than plant one. If you can, get a butler. Myself, I also usually put in sprinklers, a greenhouse, and sunlamps, but they're expensive. Wishing wells are *very* useful for the "20 Simultaneous Loves" and "20 Best Friends" LTW's. They're also useful for rich sims to Give Gift to their poor friends.

Enjoy!
Instructor
#122 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ced1106
Despite articles on the internet, getting a wishing well is *easy*, though not always cheap:

1. Plant three 4x4 garden plots. Some landscapes may need fewer.
2. Add compost bin, ladybug house, and stuff like garden gnomes. No pink flamingos!
3. Fertilize and plant. Tomatoes are fine.
4. Clean up the garden. The gardener works pretty well, since she can spot which plants need to be watered.
5. Once you see sprouts, call Services / Gardening Club.

You can ask for multiple inspections and get more than one well. However, AFAIK, you can't use more than one well on a lot. I think it's easiest to ask for a new inspection after the gardener is finished working.

That's it. It's actually harder to maintain a garden than plant one. If you can, get a butler. Myself, I also usually put in sprinklers, a greenhouse, and sunlamps, but they're expensive. Wishing wells are *very* useful for the "20 Simultaneous Loves" and "20 Best Friends" LTW's. They're also useful for rich sims to Give Gift to their poor friends.

Enjoy!

I've been wondering how to actually do the "20/50 Loves/BFFs" thing. Thanks for the tips!
Test Subject
#123 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 2:27 AM Last edited by CarolJude : 29th Aug 2009 at 2:53 AM.
My greenhouse door always seems to be open - 'today' it started snowing and I saw snow forming inside the greenhouse. I went into build and deleted the open door and bought a new one, which is in the closed position.

Will the open door cause problems and is there a way to prevent it being left open?

-edit- Could they possibly make the sprinkler heads ANY SMALLER??? Stupid thing was blocking the door!

...walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.
Test Subject
#124 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 4:38 AM
Still getting snow INSIDE the greenhouse, though. Any thoughts? Walls, roof and door seem completely intact. Argh.

Test Subject
#125 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 4:17 AM
AHA!
No wall where the door was. The way the door fit I didn't think I had to put a wall there. Wall installed, snow instantly gone. Yay!

Page 5 of 6