Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 2:57 PM
Default WCIF a mod to make my sims change clothes faster.
So I am SO sick of telling my sim to change outfits and then having to wait 2-3 sim hours for them to finally do it.
It cant be just mine that are doing it so slowly, it runs great other than the super slow changing outfits.
Can anyone tell me if anybody has made a mod to make it happen for faster and if they have where can I find it...google is being of no use.
Thanks
Steph
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 2:02 PM
In general my sims do not wait that long to change clothes. Do you have a lot of custom clothes meshes installed and the outfits utilize this custom content? I noticed that it takes longer with some custom content - and some custom meshes I just removed since they seemed really to slow down the system.
Scholar
#3 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 8:08 PM
I have less than 2 GB CC and even before that my sims take FOREVER to change. Whether I click on the dresser or on the sim.

If it's due to my CC I'd really hate to see how long it takes them after a few EPs.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 1:57 PM
Default Wow!
Well, I agree to that! Sorry to hear it. I have encountered some bad juju from some custom content that I installed. Some had things slow down, some just crashed the game all together. It just would seem to me to check that first.
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 10:42 AM
this happens to me as well, but i've begun to notice that it only does it the first time a sim changes. say, if my sim has just grown up and i've changed all her outfits and i tell her to go to work, it takes her three to four sim hours to change into the uniform because it's the first time the game has had to switch the new clothes for the uniform. after that, it's fine.

i don't know if i just made any sense or if it's the same with everyone's games, but i hope i helped a bit? o:
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 5:44 PM
They change clothes way too often, it`s not worth it that the sim is using several hours to try to take a bath and in the end he doesen`t get the time for the bath as it`s been taking too long already..
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:34 PM
Yep,this is why they screwed up with sims 4 takes way way to long to do ANYTHING I do have mods and downloads installed in mine but not enough to do slow it down though,my sims 4 was slow when I 1st installed it so mine slowness is the game it doesn't on my end take 2-4 hrs but it does take way to long...They need to make a mod where you have a closest and there you have all the cloths or most of them and can change just like that and will take in game time 10-20 minutes not the time frame that it does mine takes 30-40 minutes or longer to hardly do anything at all !!! If I know how to do mods I would gladly make something like this,can or does anyone explain to me how or about to make a mod and a clothing mod that I'm talking about in this message ??? If you can't say so in this message just Private Message me plz cause I don't understand at all how to make a mod sometimes on some mods how to get them installed into the sims 4 game like the super pregnancy mod that was very hard to understand how to install... Thank you in advance if you can please much appreciated !!
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 2:53 AM
Hahahah, I think youve come a little late... this is a thread from 8 years ago