Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jericho

by simsample Posted 28th Dec 2011 at 5:56 PM - Updated 2nd Sep 2021 at 8:09 PM by simsample : Resurrected dead links!

521 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 292 Feedback Posts, 228 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 17 of 21
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#401 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 7:56 AM
I love this world but I am gutted, I've downloaded this world but game keeps crashing eveytime I Edit Town, new laptop for me I think....
Inventor
#402 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 10:13 AM
Hi simsample! Is that you: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=5511274 who uploaded the world? I hope so and not that somebody stole your world. If it's not you then we should all report the download!! (Just click "report item".)

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#403 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 4:24 PM
brent13420- Yes I know, but people must provide an English translation in their post ('tis site rules).

shab74- What a shame, thanks for downloading though! Jericho is larger than the EA worlds, so low end computers may struggle.

himawara106- No, that's not my account, someone else has uploaded it. I only ever upload under the name simsample, and my Sims 3 account is here:
http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/simsample
And my thread for Jericho is here:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...83.page#7424161
I didn't upload it to the exchange. I had a lot of PMs about this, so I know that at least one person has already reported this, so I don't know if reporting again will help. Also that version of Jericho looks to be intact, with the right file size and lot count. So I don't think it's anything to worry about really, I would be more upset if they had tampered with it and made it break people's games! Thanks for letting me know, though.
Field Researcher
#404 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 9:29 PM
This is a VERY VERY late reply, and I apologize for that. I haven't even been playing my game that often lately.

Simsample, I believe I got the issue fixed. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm one of the players who the hospital and spa missing in the game. I downloaded and reinstalled Riverview.

But now I have another question. The tomb behind City Hall. I cannot get the one door open. I wish I could elaborate more, but it's been a few weeks. But this door stays locked. I assume it's my next step. If I remember correctly, I was able to go up the stairs, move the statue over the one floor panel, and when I do that, the lights turn red and there's no clue on the next step after that. Would you be able to give me a hint as to what to do next, or if I may have done something wrong, like missing a step? I wish I could tell you where in the tomb I went first, but I can't remember everything and my game's also kinda blah at the moment. I have to reinstall it. :P
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#405 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kayleena
Simsample, I believe I got the issue fixed. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm one of the players who the hospital and spa missing in the game. I downloaded and reinstalled Riverview.

Hooray, it sounds like you maybe had a decrapified version of Riverview, or perhaps it wasn't installed correctly. The DCcache files can sometimes corrupt.

I'm glad you're having fun with it, thanks for the comment!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#406 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 12:56 AM
Ohhh, that is a great tip! I didn't know the tombs could be created so complex. That's just awesome. I have three more disks to install, and if everything installed smoothly, after I install my CC (sims3packs) and move all my other CC and mods back in, I'll let you know if I made it through the rest of the tomb.

You're quite welcome!! I don't think I could complain about your world if I wanted to. I do make sure my sims all have fast cars though. :P
Inventor
#407 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 9:14 AM
@simsample
Ok - I reported it now. The more people report it the more likely EA deletes it!

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#408 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 9:36 PM
Kayleena- Thanks for the lovely comment, I hope you manage to finish the tomb!

himawara106- Thank you, I'm not sure whether they will delete it though! I don't mind really, I would be bothered if he had uploaded something rubbish in my name, but since it seems to be a kosher version of Jericho it's not really a problem.
Test Subject
#409 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 12:43 AM
Simsample,

Just wanted to say I'm adoring Jericho, my favourite town so far!

I wondered though, do you play with Twallan's Story Progression yourself? After extensive testing, I've found that I'm suffering freezes with it running - absolutely none without. Tested without CC and been clearing cache, just disabling the mod seems to solve it with Overwatch and other crucial clean-up mods making no impact.

At a loss, as I love both world and mod!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#410 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 3:44 AM
Reslekan- Thanks for the great comment! I'm glad you like Jericho.

I do play with Twallan's SP, and have no problems with freezing. Remember though that the SP mod can increase the payload on your computer- so your PC may have to do more work when this mod is installed. What you can do is to change the settings slightly to make the impact less. What I used to do on my old computer was to lengthen the intervals on each setting- so that the mod was firing the career progression, for example, every 2000 sim minutes instead of every 30 sim minutes. Also you could remove the personalities module so that there are less scenarios being played, turn off some of the pushes, turn off immigration and emigration, cap your world population, reduce the chances of pregnancy, reduce the number of pet, car and bicycle purchases, turn off dream catcher. You could also reduce the number of strays, paparazzi and tourists with Register, and remove some of the bars and food registers in town. Clean up the homeless too, put some graves in the mausoleum so that ghosts are not emerging.

There are some more performance tips in the first post. I hope this helps!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#411 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 1:09 PM
Wow, that's impressive! Not only world but all your gameplay. Thanks a lot.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#412 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 12:34 PM
Thank you, Kamolm! I'm pleased that you are enjoying it, thanks for commenting!
Test Subject
#413 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 3:38 PM
Do you have any plans to add the new lots from Showtime?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#414 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 3:48 PM
Test Subject
#415 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
AnimaSeverem-
http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...6&postcount=381

Ah, gotcha.

...I suck at building exteriors. I really, really suck at it.

I did however tweak the Bermont Esplanade.

I turned the little cafe into a bakery using Ani's Shop From Inventory and Sandy's bakery set with the edible stuff.

I also added a bookstore, bistro, clothing store/salon, and other stuff you might find in a strip mall.

I added the new gaming stuff in Showtime to the arcade (Skee ball, extra tables, etc.)

I updated Fingal's with more Shop From Inventory. Because you just can't have an Irish pub without Bailey's.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#416 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 8:55 PM
Simsample, I just downloaded your Jericho and just wanted to say "nice job".
Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#417 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 12:59 AM
small town living ... thank for uplode
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#418 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 2:29 PM
AnimaSeverem- sounds very interesting! I wish we could build proper businesses like in Sims 2, as that would have made Jericho a lot more fun! I've had a lot of requests to update Jericho, so maybe I'll get chance to look at it soon.

morphius1- Thank you for the nice comment! I'm glad you like it, I hope you have lots of fun!

woodnavala- Aww, thank you! I hope you enjoy playing with Jericho! :D

Thank you all for downloading, and for the lovely comments!
Test Subject
#419 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 5:25 PM
On another note, I believe I've found a routing error on one of the bridges. The one between Old Town and New Town (I think?) will sometimes have Sims that go over it getting completely stuck (as in routefailing when I try to leave). I don't have my game open at the moment, but I do believe it was that bridge. Check the others, just in case I'm wrong.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#420 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 10:12 AM
Thanks for the report, AnimaSeverem- could you please take a screenshot so that I know which bridge? I've been playing Jericho for around 60 sim weeks with a 200 sim population and have not encountered any problems with the bridges- my sims can use all of them with no glitches. No-one else has reported any bridge problems either so it's possible that either you've found a rare glitch, or maybe it's a problem that's only occurring since the latest patch, or possibly it could be something unique to your setup (mods perhaps). So if you could take a screenshot or give me more detail, I could investigate.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#421 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 9:55 PM
This is amazing...I might just have to buy myself a few EPs just to play this!
Lab Assistant
#422 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 4:02 AM
I would love to have this...WOW! But I took Pets off because it bothered me, does it need Pets to run it?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#423 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 10:21 AM
Longcat1231- thanks for the nice comment! I hope you can try out Jericho very soon!

instantmagic- yes, it needs all EPs listed in the first thread and the download tab. You also need Riverview, and there are two lots which use stuff packs. Please read the information on the first post (overview) for details.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#424 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 12:05 PM
Thank you so much for sharing this world. My Sims and I are having a blast!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#425 Old 2nd May 2012 at 2:56 PM Last edited by simsample : 8th Jun 2012 at 1:37 PM.
Thanks for the feedback, xrebelyellx! I'm pleased that you and your sims like it.

*Showtime beta on hold for a while, sorry- real life is busy at the moment!*
Page 17 of 21