Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 9:15 PM
Please help and please don't be mean, first time!!
Hi

I made a sim and was wondering if it is possible to have that sim as the landlord for an apartment that I'm building.

Any help will be accepted
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mrsteeza1
Hi

I made a sim and was wondering if it is possible to have that sim as the landlord for an apartment that I'm building.

Any help will be accepted

The landlord is generated by the game randomly. It will depend what you want to do. If you want to share the lot (this is creator feedback, so there is a sort of assumption that's what you're here for), there is no way to do that. If it is just for yourself, you can use SimPE to clone a copy of the landlord's APPEARANCE over the landlord generated by the game. It won't be the same sim though.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 8:24 AM
help
Okay, first I would like to say thanks, now I am new to SimPE, I have it open right now and I could use some help.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 10:38 AM
Well what is it you want to do? If you are cloning the appearance of a sim over the landlord, you can partially use this tutorial:
http://pixel-trade.livejournal.com/16091.html
Get to the point of extracting the sim but instead of extracting use the sim you want to copy over (the original landlord) as the patient and the sim you are cloning from as the archetype and then press 'surgery'.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
The landlord is generated by the game randomly. It will depend what you want to do. If you want to share the lot (this is creator feedback, so there is a sort of assumption that's what you're here for), there is no way to do that. If it is just for yourself, you can use SimPE to clone a copy of the landlord's APPEARANCE over the landlord generated by the game. It won't be the same sim though.

If I use SimPE wil I have to remake the sim in Bodyshop??
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 12:04 AM
Not copying over the appearance of an existing sim onto the landlord NPC. The whole point is, you can't create a landlord yourself since the game randomly generates one, the only thing you can do is make the landlord a copy of another sim.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 10:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Not copying over the appearance of an existing sim onto the landlord NPC. The whole point is, you can't create a landlord yourself since the game randomly generates one, the only thing you can do is make the landlord a copy of another sim.

Okay, thank you very much for you help. I'll give you shout as soon as I have done what you suggest. Until then Happy Simming