Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 5:30 AM
Default Large castle with courtyard/keep...
I've noticed a lot of castles poking up on the site, so I hope no one minds my adding yet another...

I've been reading The Riftwar Saga by Raymond E. Feist, so I've been really getting back into the whole castle/medieval life and feel of the world, and so I was inspired to do a castle...

My intention was to try and get one with outer protective walls and a keep, and try and make it interesting as well. Right now, it's only the building itself with a few entrance decorations, but as you'll see I haven't even added anything in the courtyards or anything, so it does look pretty plain.

My hope in your feedback is to get good, constructive tips on how I might better this castle. If you know of any good stone textures you think would be better and what-not, that would help.

Unfortunately I don't intend to use custom rooving for this. I did give it a try and got it to look decent, but I just didn't think it worked with the over-all theme of the castle (mostly because I don't have the floor tile designs right for that sort of thing, I think).

Please let me know what you think =o)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 7:01 AM
Cool man. Good job. I like the house in the mid
Field Researcher
#3 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 9:59 AM
It looks fantastic. You did a great job
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AccioJosh
. . .If you know of any good stone textures

First of all - I like your castle just the way it is!
(How did you manage to get the one tower connected with the roof of the house?)
But if you are looking for stone textures: I love the ones, that come with Cyclonsue's Hump-backed-house and her castles. (Can be found on the download-side "building -residential") Most of all these stonewalls fit nearly perfectly well with the dark stonebalustrades/stonewalls (don't know the right word for it) of Maxis.
On the roofs you could also use a wall (for the higher elements) and the balustrade/stonewall (for the lower ones) - that fits together well.
If there would be a floor looking like roof-tiles, that would be perfect. I am looking for it since I was "introduced" in the boolprop-work on these sides, but I didn't get a really nice one up to now.
So read some more books with castleliving, to do some more fine castles like this one!
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 9:23 AM
Boy that's beautiful. I'd be willing to download it as is. Please tell me it won't require University.
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 10:47 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!! Where is the link to download it? I would love to have it in my game. Thanks so much
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 8:19 AM
This really is beautiful. I got on the site today and did a search for castles lookings for walls and floors to use to build a castle I am planning but now that I have seen this I will hold off until I can get this in my game! It is almost EXACTLY what I was planning to build and I love it!

I hope you put it up for download very soon!

Silk stockings, What bliss they recall,
When love promised all, Forever more . . .
Cole Porter - 1954
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 8:52 AM
Wow. That looks amazing. Can't wait to see it up for download.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 10:07 PM
*chants* download download download......
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 5:50 AM
Looks alot like Ruthmoor
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 5:55 AM
Download?

*puppy dog eyes*
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsjeanie
...(How did you manage to get the one tower connected with the roof of the house?)...

If you look closely you will see that the shadow color is almost the same as the roof of the house. They aren't connected, but it would be cool if they were!

NEW! LESS SUCKS SIGNATURE!

COLOR TAGS ACTUALLY REMOVED!
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Dec 2005 at 7:26 PM
Please Download Pretty Pretty Please!!

money can't buy you happiness... but it can buy you marshmallows... which are basically the same thing - Finna
Field Researcher
#14 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 11:04 PM
Where's the download? I've searched high and low for decent castles and I find this one- PERFECT for what I need- and there's no download link! What's the point of showing us if it's not up for grabs?

COMING SOON:
Rogues' Gallery: Pirates of the Caribbean Simmi-fied!
[Currently on hiatus until talent is found to help]
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#15 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 11:16 PM Last edited by tkdjunkie : 20th Dec 2005 at 12:29 AM.
In case you haven't noticed, this was posted over 9 months ago. I dunno what's wrong with you people ... nobody reads dates around here.

The author hasn't been active on the site for over a month. (Hello? If you made something 9 months ago, would you want to post it now? No, you'd hate it by now ... Logic comes into play at some point -- at least it does for most people anyway.)

So asking stupid questions like that is really a waste of your time and everyone else's. Congrats! :D

Thread locked.

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
Locked thread | Locked by: tkdjunkie Reason: read DATES please