Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Which one of these books do you like the best?
The hunger games trilogy
6 18.18%
Twighlight
0 0%
Divergent trilogy
1 3.03%
The fault in our stars
3 9.09%
The Harry potter series
13 39.39%
Never read any
14 42.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 9:00 PM
Default Fictional poll
Which one of these books do you like best?

The hunger games trilogy
Twighlight
Divergent trilogy
The fault in our stars
Harry potter series
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 12:38 AM
Just so y'all are aware, anyone who says Twilight gets a complementary smack in the face with a healthy relationship model.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#3 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 2:02 AM
I've never read any of them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 2:13 AM
Never read any of those and don't want to. I saw about 5 minutes of twilight on the TV in passing and thought what the heck are they standing around in a paddock for? O_o

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Just so y'all are aware, anyone who says Twilight gets a complementary smack in the face with a healthy relationship model.

I like you.
Inventor
#6 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 9:42 AM
Harry Potter. The rest is toilet paper material. I wish Stephenie Meyer had lost her hand.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 11:26 AM
I've got to say its no surprise that twighlight had no votes at all....
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 3:42 PM

From that standpoint I think I'd even prefer Clan of the Cave Bear.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 5:10 PM
I like Harry Potter just as much as I like the Fault in our stars, but I prefer John Greens books to J.K Rowling so I only voted for TFIOS. The Fault in Our Stars kinda disappointed me though in terms of storyline and the obsessive fanbase that claim you "don't care about cancer" if you have anything negative to say about the book. I know not all fans are like that but the small minority that are really like to make themselves known - I much prefer Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns. Harry Potter was a good series, but I'm not really one for magic - although I'm quite imaginative, I prefer reality and although there's a lot that can be taken from HP like the power of friendship and such, the book never grew to be more than just a short-lived Harry Potter phase at 15 before quickly dying out to be replaced by my Portal phase.

As for Twilight, I read the first few pages of it and threw up.
Admittedly that was probably because I get travel sickness in cars and I read it during a 2 hour car ride, but whatever

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 8:32 AM
I can't believe that most people who voted, voted for "never read any"!!!!!

Although. I have to admit I had only read
THG entire trilogy
TFOUS
And I am currently reading Divergent

And can someone tell me if divergent is a trilogy.
I know there is 3 books but I don't know if there will be more.
Theorist
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cotty200
I can't believe that most people who voted, voted for "never read any"!!!!!

Most of these books are so new that even my daughter's too old to have read them. Whenever I'm even seeing most of these books they're in the hands of my nieces, who visit maybe twice a year.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#12 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 9:20 AM

So... with a copy of The Fault in Our Stars, then... The characters are woefully sick, but their relationship is one of mutual respect, support, and even healthy attitudes toward sex and condom use (in the book).

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:21 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:38 PM.
I had a long-running HP phase in my teens (where I hardly read anything but HP). While I love the books, and occasionally take them up again for the sake of nostalgia, I've found other series I also enjoy, and perhaps even enjoy more. I've always liked to read, but HP showed me a new and excing universe of fantasy books that I probably wouldn't have found if I didn't read the books. You can say HP was the proper start of my now quite extensive library, as I on my first trip to England came back home with an extra bag containing the nearly full series in two languages, and it was also my proper introduction to reading books for fun in English, and the first book series that had me rereading anything that was over 300 pages more than twice. Good times, good times.

I enjoyed The Fault in Our Stars, but there are other books I've enjoyed more. It's in my "might pick up again some day" category.

Twilight... Can someone smack that series repeatedly with a fly zapper made of silver and garlic, please? (or, that would perhaps have helped if there were actual werewolves or vamps in that book, but alas...). I've watched 2-3 of the movies, more out of curiosity so I know what I'm talking about when I groan over the hype and those who love it, and it turned out I was right before I even tried to read them (almost fell asleep during at least one of the films, and had the rest running in the background while doing other things, occasionally glancing up, sighing over bad lines or all that awful lot of staring contests, and going back to what I was doing). I came to page two on a leaflet that had the first chapter in it, but it was so badly written and completely uninteresting that I didn't manage to continue past page 3. Might be because I was getting too old for the hype. A friend of mine actually read them (she was challenged or lost a bet or something, it's a long story), and at least one of the books sort of ended up ripped apart and partly burned (I think?) for a photo project, if I remember correctly. As for the follow-up (50 Shades) I'm still of the opinion that the only way anyone would get me to sit through all the books was if Gilbert Gottfried did the audio version (Youtube). I probably wouldn't get any of the content, because I'd be on the floor laughing most of the time.

As for the rest - I don't know anything about Divergent, and Hunger Games (the movie, anyway) failed to capture my interest. I think it was the insanely weird costumes, type Lady Gaga (whom I don't like much), and the kids going around killing other kids for absolutely no good reason because the government says the should. It just sounds wrong to my ears. If it's fighting for actual survival when you have no other choice, then I get it. But as a flashy contest that could have been stopped if there were any sane people in the government? Too weird.