Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims2Pack Clean Installer V1.6.22 (Updated Aug 2, 2014)

by Mootilda Posted 3rd Jul 2010 at 3:55 AM - Updated 2nd Aug 2014 at 10:28 PM by Mootilda

644 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 460 Feedback Posts, 183 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 22 of 26
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#526 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 1:17 PM
Thanks for the download!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#527 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cableguy7uk
My CI has stopped working says debug nothing happens uninstalled, tried reinstalling, Norton av says unsafe? What now?
Ignore Norton and / or get yourself a better anti-virus. This isn't unsafe. Are you having any other issue?
Test Subject
#528 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 8:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BalanceMyth
On my antivirus it shows that it has an infected file.

ikr it says it's not safe and automatically uninstalls it for me
Test Subject
#529 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 10:35 AM
This needs sorting out! sims 2 is still in use and with no Clean Installer working, what are we to use in the mean time.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#530 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 3:38 PM
What problem are you having? Most people are having no problems at all. Your problems are likely related to your own machine, and can be solved. As far as I can tell from what you've said, your only problem is that Norton is complaining. Norton is known for false positives and can be ignored. If you have any other problem, you need to let us know what it is.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#531 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 4:05 PM
now I won't have to install every single item !:)
Test Subject
#532 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 12:35 AM
Hi there! I've been trying to use this for a while, I've tried the regular version and the no install version. No matter what I get a dialogue saying "Sims 2 Pack Clean Installer has stopped working. Windows is searching for a solution to the problem". I'm running Windows 7 on my laptop. I've tried looking through the FAQ and the help sections, but I can't seem to find anything. Is there something I'm missing? The program doesn't even start, it's straight away after I click yes on the administrator dialogue box
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#533 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 11:52 AM
I hope someone can help me, I used Clean Installer to install a Packaged Lot that I had saved from my game so that I could put the house and character I made in a different neighborhood. Now every time I play that character my game freezes and crashes, it then gives me the error: The Application has crashed. The application will now terminate. Then I press okay and it closes my sims 2 game. I have The Ultimate Collection you can get from Origin.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#534 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 3:24 PM
Moving a character via a package lot is a bad thing and will corrupt your neighborhood. It looks like you will have to start over from a backup of the hood before you installed the packaged lot. See this for details:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Hood_Corruption
Scholar
THANKS POST
#535 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 11:48 PM
Thank you for the update! Very thoughtful. Now my Sims 2 experience with UC is complete.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#536 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 8:10 PM
Hallelujah!
Test Subject
#537 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 8:41 PM
same issue
Quote: Originally posted by rabit169
Hi there! I've been trying to use this for a while, I've tried the regular version and the no install version. No matter what I get a dialogue saying "Sims 2 Pack Clean Installer has stopped working. Windows is searching for a solution to the problem". I'm running Windows 7 on my laptop. I've tried looking through the FAQ and the help sections, but I can't seem to find anything. Is there something I'm missing? The program doesn't even start, it's straight away after I click yes on the administrator dialogue box

i too am experiencing the same issue, can anyone help us?
Test Subject
#538 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by abluescarab
I hope so! I found out that with a 64-bit OS and The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, the program doesn't correctly detect my installation and instead detects the folders as "Documents/EA Games/Downloads", "LotCatalogs", etc. (In other words, they aren't in a subfolder called "The Sims 2" at all.) So I've changed up S2Directories.cs (thanks for making it easy to edit the project) to detect both regular Sims 2 installations, Ultimate Collection, and 64-bit installations. The updated file is attached in a zip file. Hope you like it!

Alana, What do I do with the directory file after I extract it? Could this have anything to do with my ultimate edition not recognizing that the last version has been uninstalled? (I already deleted the registry keys, grasping at straws now!)
and super sad about the loss of Mootilda...
Thanks for any help you can give.
Instructor
#539 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 1:06 PM
I'm having the "sims 2 Clean Installer has stopped working" and I've done everything that has been recommended over on the forum. I even reinstalled my game after doing a clean install (going so far as to install from my game discs and not download UC from Origin). Please, if anyone can help resolve this it would be greatly appreciated.

Sure. Fine. Whatever.
Lab Assistant
#540 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 9:45 PM
R.I.P Mootilda
Test Subject
#541 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 4:37 PM
Rip
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#542 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 11:32 PM
thanx, I like it. very useful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#543 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 3:04 PM
May you rest in peace Mootilda, and thank you for all!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#544 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 3:07 PM
Re installing Sms 2 on Windows 8 after not having played for years - have to say a zillion thanks for the time saving software x
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#545 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 6:59 PM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#546 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 6:59 PM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#547 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 10:16 PM
:'( Forever grateful for the content Mootilda made for us
Test Subject
#548 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 10:25 PM
I wish Norton would mind its own business ;'o keeps preventing me from downloading.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#549 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 8:44 PM
merci
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#550 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 3:33 PM
Tank you
Page 22 of 26