Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#876 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 4:40 PM Last edited by BlindingEchoes : 5th Jun 2014 at 5:15 PM.
I love this challenge, I've been playing it for a bit in this small world Aeliview , which runs amazingly well and I feel is perfect for this challenge. My girl Autumn married the University mascot that showed up on her doorstep on day one, they have quite a bit of money thanks for Autumn's book royalties, so buying the lots aren't difficult.

Here are the stats of my current household, the Lee's consist of Autumn (E), Tamsem (E), Jacob (YA), Emilie (YA) & Darren (YA). Plus three YA IF's (Imaginary Friends) turned real, Terri, Riley & Bobby.

Three Owned Residential Lots:
1, Autumn, Tamsem, Darren & Terri.
2, Jacob & Riley
3, Emilie & Bobby

Owned Community Lots:
Graveyard (Bobby)
Spa (Riley)
Bookstore (Autumn)
School (Tasmen)
Hospital (Terri)
Grocery (Emilie)
Bistro (Darren)
City Hall (Jacob)

Planned Community Lots:
Police
Theater
Salon
Science
Advertisement
Test Subject
#877 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 9:34 AM
Well after the complete meltdown of my laptop and a years break from all things Simmy I am getting back into my virtual pixals and having another shot at this challenge/Random Legacy and I’m also blogging an Apocalypse challenge.

As I’ve started again this time I’m a witch (Abbi) (which is a slight deviation from the rules) who, after suffering years of prejudice, is determined to build her own community where all Supernatural folk can live their lives in peace.* I think I’ve set Twallens mods to only immigrate in Supernatural folk but there are a lot of settings so time will tell.

As part of my Random Legacy she has rolled Single, 3 kids, Magician career, Awesome and My Precious! (gifts).* As there is no City Hall or Big Park so she can’t actually be a Magician so I’ve assigned Big Park as her lot to unlock and she will make money by selling garden produce (needs max Gardening/Logic to unlock Big Park).* She won’t make nearly as much without a consignment store to sell at but hopefully she’ll do enough to build a house and buy the lot for Big Park.* I might need to throw some spawners into the world if there really aren’t any, I’ll need a few of the rarer plants to make any decent cash.* Mind you she’s already converted some apples into two rare and one special seed so it might be ok.

I’m not sure what to do for Awesome, maybe pick up alchemy and other skills and have her spend a week in each of the different life forms so she can be a werewolf, a zombie, a ghost, a Vampire, a fairy and a Plant Sim?* That would be pretty Awesome.* I’m not sure if all of those would be possible but it’s probably worth a shot.

Her traits are: Genius, Loves the Outdoors, Loves the Heat, Eco-Friendly, Green Thumb and her lifetime want is Grow Perfect Garden.* With those traits she is loving her gypsy life and happy as a pig in muck right now!

I downloaded my empty lot from the exchange, can’t remember the name off hand and I’m not sure if it has any spawners.* At the moment it doesn’t matter as she conjured apples and planted them to start gardening which then gave her some more seeds to plant.* She is also casting conversion spells on what she conjures and give her other things to plant.

Abbi is romancing the University mascot, which thinking about it I’m not sure if is cheating as University needs to be unlocked.* Oh well, I’ll leave it as is until told otherwise, maybe it’s another university.* He’s a horrible person to have around because he keeps wanting to take photo’s every second (no exaggeration) and I eventually have to kick him out because Abbi can’t do a single other interaction with him around – that’s got to be a bug.* Oh well, it’s not like she’s allowed to have him around away so his contribution to the next generation is going to be thankfully small.* Microscopic in fact.

Once the kids start popping out it might lower her skilling a bit and I guess she’ll actually have to build a house rather than camping out on the lawn.* I’ll try and time it for when the seasons get colder and she’ll have to move all of her plants into pots and put them inside anyway.

One glitch I’ve already encountered (which feels me with dread) is that she can’t have a chessboard on the lot.* As soon as she gets one she is no longer able to be selected at all so I can’t direct her to cast spells or what not, I have to stick it in the family inventory to fix it.* Very peculiar.* Maybe it’s the world and I should debunk now…

Anyway early days.*
Test Subject
#878 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 9:57 AM
One question if I may related to NPCs moving in.

Abbi got pregnant and even though she was a single sim kept getting all these wishes to marry; after they got to 10k I gave in and had her quickly marry him and then boot him out.*

What I thought at the time was that she wasn’t allowed to keep any money he brought with him (only about 1800) and she also tried to not take anything in his inventory.* However as soon as he had moved in he moved out and didn’t keep anything in his inventory.* I used the kick out option but now I have read the rules and it looks like:

1.****** *As he wasn’t an NPC and didn’t move in with 20k I was allowed to keep his cash

2.****** I am allowed to keep whatever he has in his inventory

3.****** I wasn’t allowed to kick him out, I needed to buy him a house and move him into it

Is that right?* If so I wouldn’t have moved him in so I’ll leave it as is and minus 10k reward points from Abbi when I get a chance and leave all of the stuff that came with him in the family inventory ie just pretend he never moved in in the first place.* I don’t want a human cluttering up my Supernatural World already.

Also I’m a bit confused by the following:

2. If the Sim you’re moving in is an NPC, you can’t keep the $20,000 they bring with them.

Followed a wee bit later by

-********* If your Sims have the money, you may move in an NPC at any time to use their money to buy the NPC a house of their own provided that you move them into their new home immediately.

I’m not sure if that’s a bit of erroneous grammar or not but as you mentioned ‘NPC’ directly prior to ‘their money’ you are saying that you can use the NPCs money to buy their house.* Which means that you can move in any NPC and just use the 20k they bring you to build them a house and shift them out.* Which would take all the challenge out so I’m thinking it’s actually meant to read something like ‘If your Sims have the money you may move in an NPC at any time, remove the 20k that comes with the NPC and use your own household funds to build the NPC a house of their own provided that you move them into their new home immediately.’* Is this correct?
Test Subject
#879 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by m1nks
I’m not sure if that’s a bit of erroneous grammar or not but as you mentioned ‘NPC’ directly prior to ‘their money’ you are saying that you can use the NPCs money to buy their house.* Which means that you can move in any NPC and just use the 20k they bring you to build them a house and shift them out.* Which would take all the challenge out so I’m thinking it’s actually meant to read something like ‘If your Sims have the money you may move in an NPC at any time, remove the 20k that comes with the NPC and use your own household funds to build the NPC a house of their own provided that you move them into their new home immediately.’* Is this correct?

So far sounds interesting. But to get to some of your questions.

The game doesn't see the mascot as a NPC, so you don't have to worry there. And the reason you don't want to kick you sim out is because you are trying to build a world. Now you can always turn any humans into a supernatural if that's the problem, but you do know there's 50% chance that your sim kids would be a human. Just saying.

If you move in the NPC and move them out right away, then its okay to have the money, for the money will be going into that NPC house, and besides there's a huge chance that house will be over 20K.

I can't remember everything right now since you post back to back, but I'll reread them when I come back.
Test Subject
#880 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 8:56 AM
So far no glitches that have caused my game to irrevocably crash – although I think I may have an issue with my IF’s not aging up and being generally stuck in toy form.* Oh well I wasn’t planning on making that one real yet anyway.

I’ve got a couple of questions regarding money.

1.****** *I think I’ve asked this before but you can’t sell skill plaques can you?

2.****** Is anyone who lives in the house able to open a lot?* Spouses etc?

3.****** If one generation takes over from the next is the previous generation still able to earn money?

Number 3 is an issue I have now.* My founder had just had her last child age up.* Number one and two have gone on their merry way unlocking Junk Shop and Laundromat respectively but number three is my heir and her career is Sports Agent.* Now I’ve never done any of the university careers but I am guessing that you need the athletic stadium to do this job.* Which costs £105,000.* With two house lots (not the best houses but not total shacks either) and two properties (even though the Dump is officially ‘free’ the amount of money Hector had to spend buying scrap to get his Inventing up to 10 wasn’t cheap…) money has been pretty tight.* Thank goodness for the ruling on Galaxy gazing being ok for earning cash – that’s made me sooo much money, in one particularly spectacular night Abbie made over 10k.*

Still, they are currently a little over the halfway mark to the $105,000 needed for a stadium, about $70k I think, and I want to know if Abbie needs to stop earning money from her Garden now that Lilith has just aged into a YA?* In fact was she supposed to give up her Garden as soon as she earned her Big Park and enrol as a Magician or is it ok to decide to continue in the ‘career’ she had started seeing as she couldn’t start as a Magician?

If the ruling is that Abbie needs to stop earning money through her garden (which wouldn’t be too bad as it’s nearly Winter again and she’ll probably make more money star gazing anyway seeing as only a few plants are moved inside and the rest of the garden goes dorment) and Lillith can’t currently start hers (as they don’t have enough money for the Stadium yet) is she allowed to take any relevant job ‘for now’ and transfer as soon as she can buy the Stadium?* Actually in this case she wouldn’t take a job as I can’t think of one which she can do which could be tied to the Sports Agent career – at least not one which would earn half as much as Galaxy gazing which really rakes in the cash.

Other than money being pretty tight and the IF’s not working correctly, everything is going swimmingly.* The My Precious (gifts) has been incredibly easy to fulfil because the only gifts Abbie got was one picture and bunch of flowers.* I doodad up the ‘greenhouse’ (room with plants in pots) so it is the only nicely decorated room in the house, popped in a living room chair (purloined from a Dumpster J), hung my picture there and called it a day.*

The Amazing part is still in progress.* The difficult part is finding the ingredients to make the potions.* I think the Genie one is going to be a dead loss those rare fireflies are not showing themselves (even when hunting during the full* moon as a Werewolf).* For the Mummy curse Abbie went to Egypt (after she’d bought her lot) and got the insects she needed and seeing as we have no graveyard *yet she’s about to head to China because I think there is one there so she can get a Vampire Fish for the Vampire potion.*

Not sure how to get a Forbidden Fruit which I think you need to become a plant sim.* I’ll do more research.

Generation 2 rules kick in now – Fulfilled and Gourmet.* Looks like I’ll have to buy a stove…

Test Subject
#881 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 8:03 PM
I’ve got a couple of questions regarding money.

1.****** *I think I’ve asked this before but you can’t sell skill plaques can you?

2.****** Is anyone who lives in the house able to open a lot?* Spouses etc?

3.****** If one generation takes over from the next is the previous generation still able to earn money?*

1. Don't think you can sell skills plaques
2. Anyone can open a lot. You don't have to stay in one house, you are building a city.
3. Everyone still can earn money, mores ways to earn money in the beginning is what you are working on to skill.

*I'm not really sure what you asking about with the money and stuff, I'll try to reread all of that later to get a better understanding. But to become a Magician, you will need a park, and to get a park I think you need to max garden.

Now I'm going to tell you what I usually do. My Sims starts on skills that they can make money from first, or on something that they don't need to buy the lot. Like city hall or the school you don't have to buy out, so I'll get a sim to learn those skills. Another thing you can do is make one or two sims travel and stuff, and don't worry about them getting a lot, or use sims that already have their lots. That way you can make money and meet people to bring or invite over to visit, so you can get more people into your world.
Test Subject
#882 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissAtlantis
1. Don't think you can sell skills plaques
2. Anyone can open a lot. You don't have to stay in one house, you are building a city.
3. Everyone still can earn money, mores ways to earn money in the beginning is what you are working on to skill.

*I'm not really sure what you asking about with the money and stuff, I'll try to reread all of that later to get a better understanding. But to become a Magician, you will need a park, and to get a park I think you need to imax garden.

Now I'm going to tell you what I usually do. My Sims starts on skills that they can make money from first, or on something that they don't need to buy the lot. Like city hall or the school you don't have to buy out, so I'll get a sim to learn those skills. Another thing you can do is make one or two sims travel and stuff, and don't worry about them getting a lot, or use sims that already have their lots. That way you can make money and meet people to bring or invite over to visit, so you can get more people into your world.

I'm doing a combined NIF/Random Legacy, the rules are different. It's much more restrictive about who can earn money and a whole heap of other things.
Test Subject
#883 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 10:06 PM
I'm doing a combined NIF/Random Legacy, the rules are different. It's much more restrictive about who can earn money and a whole heap of other things.

Ah okay now that makes sense to me. For Random what I was told to only work on things that open or something like that. Like if the sim rolls writer, tho they can't have writer as a job yet, they can work on writing and charisma to first get city hall, then get into the writer career. Same with a painter. But for a magician, first max garden to get a park, forgot what you do to make it a big park, add a stage to it, then you are able to be a magician. But if you roll something like doctor, max logic, and do something you can make money fast, then you can get a hospital to become a doctor. But if you roll something that at the moment that you wont be able to start on yet, roll again.
#884 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 10:21 PM
With the Random Legacy money rules-
1.) No, you cannot sell the plaques and keep the funds they bring in. Nor can you sell gnomes.
2.) Yes. Spouses and children may earn you lots.
3.) Yes. The previous generation is still allowed to bring in money.
4.) To get a forbidden fruit seed you'd need the science station that comes with Uni. You'll need to up your Science skill until you can perform experiments on the seeds. Then you'll get a chance to get one each time you do an experiment on a seed.

As for a lot of your questions regarding career: This is just my *opinion* only, but I think part of the challenge of doing both a Random and a NIF legacy is that you wait to put them in the career until the lot/RH that has the career is there. I do get that that really restricts money earning potential though. At least with the gourmet roll coming up you could use that as a way to open the diner or bistro without needing one of your sims to join the career. I also had thought making money from stargazing was only if your sim rolled the Freelance Science Non standard career? And now I've said that- The Random Legacy Challenge rules are designed to make getting money difficult. Keep that in mind as your go through. What I would *suggest* in such a situation is getting creative. Perhaps your sim invites other sims over and trains them on athletic equipment and for each hour they train another sim perhaps pay them so many simoleans? Perhaps do the same but with jogging once a day? I know that's still "Cheaty" (technically, but most people bend the rules when playing through) but I can also understand having your sim sit around twiddling their thumbs just because they haven't earned the money yet being really trying.

Regarding your Awesome: Those damn fireflies! They really are hard to find. Good luck!

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find-
Secrets of the Sixkillers
A Random Legacy
Test Subject
#885 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 8:39 AM
Hi – thanks for answering those questions.

Regarding your opinion I lean that way myself.* For Abbie rolling Magician and 3 children as a single parent and the originating sim I decided that I would work towards the lot that would unlock the Magician career by being a Gardner but wouldn’t be a Magician herself.* I can’t see a specific ruling but I think once you start a career, whatever it is, then that’s it; unless it’s part of the Random Legacy to swap around of course.

It’s actually been a very handy lot as all of the performers and tourists and the paparazzi all converge their rather than scattering themselves all of the map so it’s easy to meet enough people to unlock charisma if you want.

For Lilith as my next and current heir I’ve realised that if I top Logic, Athletic and Charisma she’ll be able to ‘purchase’ the Academy which is the combined lot of athletic stadium/school and it’s free!* Seeing as she’s already topped logic and her Charisma and Athletic skills are pretty high as I’ve been working on them as they are the skills she’ll need in the Sports Agent career I think it’s worth holding off and getting that.* So currently she’s had her first baby with her first husband and is raising him and skilling up.* Once that lot is unlocked she can begin her career.*

Her husband (the first one) is an Inventor and as that doesn’t really need a lot as such and he’s a natural cook and the next generation heir has Culinary rolled for a career I’m going to get him to unlock a food lot; as he has access to a garden for skilling up that skill I might aim for the Grocery Store/Diner combo.* The great thing about that is that my 3rd generation heir would then have a free choice of a lot to unlock and a lot of time to do it… City Hall/Police Station/Military hopefully depending on what I roll for generation 4 when I get that far.

Husband number two is set to be a mixologist so he’ll just unlock a bar.* As Lilith should be pulling in a decent wage money shouldn’t be so critical by then especially with the $115k I save through not buying the stadium.* I’m not too sure how long it will take to get Mixology maxed out without access to any skill books though so I can’t leave the partner swap too late just in case.

At some point Lilith is going to have to split from him and get her second partner to have her second child who will be the heir, but before that we’ll have Christopher (child #1) who can unlock something.* As he has to move out at YA it can’t be anything that requires too much in the way of Max Skills especially as the school will shortly be unlocked and he won’t have all day to skill up.* I could try to Max Athletics and Handiness and unlock the Firestation as a free lot, or just Writing and unlock the Spa/Bookstore combo, but that costs $80k so it’s not cheap.

I got my forbidden fruit which was totally useless as it doesn’t work on supernaturals apparently.* So now I’m trying to fish myself a Fairy Damsel so *Abbie can become a fairy and that will about be it.* Finding the fireflies for a Genie potion is a dead loss but we did have a lamp and she is friendly with the Genie in it and she’s been abducted (by aliens) more times than a woman in a Victorian melodrama and is good friends with one and she’ll become a ghost at some point as well.* I’ve just got to wait…* I’ll call that a win for the Amazing requirement.
Test Subject
#886 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShakespearesSunshyne
r. I also had thought making money from stargazing was only if your sim rolled the Freelance Science Non standard career? And now I've said that- The Random Legacy Challenge rules are designed to make getting money difficult
ck!

Nope totally allowed, considered a 'random event'
Test Subject
#887 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 8:55 AM
Here's the section:
4. Your sim may ONLY make money with the activities outlined in their career roll. But there are some EXCEPTIONS. Exceptions are: (1) you may also complete opportunities for money, provided those opportunities don't violate some other rule, (2) making money with the telescope is perfectly fine, since discovering stars, celestial bodies and meteors is a considered a random event,
Test Subject
#888 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 11:18 PM
Greetings everyone. How are you and your sims? Have anyone gotten far in their town or family? My founder is almost at the end of her lifeline, but I'm hoping she will stay with us for a bit longer. The baby of the family is about to become a child =^o^= so thinking of throwing a big birthday party. Oh and my oldest son came home. Man did he grow up well. LOL I now want to make him heir, but I decided at the beginning that he and his sister will not be heir since I didn't raise them. But if the two younger ones are not cute, I may change my mind.
Scholar
#889 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 10:56 PM
Cool. I might try this
Scholar
#890 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 10:56 PM
Cool. I might try this -D
Test Subject
#891 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
Cool. I might try this -D

Have fun with it Irish (=^o^=)
Test Subject
#892 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 4:27 AM
My founder died the other day. She was ready to go, but I wasn't. The night she died, her youngest son just age to teen, so did his IF.
My question is do I need to rebuy her lot even tho it is still in the family? If so it give me a good reason to take it out so I can get a combo building.
Test Subject
#893 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 12:31 AM
I had a quick question in regards to hangout lots. Do you have to buy them or do you treat them as visitors allowed spots? Because I intend to make a juice bar somewhere for sims to go on dates eventually.

I'm just starting this challenge using Deery Meadows by mysim reality. I only have base game and some CC - no mods and no EPs. That gives some pros and cons. Pro being less buildings to make. Cons being less ways to make money. I'll probably get Twallan's SP mod soon, though. I've been debating on it for a month now.

Wish me luck! I'll keep you posted on family progress once I get started.
Test Subject
#894 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 3:20 PM
So, I started with Matilda Bumpkin, the girl who lives off the land. She's an artistic green thumb and angler who loves the outdoors as much as she loves to read. It took forever to get a mate. I'm not kidding. The mailman, the pizza delivery woman, the maid, the repo man, the fireman, and the repair man were ALL women. I don't have any mods, so this was really not helpful at all. Finally, when I was resigned to getting all friendly with the child newspaper deliverer, as he was the only boy I knew, I had invited the boy inside where, awkwardly, he aged up in front of me and proceeded to break all of my appliances one by one while Matilda was sleeping. The repair woman died or was somehow replaced with a man, Stephan, who I quickly kidnapped into my home. Just kidding! I had Matilda do it.

Stephan is a clumsy repairman who is very handy and very grumpy. He's also frugal and a green thumb, which attracted Matilda to him in the first place.

I intend to use Matilda to unlock the grocery store. She's just maxed her gardening but we need another 20,000 simoleons before that can happen. Fun fact: we have practically no backyard because there are so many plants. Stephan is going to unlock the military base for me. He came in with maxed handiness, but I feel it's not cheating because he has literally broken and fixed at least one appliance a day every day for a few sim weeks. Also, he's level nine athletic and spends every possible hour either working out to music, looking for stars, or jogging back and forth the long, empty city streets.

They have two children, Analise and Arthur, a teen and a child, respectively. Analise is an artistic bookworm who is also a hopeless romantic and neurotic (yay no school). I'll be using her for a bookstore, I think. Or just royalties. She has a boyfriend, Arthur's old babysitter, who will probably soon age up without her but she'll just have to wait patiently until they can be together again. Arthur is a genius athlete of a bookworm who will one day get me a criminal warehouse or a gym (jobs or people, that's the decision...). He spends most of his time discovering stars or talking to the new newspaper delivery boy. I'm debating having a third child. I can't wait til I don't have to use the newspaper boys; it feels wrong to force the sims to wait for him to come and be all "HIIII! You're the ooonly one I know so I'm all over you right now." With Analise, she talks to her BF now, and the parents talk to the plants, but Arthur just swarms that poor boy in hopes he'll move in and they'll move out together one day.

The house they all live in is cheap, but fully functional, so the kids will move out once I'm done using the parents for their money and their buildings.

So, yeah! I spent quite a while playing last night and it was wonderful.
Test Subject
#895 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 8:48 PM
@Naitte14
You gotten far very fast. An idea is when your founder and/or her hubby unlocks those building for you. Go to Uni or vacations, that way you be able to meet new people and ask them to come visit some times. That's a good way to get more people. And if one day one of her kids happens to like the visitor you can ask them to move in, and BAM a new couple.
Test Subject
#896 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 4:19 AM
Ok my founder had died on her younger son Teen birthday. The oldest have gotten married and move out. The younger son still a teen have a baby son. The youngest of the kids is now a Teen.
Test Subject
#897 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 6:58 PM Last edited by DizziSquirrel : 28th Jul 2014 at 10:02 PM.
My house is full to bursting but I've only unlocked a small park from my founder Sims gardening! it is however a great meeting place for new sims
I am really struggling with the making money side of things
Founder Sim (Elder) gardening maxed and writing almost maxed earning about $17000
wife (E) maxed athletic and handiness (No Income)
son1 (YA)maxed painting

no maxed skills but the 1st skill listed is around the 7/8 mark
Daughter (YA)painting and logic
Son2 (YA)guitar & ? nothing else close to maxed (No Income)
daughter ( teen) writing - only 1 novel complete
son (teen)cooking & gardening
son - Child

HELP !! I am not sure how to "play this out"
I have built a small trailer home to move son1 into with his GF but I haven't used him for a community lot and need his painting monies

Feedback welcome x
Test Subject
#898 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DizziSquirrel
My house is full to bursting but I've only unlocked a small park from my founder Sims gardening! it is however a great meeting place for new sims
I am really struggling with the making money side of things
Founder Sim (Elder) gardening maxed and writing almost maxed earning about $17000
wife (E) maxed athletic and handiness (No Income)
son1 (YA)maxed painting

no maxed skills but the 1st skill listed is around the 7/8 mark
Daughter (YA)painting and logic
Son2 (YA)guitar & ? nothing else close to maxed (No Income)
daughter ( teen) writing - only 1 novel complete
son (teen)cooking & gardening
son - Child

HELP !! I am not sure how to "play this out"
I have built a small trailer home to move son1 into with his GF but I haven't used him for a community lot and need his painting monies

Feedback welcome x

Paint, write, collect. Do things that you can sell right away, you can even pick flowers. Also a good idea is to work on maxing skills that let you unlock things for free. A sim that have max and gotten a lot, or a sim that you don't mind not earning a lot from, send him/her on vacation to do quests and stuff.

You can also make the son your heir, and just move the parents out.

What I did is that I had my founder max out cooking while she writes and paint. She gotten her lifetime wish done early on. With the money she gotten the bistro. Then she took the test for UNI, and used that money to go to college, where she did meet her husband, brought food to plant and fill the fridge, she always collected the extra funds, and learn as many skills she could. Since I have Traveler, I got her to travel to Sunset valley, and register as a writer, that way when she back home she will make more from writing and she did use the writer reward points. She then gotten married to the guy from Uni, and he was already a writing, so he also writes, to get us the library. I wanted a bookstore, but at the time I could only get the bookstore with two other buildings, so we got library instead.

Nakendra and Cid had five kids in all. Allen was sent to broading school for both child and teen years. But since the school gave him charismatic, he was able to max it fast. Since Nakendra had friends from Uni and SV to come and visit, and lots of paparazzi. Once it was max he gave us the cityhall, then I took him to Uni to find a mate and make us some money, Once home, he bought two girls with him, one he gotten pregnant, and the two girls move out to their own house. Then I move Allen out. I couldn't move the other girl out by herself which was my plan. Allen and his baby mama Jennifer did get married on their own. I'm just hoping they will hurry up and move in together.

Adam the second child didn't go to school so he had plenty of time to max his logic still and unlocked the Hospital. I accidentally gave him the wrong skills to unlock. Adam was the first of the kids to get a building. So beside the Bistro, the Hospital was the second place to get a job. He went on vacation with his dad, and sister, and met his wife Tammy. They are married with a son and moved out.

Ashley went to boarding school all her life and have not max a skill yet, so she gave us the spa, because I wanted her to travel. She have a daughter but is not married yet. She still lives at home.

I had been move Cid out of the house to live on his own, since my founder Nakendra pass away of old age before their youngest Amber could age to teen. So she never met her daughters in law, or seen her grand kids. Cid is going out with the other young lady, but no one has moved to live with the other, which is why I still don't have a free house yet.

Andrew also stayed home and married his IF. They became parents as teenagers. Andrew gotten us the bookstore and Lucky the Big Park.

Amber has not max fishing yet so she gave us the graveyard, and her If a Grocery store.

They still have some money, but is running out fast. Amber and her IF Patterns are still teens, so I still have time to raise money to move them out.
Test Subject
#899 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 4:23 AM
I'm currently playing this challenge myself, and it's great so far! I emptied out Sunset Valley (because my custom worlds act buggy when I tried this challenge there) and I unlocked the bookstore less than a week Sim time. My character isn't married because all potential mates suddenly disappear when she talks to them (and I later receive notifications of their deaths), but she's adopting kids to make up for that. Right now she has a toddler girl that I'm waiting on to grow up, and I hope to get more after that! I just have my girl add to the family funds by having her work on the cars from Roaring Heights so I can sell them. I love this challenge, and I cant wait to see how things will turn out!
Lab Assistant
#900 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 9:05 AM
I need to get back to playing this one. Every time I have almost restored the town, the save gets glitchy. I got frustrated after the 8th restart and quit. But, it really is probably my favorite challenge. As complicated as it is, its still really simple.
Page 36 of 39