Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:19 PM
Default Changes to the site
Hi All,

In order to better accomodate our Challenge entrants, and to help everybody get into the feel, we have decided to change the site around a little bit.

From now and for the next 2 weeks, the entire website is here to help you get into the medieval mindset!

I suggest you dig out your Olde English dictionaries, and watch out for people peeing from the houses and dumping chamber pots on you.

Yours in kingship,
Delphinius The Great

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
6 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:20 PM
We know you're the king, as you're the only one who hasn't got shit all over him.
Test Subject
#3 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:25 PM
-scratches me head- where do i find an old english dictionary? This may as well be greek to me...LOL!!

"When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
Theorist
#4 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:31 PM
Myth Brein hath reploded inst the weeping staggerarsy oft the serf's siten, anst aye likent what aye saw.

Thasts ist all.

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Helptato
#5 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:32 PM
ROFL!
This isn't the April fool's joke, is it?

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Test Subject
#6 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:30 PM
If I wanted to speak old English I would have majored in it! If I wanted to read it I would break out William Shakespeare. It should be OPTIONAL!!! PLEASE?! I'm getting a headache from mentally translating all this and it is my day off. I want to ENJOY....Not work harder.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:30 PM
Thought I was losing my mind, pages were changing over before my very eyes. Must walk down to the local mart for a pint of ale.
Instructor
#8 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:35 PM
I move that the help forums be made modern. Because if you can't understand what is being asked, how can you answer it?
Theorist
#9 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ghostwrytr
If I desired unto speak olde English I wouldst hast majored in it! If I desired unto read it I wouldst break out William Shakespeare. It shouldst be OPTIONAL!!! PLEASE?! I'm getting a headache from mentally translating all this an it beist mine daye off. I desire unto ENJOY....Not work harder.

Chechque the date upon thy's callemander

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#10 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:31 PM
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#11 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:32 PM
I must admit, I didst notte understand a dang thing I just read..er readeth?

edit: ROFL, instant translation ftw!
Instructor
#12 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:37 PM
Oh, and another things, the categories in the forums (for example, Sims 2 and 3 in the picture forum) don't work, as the url of the sorted page has not changed with the theme, but the link to it has.
retired moderator
#13 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:38 PM
Astrognash - people can wait one day in the sake of fun and silliness to get help. Or sort it out - it's not that hard to comprehend the meanings.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Theorist
#14 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
We knowe thou art ye king, as thou art ye but one who hasn't got shyte all over him.

Such great amusmenth beest given byst thee's quote oft the Amusing tales; this amumentst only canst be hast given byst the most noble queen!

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Forum Resident
#15 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:38 PM
Great idea. I canst quite understand everything now but it's thus much merriment

One smalle thing, Gaul wast notte called Gaul anymore during ye medieval/tudor era. It twas already ye Realm of ye Franks. So I'm notte from Gaul :p
Mad Poster
#16 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:37 PM
To Hell with those who do not understand, Let's all drink and be merry! This is Great!!
Instructor
#17 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:41 PM
Ah, but Gaul is a more general term applying to most of modern day F-R-A-N-C-E. Back in ye olden days, they distinguished between F-r-a-n-c-e proper, and Gascony, Normandy, Brittany, Acquitaine, etc.

And the system cannot get specific regions out of such a general term as F-R-A-N-C-E.
retired moderator
#18 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:42 PM
Oh, if we were going for accuracy, nobody would be able to understand anything here at all. It's just silly.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#19 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:42 PM
Good morrow faire lords and ladies! I liketh what ye have done with thine site. Mine soul is old and doth long for the days of old, the era pleases mine heart. Soon I shall joineth the Challenge!

Feast thine eyes upon yonder site. It doth have much knowledge: http://www.renfaire.com/Language/index.html
Field Researcher
#20 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:43 PM
i read slow enough as it is and this just slows me down more! it's fun though haha. i wish there was an old english to modern english translator to make things simpler but i could only find sites that translated one word at a time, no phrases. =P
and i agree at first glance i thought i had gone nuts until i realized everyone's posts were like that ha
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#21 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:46 PM
þās āwendednes eart micel. Ic lufie hū se steall besēon nū

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Field Researcher
#22 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:42 PM
Wiki! Wiki! I mean, witchcraft! Witchcraft!
Instructor
#23 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:55 PM
Okay, I'm totally lost by the variable option of a word I can only assume to be "today".
Instructor
#24 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:56 PM
Major win.....doth love it! Can't stop mirthing :D
Eminence Grise
#25 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 9:52 PM
AAAAAHHHHH be glad if you don't know any old English, or more accurately Middle English (which is I think what the target here really is), or your head would explode from the grammatical errors

I love it though, and I also love the site theme! Let's keep it brown!
Page 1 of 8