Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CAS Texture+Unitool v1.9.3569 r131 (Updated 9th October 2009 - Now works on OS X and Linux!)

by CTU Team Posted 18th Aug 2009 at 11:31 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 4:07 PM by Nysha

790 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 729 Feedback Posts, 60 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 30 of 32
Test Subject
#726 Old 3rd Sep 2013 at 3:26 AM
So I installed this quite a while ago and it worked but now suddenly every time I go to open it, it says it's stopped working right away. I have all the stuff it needs..
Test Subject
#727 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 1:38 AM
I'm trying to create eyebrows on a mac and CTU is not working... Like when I go to open the said file it just turns into an empty folder..... HELP?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#728 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 1:01 PM
At first I couldn't move the CTU rar into the same folder as the CasParts rar, but when I right clicked the CTU rar and used "Extract to... (folder)" instead of simply dragging the files, it worked fine for whatever reason. It now runs perfectly on my Windows 7. Thank you so much for this! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#729 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 4:50 PM
I'm having the same problem as other users on Windows 8, and am unable to use the 3D version. The no-3D version does work, but the one thing I need to use CTU to do requires the 3D preview (check polycount). Any chance of an update for Windows 8?
Lab Assistant
#730 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 3:45 AM
I noticed that the download description specifies that CTU doesn't handle default replacements "by default," a specification which indicates that it does, in fact, handle them if particular steps are taken? Likewise, Whiterider/Nysha's thread with respect to her tutorial on using CTU to create defaults indicates that the "latest" version of CTU will prompt for the option to create a default when "save as" is used. I don't get this option, however, whether I start with a file within CTU or extract a default with S3OC and open that (which would be preferable, so I could do the same for EP content). Have I done something incorrectly?
Lab Assistant
#731 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 5:19 PM
Default It works for windows 7?
This isn't compatible with windows 7 right?
When I try to load the program it appears a window saying the program has to close and an error happenned... is it compatibility the problem?
Mad Poster
#732 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by argos93
This isn't compatible with windows 7 right?
When I try to load the program it appears a window saying the program has to close and an error happenned... is it compatibility the problem?

It runs on my Windows 7 machine.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#733 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 8:00 PM
Default DirectX End-User Runtime
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
It runs on my Windows 7 machine.

Yeah! I just found that I Have to install DirectX End-User Runtime.
Test Subject
#734 Old 12th Dec 2013 at 9:51 PM
CTU won't let me retexture a certain hair after I cloned it using S3OC, it shows this message:
Test Subject
#735 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 3:57 PM
I'm trying to download this but there's no download button why?
Mad Poster
#736 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xXLeviXx
I'm trying to download this but there's no download button why?

You need to click on the File tab.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#737 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 8:11 AM
I am running the no-3d version for mac using Wine to run the .exe file, and it can't find any meshes at all. Even though I extracted cas parts in the same folder as ctu, and followed all the instructions. Help anyone?
Lab Assistant
#738 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 4:39 PM
This thing is irritating me to death. After figuring out exactly where and how the extracted files need to be arranged (winrar does not extract folders where no folder chain exists), I fire the thing up and it wants a creator name. Ok, no problem or so I think. It will not accept anything I type in. It keeps complaining that I need to input a creator name and hit the agree button, which I have done....dozens of times. When I close the app, it "stops working".I give up, recycle bin here it comes.
Instructor
#739 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lavsm
Hopefully this will help some people who can't get it to run on Windows 7:

.net 2.0 is included with Win 7, so no need to install. The link in the original post does not give you the correct version of DirectX--this is the one you need. Unzip and run DXSETUP.exe and you should be all set. This fixed my problem with the program crashing on startup.

I completely forgot I had asked about this. Glad I came back finally and checked again. This DID fix the issue I was having. Thanks for the link. Works a treat now on Win7.
Banned
THANKS POST
#740 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 4:32 PM
You're awesome Delphy! Love ya! Thanks soooo much for this! ♡ Mira xo
Test Subject
#741 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by adriheart
I am having the same problem. It doesn't open and says CTU has stopped working. I have windows 8 and every other program seems to work just fine.

Same problem here. I'm running Windows Vista 64 bit. I get this error with all of Delpy's programs. Custard, Unitool and Dashboard.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#742 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 10:21 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#743 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 3:26 AM
Default Clarification
Quote: Originally posted by piggypeach
I am running the no-3d version for mac using Wine to run the .exe file, and it can't find any meshes at all. Even though I extracted cas parts in the same folder as ctu, and followed all the instructions. Help anyone?

To clarify, you followed all of the instructions in this post and placed the casparts folder INSIDE the main CTU folder? I know it says to extract them to the same folder, but I run this with mono and ran into a similar problem; it turns out the program was trying to access a path that didn't exist until I moved the casparts folder, and then it worked fine.
THANKS POST
#744 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 6:31 PM
Cool program. Thanks for creating it. Now I can create things for my game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#745 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 7:30 AM
Thank you !!!
Test Subject
#746 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 5:27 PM Last edited by Bily jednorozec : 17th Apr 2014 at 6:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Originally Posted by lavsm
Hopefully this will help some people who can't get it to run on Windows 7:
.net 2.0 is included with Win 7, so no need to install. The link in the original post does not give you the correct version of DirectX--this is the one you need. Unzip and run DXSETUP.exe and you should be all set. This fixed my problem with the program crashing on startup.

Quote: Originally posted by k2m1too
I completely forgot I had asked about this. Glad I came back finally and checked again. This DID fix the issue I was having. Thanks for the link. Works a treat now on Win7.

This gives me hope: 2nd re-downloading this CTU tool today (I wanna fix EA's famous "Fabulous Floral dress"), following instructions in Overview page and "Stopped working" message on startup. It never worked on my PC. I'm running without problems Multiinstaller, Dashboard and Custard, as well S3PE and S3oC. Win 7; 64 bit.
Sorry for a sheep question: I'm not so much PC-Whizz ... this mediafire DirectX ... it will override recent version of DirectX on my PC?
I've been unpatient and I've installed this correct mediafire DirectX. However I've got error on system, before finishing installation of this old DirectX, happened miracle CTU opened for the 1st time on my PC (Now I'm going to read CTU tutorials for unlock this EA's hidden treasure on "Fabulous Floral dress")
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#747 Old 3rd May 2014 at 2:22 PM
All I want to do is make simple recolors. This looks like a great tool to start with.
Test Subject
#748 Old 18th May 2014 at 3:32 PM
I'm having a simple, but quite annoying problem with textures and stencils. I've tried googling but I just can't find a solution.

So, I'm trying to create tattoos as accessory, so no mesh needed. When I'm replacing the texture in the stencil pool to my own one, it just doesn't appear. Or actually, I can see the key changes so it must load it, but I can't see anything in the preview, though the texture file should be done correctly. And so on, my tattoos don't show up in game, but rather I just install the gloves again I'm was going to replace with the tattoos. So I have this file in my game, but it's just the gloves with a CC icon in the thumbnails corner.

Any help?
Test Subject
#749 Old 27th May 2014 at 11:36 PM
how do i add clothes from other expansions to this? i thought you just went options > add and then find the fullbuild for each EP but the clothes won't show up. i'm sure the answer is somewhere in these 32 pages, but i don't have the patience to look through them all. i'm getting so irritated with this program i honestly give up i've tried making sims clothes for ages now and nothing works
THANKS POST
#750 Old 28th May 2014 at 12:41 AM
thanks
Page 30 of 32