Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 9:00 AM
Default The Elemental/Goddess legacy
I'm three generations into a legacy and the lull has hit.. (plus, my third gen just reached teenage years and grandma still hasn't died..she's 200 days old and the age is set to normal!!? I can't decide if it's hilarious or if I want to off her already.) So I thought up a new challenge! It's somewhat similar to the perfect genetics challenge, but I believe different enough to warrant posting, in case anyone else wants to try it out. I find it's quite fun =)

"Four goddesses have left paradise to find their own way in the fascinating human realm."

Begin with four sims: I don't have supernatural, but wanted a supernatural-esque vibe, so my four each represent one element: earth (purple), water (blue), air (white), and fire (red). Obviously the colors can be different, or with supernatural you could use your four favorites; for example, if I had it I would do a fairy, ghost, vampire, and witch (because I don't really like werewolves). Or with other expansions, a mermaid, genie, and alien and I don't know what else. Is there anything else?

Similarly to the perfect genetics challenge, the goal is to get an heir that resembles the mother (I don't have mods, so the easiest way is to use women) and can carry on her legacy. With supernatural, the heir would have to inherit the occult status. Any children that do not meet requirements must be raised and moved out before the mother can try again.

Each elemental specializes in a certain trait/traits, for mine:

Earth: "Mother earth, she is gifted with the green thumb of the goddess Ceres, gardening is her specialty. Her season is Autumn; her colors are purple, green and brown."
--Traits: family-oriented, green thumb, collector
--Skill: Gardening
--lifetime rewards: fertility treatment, super green thumb, collection helper
--Note: Must teach toddler/child all teachable skills and read at least two books to them; should be faithful to chosen mate

Water: "She is fearless as Artemis and enjoys the company of animals far more than people. Her season is Winter; her colors are blue, aqua/sea green and black."
--Traits: angler, athletic
--Skill: Fishing (or something pet-related)
--Note: Only engages in romantic activities for a child; may raise pets

Air: "She is flighty like Aphrodite, beautiful and charming. She plays the music of the gods in the Spring air. Her colors are white and pale off-white (cream, light peach, lime green, etc..)"
--Traits: flirty, virtuoso,
--Skill: Any one musical instrument
--lifetime rewards:
--Note: May have infinitely many relationships

Fire: "Athena....in the heat of summer. Her colors are red, deep pink, and orange."
--Traits: hopeless romantic, charismatic, artistic
--Skill: Painting (or writing or some other craft)
--Note: One romance at a time, may only end at full relationship;

For each, at least two of the following should be unusual: hair color, eye color, skin color. Eye and skin color MUST be naturally inherited for the child to become the heir (hair color, too, if you like, but that's easily changeable). And as the four are living together, each may only have one potential heir-child at a time (unless you have nraas or some other mod which allows households larger than 8, in which case the first child must be a toddler before a second is conceived).

To start:
1. Create the four above with the necessary traits/features, and others as you like.
2. Move them into whichever lot you choose, but keep in mind that they may not leave it again. Choose wisely, bigger is probably better.
3. Using family funds, drop their funds to 2000 after providing them with a small entry/communal house (cheapest fridge, stove, counter, small table +4 chairs, sink, toilet, shower, beds, bookcase) and a fence around the property. You can make it reasonably pretty, just not decorated. With that 2000, you should be able to purchase for each a single item: easel, guitar, chess table, etc.. that will help them acheive their main goal.
4. They may only take a job they wish for, and no two may have the same job at the same time.
5. Keep track of each girl's individual earnings; as they earn more, each may build their own home on the lot (I made mine on the east, south, west, and north sides rather than the corners, since the mailbox was in one of the corners and made it a better space for my communal house).
6. Taxes: I found that I missed enough miscelaneous earnings, from opportunities and such, that there is always plenty of surplus to pay the taxes. If you are better at keeping track then have each girl pay 1/4. Sucks for those who earn less.
7. Each girl may learn any skills or do any job she likes, but it's best to focus on their specialty and their lifetime want because:
8. In order to have an heir, each must first complete both their lifetime want and their specialty. For example, Earth's lifetime want was to build a perfect garden, which worked out great since her specialty is gardening. Only after she maxed the gardening skill and built the perfect garden was she allowed to have a child. Each subsequent generation must choose a lifetime want that is different from their ancestors'.
9. Once the new heir becomes a young adult, the previous one should move out/move on (die), because otherwise she'll take up needed space. (If she's immortal, just moving her out is fine. Keeping her there is fine too, if you have mods that allow more than 8 sims on the lot). All non-heir children must also move out.
10. The challenge is to build a palace for each, and ends with the completion of the 5th generation's wish-fulfillment.

Aging: Obviously the less time you have, the harder it will be, but normal ages should be about right. But no using the birthday cake to age up children you want to get rid of! Everyone should follow the same aging.

(Since the first generation started at young adult, they have even less time (technically) to complete their goals, so I gave them a lot of (too much) time. To counter-balance that, I decided that they have to complete every challenge for their skill in addition to reaching level 10 and completing their lifetime wish. Whatever you choose, you may set the young adult/adult stage to longer and then set it back once they complete their wish so that subsequent generations are not too easy, but the first is not impossible. Test and see what works for you!)

Bonus: if their ghost color matches (fire dies by fire, water by drowning, earth by starvation, and air by age)

So..what do you think?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 11:47 AM
To answer your question, yes there are more supernaturals but only the genie, fairy, werewolf, vampire, and witch are available in CAS but the others which you have to find/create in game are mermaids, simbots, mummies, plant sims, aliens, and zombies
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tazmin1
To answer your question, yes there are more supernaturals but only the genie, fairy, werewolf, vampire, and witch are available in CAS but the others which you have to find/create in game are mermaids, simbots, mummies, plant sims, aliens, and zombies

If you have MasterController, you can create a sim in CAS, then once in game select the sim you want to change > Nraas > Intermediate > Occult (add). then choose the occult type you want from the list. (except aliens. for that you have to go under advanced > alien percentage > and then set it to desired percentage.)

Then if you want to customize the sim further, then use the game's vanilla CAS after you use the cheats "testingcheatsenabled true" and "unlockoutfits on" to get rid of things like mermaid scales, plantsim skin, etc.

ie: you make a sim with a backstory of being cursed into a naiad. you make the sim in CAS. then take them ingame and use mastercontroller to make them a mermaid. then you use the unlockoutfits on cheat to get rid of the mermeid scales in every category. now you have a naiad.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 10:46 AM
I just discovered this: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments which is practically the same thing..Sorry!!
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Totallyshort
I just discovered this: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments which is practically the same thing..Sorry!!

I was gonna bring up 4IS too. This challenge is basically a duplicate/divergent rule set of 4IS which was created back in 2010.
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 5:01 PM
Ok, great challenge, i have also done the four immortal sisters challenge, and they rn't comepletly the same. I won't be able to do this challenge yet, but it is on the waiting list.
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JustMeHere
I was gonna bring up 4IS too. This challenge is basically a duplicate/divergent rule set of 4IS which was created back in 2010.

it isn't a duplicate
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 1:21 AM
another goddess you could do for earth is demeter (goddess of the hearth, she is also a green thumb) or Gaia (mother nature in greek mythology)
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Sep 2015 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by berlyn11
another goddess you could do for earth is demeter (goddess of the hearth, she is also a green thumb) or Gaia (mother nature in greek mythology)
Actually, Hestia's the goddess of the Hearth, she's just not an Olympian because she gave up her spot to Dionysus. Demeter is the goddess of the Harvest.