Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 5:10 AM Last edited by lloyd118 : 26th Jul 2016 at 5:20 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Pets, Seasons
Default delete dcbackup?
Hello, apparently its safe to delete every thing in dcbackup accept ccmerged, but if I make a lot im worried others won't get the cc I'm very anxious as I have 1,279 files in there and am scared to delete a lot of files I don't know what they are :'( Also can I delete stuff from the sims 3, downloads folder?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 7:31 AM
Well, yes, if you want the CC to be included in your exported lot, you'll have to keep the files you find in DCBackup.

A note, if you intend to share on MTS, you must credit and link to the original creator/download page of all the CC included in your lots. And it is recommended to clean up your Sims3pack with Custard.
So, in a way, not having the CC included in you lot is actually okay in this particular case?

You can also delete everything in your Downloads folder, as it only serve as a way for the Launcher to read Sims3packs that need to be installed.
However, I would recommend keeping a copy of your Sims3packs somewhere on your computer or an external hard drive, in case you have to reinstall them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 5:17 PM Last edited by lloyd118 : 26th Jul 2016 at 6:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Blyss
Well, yes, if you want the CC to be included in your exported lot, you'll have to keep the files you find in DCBackup.

A note, if you intend to share on MTS, you must credit and link to the original creator/download page of all the CC included in your lots. And it is recommended to clean up your Sims3pack with Custard.
So, in a way, not having the CC included in you lot is actually okay in this particular case?

You can also delete everything in your Downloads folder, as it only serve as a way for the Launcher to read Sims3packs that need to be installed.
However, I would recommend keeping a copy of your Sims3packs somewhere on your computer or an external hard drive, in case you have to reinstall them.
Thanks for such an informative answer, can you tell me what custard is? Also are you sure it's fine to delete everything accept ccmereged in dcbackup? Won't it affect my mods and cc?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 6:27 PM
I can confirm. I always empty both folders after I am done installing Sims3packs. And as Blyss advised, I then move all the sims3packs to a safe place. The contents of the DCBackup though, ends up in the bin

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
#5 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 7:51 PM
Delphy's Custard is a program that can open Sims3packs individually to see what's packed inside them.
And it's also useful to check for unwanted CC that could get clandestinely packed or make sure a lot is CC-free.

You can have more information in this post by Crinrict.

And while I'm here, I don't know if you've already seen, but if you feel like posting your lot on MTS, here are the Creator Guidelines. This page will tell you everything you need like the criteria considered when approving a post or what needs to figure in your description, etc.

You can also check the Creator Feedback forum and make a new thread with your creation, you'll certainly get some useful tips, if you wanted.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blyss
Delphy's Custard is a program that can open Sims3packs individually to see what's packed inside them.
And it's also useful to check for unwanted CC that could get clandestinely packed or make sure a lot is CC-free.

You can have more information in this post by Crinrict.

And while I'm here, I don't know if you've already seen, but if you feel like posting your lot on MTS, here are the Creator Guidelines. This page will tell you everything you need like the criteria considered when approving a post or what needs to figure in your description, etc.

You can also check the Creator Feedback forum and make a new thread with your creation, you'll certainly get some useful tips, if you wanted.

I'm very sorry for posting a lot but i get very anxious as my game has been very difficult lately so i really don't know where else to glo
Instructor
#7 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 9:30 PM Last edited by Blyss : 27th Jul 2016 at 9:55 AM.
Oh no! Don't apologise!
I completely understand wanting to make sure all your bases are covered.

I was only pointing you those ways because they'll certainly explain better than I can and give you more indepth information, if it does concern something that could interest you in the future.

Edit: Sorry, I just now realised that you asked another question in one of your previous post!

And to reply: yes, it's completely fine to delete everything except the ccmerged package, as it contains information for your Store premium content (recipes, skills and such). If you deleted it, it could cause those items to malfunction (missing meshes, no interaction, etc.).

But in case you deleted it by mistake, you can always re-install your content or NonaMena shared her own ccmerged package in this post.

DCBakcup packages are only duplicates of files that are going to be in your DCCache folder, where you're Sims3packs end up when they get installed.