Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 9:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How do you reliably get the Almanac of time?
Since I started playing the sims 3 again, I've been having trouble with this one opportunity, It is the one were you inspect the time portal, it starts up, Emit Relevart comes out of the Portal, he gives you the time almanac, then the opportunity screen comes up where you help Emit repair the time portal, then viola, you can travel to the future, Except I've only successfully been able to do this 3 times in over 40 saved games!!!! is this a bug from maxis or do I have a conflicting download?

I have quite a few NRASS mods just to make the game playable, a few mods that alter Occults like Vampires and Mermaids (one was a vampire mod that removed the sparkles from immortal vampires and other things, the other one was a mod that removes the drying up moodlet from mermaids being outside), plus mods that add new functions to things like fridges, witches, fairy's, and other mods that correct the game.

Could some one help me on this, I want my sims to be able to travel to the future in all my saved games consistently?
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 11:11 PM
So far I haven't had any issues with this opportunity.
To test whether it is something in your files I'd suggest to move your The Sims 3 folder out of the Electronic Arts folder in Documents and place it on your Desktop. Launch the game now. It will create a completely fresh The Sims 3 folder. Start a test game and have your test Sim inspect the portal and complete the opportunity and travel to the future. I'd start several test games after that and if the opportunity works all of the times then it's perhaps time to troubleshoot your regular user folder.
To get that back just delete the new test folder and put your old The Sims 3 folder back into Electronic Arts in Documents.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 11:46 PM
I eventually found out that that it was possibly NRASS Master Controller, That being said, when removing NRASS MC and all of its modules, I was able to get the Time Almanac, but when I tried to travel to the future, I somehow ended up at the Very Same Lot as when I entered the portal, I tried going several times but the same result, the loading screen works just fine, but when it finally loads . . . I'm back where I started (in my hometown world, and on the very same lot that the portal appeared, and where I'd travel to the future from).

On another note, how on earth do you place Regular Stairs from a Basement to the basement above it, I've only sporadically been successful at this, I actually stopped working on a lot because of this, and stopped working on another lot to ask for help on advice or a tutorial for how to do it (It says that you can't place the stairs because stairs can't be placed through walls, but the stairs are not intersecting anything, in fact they don't even snap to the grid at all {I'm almost POSITIVE that this is a bug that EA/Maxis never fixed, because I removed almost all of my mods and the result was the exact same result every time I tried to build a regular stair case from a basement to a upper basement {esentially I'm trying to place the stairs an a basement below a basement}]). If any one else has these problems, or think they might know whats causing it, I'd be Eternally Grateful to any one who does?