Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Delphy's Download Organiser - v1.2.6365 updated 6th June 2017

by Tashiketh Posted 11th Apr 2007 at 3:54 PM - Updated 25th Jul 2020 at 4:57 PM by Tashiketh : Updated bbcode for headers

1661 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1565 Feedback Posts, 95 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 67
Test Subject
#76 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:36 PM
wow, this is amazing. I was just trying to organize my stuff yesterday lol... now its so much easier. Thanks soooo much :D

Kate is cool... My Blog.
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:41 PM
Thank you very much. What would we do without people like you?
Greatest Dad Ever
#78 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiuMiu1993
Can someone say how long it scans the package files? Does it scan as long as the S2PCI ?
[I have 17000 downloads[5 GB's]

I was the personal MEGA DOWNLOADS folder tester for the speed of this program and it scanned my downloads folder of 34,000+ files and 12 GB in about 8 minutes and on a slow computer with about 40-60 files per second , so this should be pretty darn fast for MOST users !!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:46 PM
this looks good just what i need thankyou
Scholar
#80 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:51 PM
It's incredible how dedicated you are, Delphy, to our pleasure and confort ! Thank you very much !

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Test Subject
#81 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:51 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah... I've just read 3 pages of people kissing your feet and giving you praise...and now I have to join them!

This is absolutely great! I can't wait to get the rar open and get this thing working on my massive downloads folder. It'll be nice not to see all those default maxis looking thumbnails in my CAS screen because all of the meshes I have inadvertently deleted.

Many KUDOS and THANKS to you!!! :D
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:52 PM
Ahhh! Can a kiss you? :* Only last night I was wishing for something like this. I've been so fed up with my downloads folder that I've seriously been considering deleting everything and starting over (but haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet), and now I don't have to. Thank you for all the work you do to make our game-play better. :lovestruc
Test Subject
#83 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:56 PM
This is amazing! I've been wanting something like this for so long, thanks a million!

"Do you smell it? That smell. A kind of smelly smell. The smelly smell that smells... smelly. "
- Mr. Krabs
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:57 PM
I could kiss you. I'll have to settle for a ascii <3 lol.

Thanks for this, it's been desperately needed.

Runway clothing for your sims Doursim
Field Researcher
#85 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phantomgremlock
Hi Delphy,

I just started running for the first time and I keep getting this pop-up. Could you please tell me what I'm doing wrong/ I'm guessing it has to do with the folders? Is this normal? I already know I'm not normal LOL!!!

-thanks again ^^

Thanks for the update, the same thing happened again but this time only once and it happened just before it finished loading the downloads folder.

Glad to test these for you Delphy, great work

Say "Keep your neighborhood User Friendly ^^
Test Subject
#86 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 6:58 PM
Thank you Delphy! This is surely a much needed tool. I may be completely blond here but I have a question:
- I scan for orphans, but...
How do I know which files are orphans so that I can delete them?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#87 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by carrie640
ETA...yes, I do see where it tells you what TYPE they are (recolor, etc...but how do I know if I have the mesh or not?? I mean, I do have some things that blink in the game and I want to get them out!)

Objects will say "Recolour of...." and then some details about the mesh. BodyShop items don't have that, so it's a bit harder to try and track down.

Quote: Originally posted by MiuMiu1993
Can someone say how long it scans the package files? Does it scan as long as the S2PCI ?
[I have 17000 downloads[5 GB's]

I can scan 7,671 files in 10.10 seconds with an average of 872 files per second. If it's taking ages, you might want to defrag your drive - this will help your game too. As tigdad said, he can scan 34k downloads in 8 mins or so... so it's pretty fast.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Field Researcher
#88 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daysies
When you right-click on the file, there is no menu option to rename. Delphy will have to say if he can add it in future release.

Thanks Miss Daysies, I appreciate the information. :*)

~JJ~
Looking for a forum to host your creations? Let's talk. PM me or email me from my site below.

Check out Lucentsims :*) And our forums.
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:03 PM
This tool is amazing. Thanks bunches! I have already been able to use it to organize some of my downloads into subfolders, however it is only showing 11 of my 200 subfolders and I get these error messages.

People who like this sort of thing will find this is the sort of thing they like. -Abraham Lincoln
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:04 PM
This rock Delphy! Thank you so much for not just this, but for all you do in the Simming community!
Test Subject
#91 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:08 PM Last edited by Jerry123 : 11th Apr 2007 at 7:37 PM.
Everyone who says he is God is SO (--) WRONG!! He is NOT God, God is his SLAVE!

... I'd like to double click the Post Thanks button now...

Oh well, I'll just super-thank you this way:

(byethost seems to be doing weird with my images right now.. if you don't see an image here just enter http://jerrythafast.byethost18.com/super_thanks.gif in your address bar.)

EDIT: though after posting I resized the DDO screen...
http://jerrythafast.byethost18.com/searchddo.jpg (the image does not appear for me if I click this link, so just copy-paste the URL)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#92 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:13 PM
phantomgremlock, can you give me the screenshot from the one that errors on you when you scan?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#93 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:11 PM
ok i've just started scanning! I LUV U SO MUCH this is a totally amazing creation for me as, on beginning my scan i discovered that i have 13300 files in my dl folder - and thats not in all the other separate sets of folders stored on a differnt computer!
ty so much!

Speak out against the Iraq war, you go Dixie Chicks!!
I have great respect for you girls
Test Subject
#94 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:12 PM
Thank you very much! This is so HELPFUL!!!!

No Rest For The Wicked
Field Researcher
#95 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:16 PM
What a brilliant idea! Thanks
Test Subject
#96 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:17 PM
First of all, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I'm going to continue to smooch your hiney like everyone else. This is exactly what my game needed. I have 2g (6300 packages) and it took a lil over 2 minutes to scan my entire dl folder. I have been crashing constantly since I installed my last download rampage, along with Seasons. I do however, have a few questions. I suppose one question can sum it up though... when will the userguide be up and running? I'm having an awful time figuring out how to do everything.
Instructor
#97 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:18 PM
... Can I have it in a zip file please! :D

Hehe, jsut kidding, nice one Big D!

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Test Subject
#98 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:18 PM
THANK YOU. really, THANK YOU.
Test Subject
#99 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:18 PM
Delphy, I can't even tell you how fabulous this is... well, I'm sure you know. I'm checking for orphans right now and already used it to delete 54 duplicates! So far so good! Thank you a million times over!
#100 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:18 PM
Right sweet man its finaly here, thanks alot Mr. Delph!

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Page 4 of 67