Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 2:44 AM Last edited by Aircondor : 21st Apr 2011 at 5:20 AM. Reason: more info
Default Al Joleson . and Pig faces ????
Im having a glitch ,bug, where some of my sims have the oldtimey black face. None of the rest is black just the face.. anyone else having this ? am I doing something wrong or is it maybe one of my mods ?
Just saw a sim going by with what looks like a pig nose. none of them are my main sims ..

Thanks for the fast replies , I will update my video and see if it helps.. I am running an ATI 4550 card if that helps ..

The pig face is , I think the double up of features on the face bug , I think Ive read about that some where
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aircondor
Im having a glitch ,bug, where some of my sims have the oldtimey black face. None of the rest is black just the face.. anyone else having this ? am I doing something wrong or is it maybe one of my mods ?
Just saw a sim going by with what looks like a pig nose. none of them are my main sims ..
It appears to be a hardware/software related glitch, not directly caused by The Sims Medieval itself. I actually get it occasionally with The Sims 2 on my laptop because evidently the graphics hardware is not quite up to spec, particularly if I'm running all EPs and SPs. I never have this problem on my main pc even though the installation is identical. I've tried tweaking the graphics settings in both the game and the latop but have not been able to resolve the problem. I'm sure if I tried running The Sims Medieval on my laptop I would get the blackface problem on there too.

I used to think this was caused by a mod, but after extensive testing I'm pretty sure that is not the case. Unfortunately I don't know how to resolve this graphics issue - aside from buying a new computer or laptop!
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 9:15 PM
I love the idea of an Al Jolson glitch. But like Sophie-David said, I got it a few times with The Sims 2 in the past on an older laptop (although it was more like, pure black face and white eyes), and I am feeling pretty sure that it is in fact related to the graphics hardware and not an installation or mod problem. The pig nose is interesting though.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 12:54 PM
My Vaio laptop is 6 months old. I've experienced this glitch when the character went into the first pregnancy morph.

. . . because sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hang onto.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 4:15 PM
Ok FYI .. updated drivers and the open CL drvr also ? The closer I look at it , it looks like it may be the executioner ? hood on them ...Will remove mods one at a time to see if it changes, oh and yes Im deleting the cash each time..
Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katastrophe1112
My Vaio laptop is 6 months old. I've experienced this glitch when the character went into the first pregnancy morph.

I get that for pregnancy too, and no other times.

Iz odd.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 6:14 PM
I have also experienced this when my Monarch got pregnant. Do you remember what skin-tone you used on that sim?
In my case it was the "Pale white." I don't know if the game uses seperate skins for Pregnant sims, but if so it might be that particular one is not working as intended.