Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drop Out of High School and Get a Real Job

by telford Posted 22nd Jun 2016 at 12:40 AM - Updated 11th Nov 2017 at 11:50 PM by telford

244 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 196 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 10
Inventor
#126 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 2:57 PM
Hey, just wanna let you know that Pandora Sims stole your Mod -.- If you want to do something against it read here The more do something the better :P

~~~ FIND OVER 300+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com ~~~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#127 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 6:59 AM
So~ would this work for custom careers? Probably not, right? I wanted to make a teen who dropped out to pursue a full time modelling career.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#128 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coria15
So~ would this work for custom careers? Probably not, right? I wanted to make a teen who dropped out to pursue a full time modelling career.

No, but its easy to tweak your custom career mod. Open it up in sims 4 studio and wherever it says :
<E>YOUNGADULT</E>
<E>ADULT</E>
<E>ELDER</E>

add in <E>TEEN</E>. Then just make sure you have Cardtaken's Child and Teen can Quit or Rejoin School (NEW: No Auto Enrollment) mod , linked in this mods description, and you're good to go
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#129 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 6:12 PM
Hi Telford! Is it possible to add the careers that came with Dine Out: chef, host, waiter? I'd love to have my Teen sim drop out and help at her parents' diner as a Waitress (I'm also using LittleMsSam's "Hire Family Members at Restaurants" mod). Even if not to that extent, it will be nice to have NPC Teens working in the restaurants, too. Thank you for your time ^^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#130 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jellybellies
Hi Telford! Is it possible to add the careers that came with Dine Out: chef, host, waiter? I'd love to have my Teen sim drop out and help at her parents' diner as a Waitress (I'm also using LittleMsSam's "Hire Family Members at Restaurants" mod). Even if not to that extent, it will be nice to have NPC Teens working in the restaurants, too. Thank you for your time ^^

This should at least allow NPC teens to be hired to work in restaurants, but the mod is untested so I don't know if there will be any conflicts with NPC's working during school hours. A problem I had with Get to Work careers was some interactions were age locked, I did a quick check and didn't see any for Dine Out but if your teen wont bus a table or something that's probably the problem.

The hire family members mod will probably conflict, but if you follow the instructions in the post above yours, all you need is Sims 4 Studio and add the <E>TEEN</E> tag yourself.

Dine Out jobs for Teens Mod
Test Subject
#131 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by telford
This should at least allow NPC teens to be hired to work in restaurants, but the mod is untested so I don't know if there will be any conflicts with NPC's working during school hours. A problem I had with Get to Work careers was some interactions were age locked, I did a quick check and didn't see any for Dine Out but if your teen wont bus a table or something that's probably the problem.

The hire family members mod will probably conflict, but if you follow the instructions in the post above yours, all you need is Sims 4 Studio and add the <E>TEEN</E> tag yourself.

Dine Out jobs for Teens Mod

Ok, thank you for the response! Do you think it'll only pull NPC Teens who aren't enrolled in school/another job? If I don't get any Teens in test restaurants, I'll try to drop out some of my NPC Teens and see if they get pulled after that.

I did try to tweak the Hire Family Members mod in S4S before coming here, and while it allowed me to see and hire my household Teens from the restaurant employee panel, they wouldn't spawn for their works shifts >.< The only workaround I could find so far was aging them up to Young Adult, starting a shift and letting them spawn properly as staff, then aging them back down to Teen. They would continue their work as a Teen but it only lasted as long as I was actively on the lot and they would not spawn again after that ^^"

Anyway, thanks for all your help!
Test Subject
#132 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 10:44 PM
Just to verifty...this mod, Telford's mod, does NOT work with 1.34? I understand the recommendation is to use Triplis's mod. I've tried Triplis's mod, which is wonderful, I'd just rather teens be able to work and go to school at the same time, which is why I loved Telford's mod before parenthood borked it. So again...just to make sure I'm not missing out and I'm understanding everything correctly....Telford's mod is not compatible with 1.34? Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#133 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bernarderin
Just to verifty...this mod, Telford's mod, does NOT work with 1.34? I understand the recommendation is to use Triplis's mod. I've tried Triplis's mod, which is wonderful, I'd just rather teens be able to work and go to school at the same time, which is why I loved Telford's mod before parenthood borked it. So again...just to make sure I'm not missing out and I'm understanding everything correctly....Telford's mod is not compatible with 1.34? Thanks!

My (Telford's) stop going to school mod broke which is why you need the other drop out mod; but my teens having adult jobs mods still work with 1.34.
Test Subject
#134 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 3:32 PM Last edited by ein457 : 10th Nov 2017 at 3:12 PM.
Needs an Update
They can apply for adult jobs but wont go when its time to go to work.
Test Subject
#135 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 4:01 PM
This mod is now out of date. The recent patch, 1.36, has broken functionality. Verified that this is not a Triplis mod conflict (that mod has been updated for this patch), or really any other mod conflict. This is the only mod in my library that hasn't been updated since the patch...
Test Subject
#136 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ccranke
This mod is now out of date. The recent patch, 1.36, has broken functionality. Verified that this is not a Triplis mod conflict (that mod has been updated for this patch), or really any other mod conflict. This is the only mod in my library that hasn't been updated since the patch...

What's not functioning? I started an entirely new family, and when having my teen look for a job, I had the option of all of the adult jobs... But I've never been around for a huge patch like this one, and I'm not sure how far I have to check for functionality... :/
Test Subject
#137 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bookworm9012
What's not functioning? I started an entirely new family, and when having my teen look for a job, I had the option of all of the adult jobs... But I've never been around for a huge patch like this one, and I'm not sure how far I have to check for functionality... :/

They can apply for jobs but when its time to go to work they wont.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#138 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 11:51 PM
Updated for 1.36, redownload and relpace the old files
Test Subject
#139 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 10:30 PM
Thank You !
This mod works perfectly for all jobs, no bugs, no freezes, no last exception.
So yes, Maestro Telford, THANK YOU for sharing your excellent work !
Test Subject
#140 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 9:39 AM
Hello i downloaded your mod and it works but i can only access getting a job through the computer now....any suggestions?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#141 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bonofie3
Hello i downloaded your mod and it works but i can only access getting a job through the computer now....any suggestions?

Hi, your problem is most likely to do with the Child and Teen can Quit or Rejoin School mod, remove the old version (both .package and .ts4script) and redownload it and see what happens.
Test Subject
#142 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 4:39 PM
Ok, this literally doesn't work for me? What am I doing so wrong? I downloaded the MOD where it allows me to drop out of school and rejoin, and I have downloaded the mods to get a job and placed everything in my mods folder, however although it allows me to drop out of school, when I try and make my teen get a job, it still only displays teen jobs? PLEASE HELP! Btw, I have every expansion pack and stuff packs.
Test Subject
#143 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ptb521
Thank You !
This mod works perfectly for all jobs, no bugs, no freezes, no last exception.
So yes, Maestro Telford, THANK YOU for sharing your excellent work !

How did you download it? I am doing everything told yet still not working
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#144 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 2:48 AM Last edited by telford : 8th Jan 2018 at 6:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by mhsimsim
Ok, this literally doesn't work for me? What am I doing so wrong? I downloaded the MOD where it allows me to drop out of school and rejoin, and I have downloaded the mods to get a job and placed everything in my mods folder, however although it allows me to drop out of school, when I try and make my teen get a job, it still only displays teen jobs? PLEASE HELP! Btw, I have every expansion pack and stuff packs.

Hi, sorry to hear you're having trouble. I haven't been paying sims in a while; it doesn't look like there's been any major updates that would break the mod but I'll update my game and see if the mod is broken on my end. If you could double check that you unzipped the .7z files and placed the .package files in your mods folder, and that they are not in too many nested folders. If that doesn't work try both the computer and phone to get a job or try a cheat to add a job to your teen.

Edit: Also do you have any other mods that could conflict, it would mostly be job related mods? If you do try removing all your mods except this one (and the drop out mod) and see if they work.
Edit 2: I've spot checked my mod and nothing seems to have changed since the last update; also I was able to give my teen an adult job using the current mods. This leads me to believe that you have a mod conflict somewhere.
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 6:24 AM Last edited by kamyk : 25th Jan 2018 at 8:04 AM.
I see things have changed a bit since I asked you for an A grade version. Haven't played in a while and just updated my sims4 with all the newer game releases. I note that your directions now say, "download any of..." I have base game, get to work, and city living, does that mean I download all three job mods or do I only download one of them? And should I still download the Cas unlocks or no? I'm guessing download all three, but "download any of" is a bit vague, so I want to check. Thank you for keeping the jobs part updated

Edit:Nvm, didn't see it said in the description. Thank you

Is the glass half empty or half full? Who cares when the glass is broken.
Test Subject
#146 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 12:17 AM Last edited by Jozo007 : 29th Mar 2018 at 12:40 AM.
Hi i downloaded both "out of school" and "adult jobs 4 teens" base game mods and they dont work in game, can't get a job with phone,comp, nothing, i dont have any other job related mods (only a few create-a-sim mods) so not sure what could be a conflict... and i heard that script mods shouldn't be unzipped, so i didnt unzip the one with .ts4script ,only put it in mods folder... can U tell me which exactly should i unzip and which only to put ? Thanks.
PS nevermind i can using cheats :D
Test Subject
#147 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 2:04 AM
Thanks, Telford, for making this mod. However, it seems to no longer work with Cats and Dogs. My version is 1.43.14.1220. The Seasons expansion pack is also due out. I would be very grateful if this mod could be updated to work with the latest versions. I have a particular storyline that badly needs the ability for a teen to get an adult career.
Test Subject
#148 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 8:25 PM
Is this mod compatible for the Seasons expansion pack? I really would like to see my teen sims being able to be a botanist or florist.
Test Subject
#149 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 8:54 PM
with this installed in the current latest version of sims 4 (1.44 i think we are up to?) my sims (townie or one i made myself) will not go to work automatically and i cant tell them to go to work cuz the interaction was not there at all. but if i simply remove the 4 files for adult jobs for teens (or whatever they are called) then everything is fine and all sims go to work like they should automatically or i can tell them to go to work ...
Test Subject
#150 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 9:02 AM
update please mod dlc seasons available ????
Page 6 of 10