Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2016 at 1:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How do I keep animals from being made in SP
In the games options I unchecked pets and horses. Start new game and yet I see wild horses and see pet adoptions and sometimes see pets. I thought unchecking those options kept them out! What do I do to stop them from coming into town unless they're with a premade household I move into my town myself or my family with its pet?
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2016 at 6:54 PM
The setting in SP only prevents the game from adding pets to households as permanent additions.

The pet adoption system (the yellow map tag that switches households on a regular basis) is not affected by this. You can turn this off with the NRaas Overwatch mod.

Neither are wild animals affected by this. You can control and turn these off with the NRaas Register mod.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 2:05 AM Last edited by t888 : 23rd Nov 2016 at 8:56 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
The setting in SP only prevents the game from adding pets to households as permanent additions.

The pet adoption system (the yellow map tag that switches households on a regular basis) is not affected by this. You can turn this off with the NRaas Overwatch mod.

Neither are wild animals affected by this. You can control and turn these off with the NRaas Register mod.

I do have overwatch though before I turned off the settings allowing pets they still appeared. When I first started a new game I still saw 1 adoption at first, now it seems there are none but yet I see this from errortrap:

SimDescription Removed: Socks Cat
SimDescription Removed: Carnitas Horse
SimDescription Removed: Cheech Dog
SimDescription Removed: Grimalkin Cat
SimDescription Removed: Star Horse
SimDescription Removed: Aires Horse
SimDescription Removed: Fareed Horse
SimDescription Removed: Cartridge Horse
SimDescription Removed: Cleo Little Dog

How can that be unless they are there somewhere?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 9:16 AM
Sometimes the game is faster in starting the adoption system and adds pets to a household before Overwatch kicks in and removes these pets again. It may take a while for Overwatch and ErrorTrap to completely erase any reference to these pets. It should stop after a few days.

What you are seeing in the ErrorTrap log, however, is the names of the animals that were available from the regular adoption screen that any Sim can access from their phones and computers and the newspaper, and in the case of horses also from the equestrian centre. These animals will not appear in the world and exist only there as a name, a thumbnail image and a character description, unless you adopt one of them yourself. And as they change on a regular basis and these animals are replaced by others ErrorTrap is simply cleaning out their leftovers.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 10:58 PM
For more detail and options scroll down on this page to How can I control the number of animals in my town?
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Sometimes the game is faster in starting the adoption system and adds pets to a household before Overwatch kicks in and removes these pets again. It may take a while for Overwatch and ErrorTrap to completely erase any reference to these pets. It should stop after a few days.

What you are seeing in the ErrorTrap log, however, is the names of the animals that were available from the regular adoption screen that any Sim can access from their phones and computers and the newspaper, and in the case of horses also from the equestrian centre. These animals will not appear in the world and exist only there as a name, a thumbnail image and a character description, unless you adopt one of them yourself. And as they change on a regular basis and these animals are replaced by others ErrorTrap is simply cleaning out their leftovers.

Ah, that is good to know then! Thank you a lot for that information!

Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
For more detail and options scroll down on this page to How can I control the number of animals in my town?

Thank you!